View Poll Results: Who's gonna run this joint?

Voters
1045. You may not vote on this poll
  • <s>Argentina</s>

8 0.77%
  • <s>Australia</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Brazil</s>

2 0.19%
  • <s>Côte d'Ivoire</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Japan</s>

0 0%
  • <s>England</s>

6 0.57%
  • <s>Ghana</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Germany</s>

4 0.38%
  • North Korea

1,001 95.79%
  • <s>Slovakia</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Mexico</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Netherlands</s>

6 0.57%
  • <s>New Zealand</s>

3 0.29%
  • <s>Paraguay</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Portugal</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Uruguay</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Spain</s>

8 0.77%
  • <s>Chile</s>

0 0%
  • <s>I'm American and I don't understand this sport. Therefore U-S-A! U-S-A!</s>

3 0.29%
  • <s>Obligatory some other team joke option</s>

1 0.10%
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 174757616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1021

Thread: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Spain the deserved winners, not a great game of football but I enjoyed watching it, lots of drama. Dutch were a bunch of filthy animals, usually appreciate a bit of filth but they were way over the line and lucky not to be down more men than they were. Was gutted David Villa couldn't go on to score, wanted him to pick up the Golden Boot. But yeah, glad Spain won.

I was rooting for The Netherlands to win. Oh well.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage- View Post
    I miss the 2002 and 2006 World Cup Finals. The ones with goals and teams who didn't sit back and attacked constantly.
    I don't know what World Cup finals you were watching, 2002 and 2006 were better than this but they were still pretty average games. All anyone remembers from 2006 is the headbutt!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage- View Post
    I miss the 2002 and 2006 World Cup Finals. The ones with goals and teams who didn't sit back and attacked constantly.
    I don't know what World Cup finals you were watching, 2002 and 2006 were better than this but they were still pretty average games. All anyone remembers from 2006 is the headbutt!
    Well true, 2002 was totally rigged as a whole. Either way they were much more entertaining to watch.

Oh well, good to have a WC in SA, the culture there is absolutely amazing. Too bad the tournament itself was mediocre in comparison to every other WC though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Rigged? Are you high?

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Rigged? Are you high?
    Korea Republic and Turkey making it into the semifinals? Well Turkey had rather easy opponents in Japan and Senegal, but Korea Republic beating Italy and Spain?

Also, grabbed this from an online article:

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you. When host South Korea bounced Italy from the 2002 tournament, Italian manager Giovanni Trapattoni cried conspiracy. The referee, Byron Moreno of Ecuador, seemed hell-bent on ensuring the Koreans progressed, disallowing a perfectly fine Italian goal and controversially sending off their star, Francesco Totti, for diving to draw a foul.

The Spanish newspapers belittled the Italian claims, but when Spain lost to Korea in the next round, the Spanish newspapers changed their tune, with Marca's headline screaming "Italy was right!" Referee Gamal Ghandour disallowed two legal Spanish goals and his linesmen -- one Ugandan, the other Trinidadian -- judged one Spanish attack after another to be offside. Moreno returned to a hero's welcome in Ecuador but was out of the game within a year after receiving two domestic bans for crooked refereeing. Ghandour retired shortly after Spanish newspapers accused him of accepting a Hyundai car as a "gift" on behalf of the Korean Football Association.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Well, that's the end of that one.

I am not a man

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Ok well thanks for confirming my question!

That rather ignores the fact an odd team often gets to the semi-finals (Belgium, Bulgaria, Sweden, Croatia, Uruguay). And why would Korea be allowed to progress and not Japan, who went out in the last 16? And why am I arguing someone who doesn't seem to understand the concept of logic?

Spain are officially the murderers of the beautiful game, along with the referees. All in all, what a joke of a world cup.

But, you have to be stupid to think that was play acting from Torres, and the goal definitely wasnt offside (not even the pass before).
    What are you talking about you strange human? The Dutch tried to murder every Spanish player. Good grief dude. I'm glad Spain won. The Dutch were disgusting.

Ok well thanks for confirming my question!
    No problem.
    That rather ignores the fact an odd team often gets to the semi-finals (Belgium, Bulgaria, Sweden, Croatia, Uruguay). And why would Korea be allowed to progress and not Japan, who went out in the last 16? And why am I arguing someone who doesn't seem to understand the concept of logic?
    True, true. I actually like it when those surprise teams make it far. Korea's run seemed controversial IN MY OPINION. No doubt that team was great but the events that transpired in those games definitely had some controversy to them.

Also, I apologize if I've offended anybody with comments I've said. Kinda acted butthurt I guess, and I don't know why, I'm not even dutch, and maybe I just dislike Spain. Also probably made myself look like an idiot with some of what I've said haha, but oh well.

Now to focus on Euro 2012. Who's the smallest team participating in qualifying?

San Marino probably. I doubt they'll be qualifying though!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Spain are officially the murderers of the beautiful game, along with the referees. All in all, what a joke of a world cup.

But, you have to be stupid to think that was play acting from Torres, and the goal definitely wasnt offside (not even the pass before).
    What are you talking about you strange human? The Dutch tried to murder every Spanish player. Good grief dude. I'm glad Spain won. The Dutch were disgusting.
    Lol i wasn't exactly happy about the dutch either, i was screaming at the ref to send De Jong off, I was really disgusted, but all in all I am just not a fan of Spain's football style, which is technically and tactically good, but not entertaining what so ever (i know that a good team and entertaining team can be two completely different things, but still).

I was actually rooting for Spain until about 80 minutes into the game.

San Marino probably. I doubt they'll be qualifying though!
    Looks like that's who I'll be rooting for then.

Also, Diego Forlan gets the Golden Ball award. Totally deserved in my opinion, nobody carried their team more than he did.

Holland played an absolutely disgusting game. Needless to say I was extremely pleased to see Spain win, thoroughly deserved it.