Thread: Can I play this game somewhere for free?

Default Can I play this game somewhere for free?

Not pirating... I mean, it's really old, so I figured maybe they just let anyone try it just to get some origins on the series. The first two The Elder Scrolls games are free now. This is Sqaure Enix, though, so I'm not sure just how much they might care.

Any link would be appreciated. I couldn't find one.

Thank you very much in advance.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Good luck.
    The have re-released it like six times in the last decade. SE is determined to milk every last possible cent out off this title.

Not by any legal means, no. And asking for help on such methods could get you banned. Better ask Google instead.

If I recall, there are some websites that allow you to PLAY the games in Flash format, and I do remember being able to play Final Fantasy as well. I can't remember the website though.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Without emulation, you're pretty much out of luck. I can think of 5 modern systems off the top of my head that this game is ported to. They're going to charge you if you wanna play.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> If you dont want to play a rom/emulator then get a NES and the FF1 cart, is not that hard..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Well, NES Systems are expensive surprisingly, at least from what little research and online browsing I've done. I think the cheapest system was 70 dollars, which for an NES is quite high (although worth it).

You CAN however get one of those "knock-off" systems that play NES and Super NES games for about 20 bucks.

As far as FF1, well, look on Ebay or Amazon, or hit up your local game tradding shops, and I'm not talking GameStop because they wont have it. Check out Bookmans if you have any in your area, or indy game collection stores, or even electronic hobby shops. I do imagine though it'll be expensive. It's a wanted collectors item in the video game market.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

An NES copy of FFI in America will cost you 15-20 unless they're screwing you. It's actually really easy to find. I could pick up a few right now if I didn't already own two.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    An NES copy of FFI in America will cost you 15-20 unless they're screwing you. It's actually really easy to find. I could pick up a few right now if I didn't already own two.
    Yeah, if you have a good secondhand store nearby they should have a few copies. That's how I found mine.

Of course, there's always eBay/Amazon/etc, too.

You can get FF1 for your ipod-touch/iphone/ipad for only nine dollars in the itunes app store. I got FF1 and FF2 - both are available. They're most similar to the psp version. 9 bucks each. It's a steal.
    Knock yourselves down.