View Poll Results: Who's gonna run this joint?

Voters
1045. You may not vote on this poll
  • <s>Argentina</s>

8 0.77%
  • <s>Australia</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Brazil</s>

2 0.19%
  • <s>Côte d'Ivoire</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Japan</s>

0 0%
  • <s>England</s>

6 0.57%
  • <s>Ghana</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Germany</s>

4 0.38%
  • North Korea

1,001 95.79%
  • <s>Slovakia</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Mexico</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Netherlands</s>

6 0.57%
  • <s>New Zealand</s>

3 0.29%
  • <s>Paraguay</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Portugal</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Uruguay</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Spain</s>

8 0.77%
  • <s>Chile</s>

0 0%
  • <s>I'm American and I don't understand this sport. Therefore U-S-A! U-S-A!</s>

3 0.29%
  • <s>Obligatory some other team joke option</s>

1 0.10%
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213172757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    They suck. Both of them. Sorry Hannah.

Changed my mind, North Korea rule! BEST KOREA! BEST KOREA!

smurfin' hate the vuvuzelas already, dear god make them stop. Also France have not been as as I have been promised, I feel disappointed.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Adrian Chiles and the unholy trinity on the BBC for this game are far worse than any vuvuzela.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Well I guess that'll be seen as a failure for France, but I was hoping for a 3-0 hammering from the Uruguayans. Oh well.

Very flat game, pretty blunt attacking all round. Still, 64 games, there's always going to be some bad ones. And Group A looks wide open.

Really? That shower of that is France cheated their way to the finals for THAT?

Woeful team.

Part of me still wants them to turn it around just because it would wind so many people up, but they don't have a Zidane to really do that for them. They're just flat, no spark at the moment. Not surprising seeing as the players can't stand their own manager. Laurent Blanc probably can't take over soon enough.

Never mind, I'm sure South Korea v Greece will be better tomorrow...er...well, maybe Argentina v Nigeria will be. Predictions:

South Korea 1 Greece 0
    Argentina 3 Nigeria 2
    England 2 USA 1
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 06-11-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Well glad we played quite well against the Mexicans. Thought in the 5th minute that our tournament was already over, but Mokoena put in an amazing tackle and there is still not a clear favourite in this group. Hopefully now the first match is done, they won't make stupid errors like they did this game and might actually get through to the next round.

France - Uruguay was a dull match. Although France had more of the ball, I always felt that Uruguay were a greater threat (until the red card at least). But yeah, France's two new main men (Gourcuff and Ribery) didn't have any spark. Quite disturbing for the team. But let's be honest, with the whole under-age prostitution vibe and their coach being a bit mad, I don't expect them to do particularly well.

Very disappointed with Gourcuff tonight, I put him in my fantasy team and had been singing his praises but he didn't deliver. To be fair he didn't seem to see too much of the ball outside set pieces, sometimes his team mates didn't want to pass to him when he was in good positions with oceans of space but when he did get the ball he either didn't do anything with it or just gave it away to the opposition.

I should have learned my lesson about young France prospects when Nasri and Benzema flopped in Euro 2008

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

France were a sack of e today, Domenech is a complete nutcase. Felt gutted for Uraguay when the substitute got himself sent off, they looked up for the finish until that point. Can't complain about the dismissal though, was a poor challenge. Great goal from the Saffie player as well, although I liked the Mexico goal more because it was the only moment in the day where those stupid kazoo things shut up for a minute.

Anyway, all decked out in my battle colours now and looking forward to us against the yanks. I will be wholeheartedly supporting the Whale because he is a beautiful and underappreciated man and if England get anywhere in the tournament it will all be thanks to him. I wish we could have 11 Heskey's on the pitch, we would destroy Brazil 15-0. But yeah, pretty nervous and excited about tomorrow, I knew before the draw that we'd end up getting the god damn yanks, as long as we trash them I don't mind what happens the rest of the tournament. Just please, let us beat the filthy Americans. Preferably with a Heskey goal, that would be the best thing ever.

Articles

I think I had better post this now to prevent the deluge of "heh soccer sux " posts from dirty Americans tomorrow.

England are a very boring team. The USA are a very boring team. Therefore England v USA will be a very very boring game. Probably not as boring as the most exciting baseball game you've ever seen, but still pretty damn boring.

If you want to see some excitement, Argentina v Nigeria is on beforehand, so give that a watch instead.

looking forward to watching my country play like and struggle against a team they should be easily beating. That's what the opening game of England's world cup is always about, after all. I wouldn't bet against the USA snatching a goal from a defensive cock up, and I wouldn't bet against England finally actually trying to do something worthwhile when there's just 10 minutes left on the clock, after having spent 80 minutes faffing about.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

To me, what English people and media don't seem to recognize too well is that their team isn't actually that good. You go on about how easily you should beat teams yet in reality the level is closer than you imagine because your team doesn't gel awfully well. There is teams streets ahead of England on paper at the moment. That's at least what I think, don't kill me!

Was at the pub last night looking at the France game. Was of such low quality that my eyes had to work to look at the screen. They had a deal on that if France conceded everyone in the place would get a free drink. Damn you Diego Forlan.
    I liked the Mexico goal more because it was the only moment in the day where those stupid kazoo things shut up for a minute.
    haha this has to be the worst World Cup item in history. The whole arena sounds like a giant pack of bee's. My ears were still buzzing after the South Africa game.

Predictions for today:

South Korea 1 Greece 0

Argentina 2 Nigeria 1

England 2 USA 2

Looking foward to a good days worth of soccer.

EDIT: Go South Korea!

EDIT: It deserves to be said; I'm rooting of England tonight too!
    Last edited by Rocket Edge; 06-12-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Str8 Pimpin'

South Korea 1 Greece 0
    Argentina 3 Nigeria 1
    England 2 USA 0

EDIT - GAH. South Korea scored AFTER I typed that! I swear!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I hate those stupid smurfing kazoos, they should be banned from ALL FOOTBALL GAMES EVER! I miss the chanting and singing.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    To me, what English people and media don't seem to recognize too well is that their team isn't actually that good. You go on about how easily you should beat teams yet in reality the level is closer than you imagine because your team doesn't gel awfully well. There is teams streets ahead of England on paper at the moment. That's at least what I think, don't kill me!
    *KILLS*

Nah I think you understood me there. England aren't great, but they should be given the resources availiable and the quality of the Premier League. England's players all perform well in a very good league, so they should be a very good team. But of course in reality, they're not. They're an alright team with a lot of wasted potential imho.

STILL BETTER THAN USA THOUGH smurf YOU YOU CHEESEBURGER EATING FATTY REDNECK YANKS. HOW ABOUT YOU SHOW UP LATE FOR THE GAME LIKE YOU SHOW UP LATE FOR WORLD WARS? sorry you guys are gonna get the brunt of this, as I don't think we have many Slovenians or Algerians for me to abuse.

Also I have taken Greece off the poll after that diabolical performance. I don't know what I was thinking when I put them on there. I guess I am still haunted by memories of Euro 2004. Anyway, if the evil Korea can beat them 2-0, logically the good Korea can beat them 10-0 and they have replaced them on the poll.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Yeah maybe I should have included that. They really do have a lot of wasted potential.

Oh and I literally lol'd at that paragraph about the americans.

Str8 Pimpin'