Thread: Penelo's brothers

Default Penelo's brothers

In the manual of the game it mentions that Penelo had brothers in the Order. Is this ever mentioned in the game? Also, I heard that apparently Matsuno originally planned to have Penelo's brothers in the Resistance, so is this true? Just asking.

Default Not to my knowledge...

just something else that was undone by Matsuno's departure.

Ashe has dead brothers doesn't she?
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Ashe has dead brothers doesn't she?
    I dunno, but I don't think so. I got like 80% of the story done and I hadn't heard that mentioned from what I played.

But I wish that Penelo's brother was in the game because it would have added something interesting to the story and it would have possibly made Penelo more significant.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

I'm sure heard somewhere that Ashe had like 6 brothers or something and they all died in the same war as Rassler. no clue where i got that impression tho, maybe complete bs
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    But I wish that Penelo's brother was in the game because it would have added something interesting to the story and it would have possibly made Penelo more significant.
    It would have given her a reason to care about the resistance and Ashe's journey. Hell, they don't even need to be alive. Just have their being-in-the-order-ness and subsequent deaths have an effect on Penelo's personality. Losing half a dozen siblings has to effect you in some way.

A while back I had an interesting plotbunny regarding Penelo's brothers- what if they had died in Nabudis? It would have given the destruction of Nabudis more weight, and it would have made Reddas a far more interesting characters, since, as it stands, his Judge Zecht-ness seems almost an afterthought.
    Last edited by YTDN; 05-19-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I addressed this slightly in the Penelo baby topic. I recall reading some information before the game was released about Penelo learning how to defend herself by combining her brother's fighting techniques with her dancing techniques.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

Why would you leave something like this out of the game? It could have been one line of dialogue, seriously. I just don't understand why they left the characters so stripped bare.

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Why would you leave something like this out of the game? It could have been one line of dialogue, seriously. I just don't understand why they left the characters so stripped bare.
    Supposedly Matsuno threw a hissy fit and quit half-way through production, meaning the story was only half finished. Hence we have the situation now.

Sorry for bumping, but something else interesting I read- apparently, Vaan and Ashe were supposed to have a more familial relationship, giving him a reason to actually follow her around. Now I'm imagining a situation where Vaan's friends with 'Amalia', not actually knowing she's the princess, and Penelo's got her brothers in the Resistance. Interesting, no?

Hmm Ashe and Vaan? they started off quite close and I think they definately did have a friendship, it just wasn't made glaringly obvious. It would have compromised Ashe's character to make her too buddy buddy with any of them but she did seem to have a link to all three main males, Vaan and Basch especially.
    Remember that well.