Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many games, too little time

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm recommending Shin Megami cause the game was really bad ass and kinda destroyed my expectations in JRPGs. Though I would also do Lost Odyssey since it sounds like you're almost finished unless you are planning to start a new file. I have my own mountain of games to get cracking on though...

*goes back to playing Sword of Mana*

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If you're like me, you'll play the ones that are known to be the shortest and have the least replayability first, because that will allow you to actually move on to the next games easier. While FFXIII is long, especially if you want to get all achievements/trophies, it was very much a "Okay, that's that done, I'm probably not going to play that again for years upon years to come." That makes moving on to the next game much easier than, say, a game which you can keep playing for months due to high replayability (Borderlands or Dragon Age).

I enjoyed FFXIII well enough, but I would say Lost Odyssey is the best of the three games you have listed that I've actually played (LO, FFXIII, Dragon Age).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Personally I think you should just burn DE:IW. It's the poster child for what console-ization can do to ruin a game as well as being one of the worst sequels of all time. It's kinda like the Matrix sequels. You're better off being in awestruck wonder of the first without being tainted by the latter.

It's so obviously an incomplete game. It's frustrating to read datacubes referring constantly to elements that were supposed to be in the game but obviously didn't make it (red greasels, etc.) I wish they would've at least cleaned out all of the references to the stuff that could've been awesome but didn't come to pass.

Add on top of this that the game is quite old now and hasn't aged that well really. It's terrible to play a game that sucked from its outset that is now aged. At least fantastic games that aged poorly can be appreciated for their design at the time or for nostalgia.

God this game makes me angry. If you insist on playing it then do it first and get it over with.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've had the same problem for years across multiple platforms ranging from NES to 360 but I've slowly been dwindling it down. I generally start with the earliest console first and then work my way up. After Lufia 2 I'll be done with SNES! There's plenty of times where I'll play a newer game because it just looks awesome and I don't want to wait forever. I recently beat FFXIII and am getting close on Persona 4. I also just beat FFIX again. Every now and then I feel like replaying a game instead of starting a new one.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The KOTOR games are glorious. However I side with BoB here.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Every game has to end at some point. It has a limit.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

On a sidenote, maybe you should stop buying games until you're ready to play them.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That don't make no sense!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But new games keep coming out!

I wouldn't give DX:IW the harsh review Yearg did. If it had been released by itself it would be remembered as a fairly good shooter which did some interesting things. It only seems bad because it is in the shadow of quite literally one of the greatest games ever made.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

New games will always come out. What's the point in buying them all if you're never going to play some of them? You'll never catch up!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I for one feel that I miss far too many games even though I devote a fairly significant chunk of my resources to them

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I lack the time to play my games. But then, I have to balance them with keeping up with the odd TV series, sport and Danielle. And, rather notably, one of the games I play is Football Manager 2010 and that requires so much time it's insane. I think when Civilization V is out Danielle and I will need to book some time off work. xD

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Dragon Age and then the KotOR. You need that so you can play TOR when it comes out! Because you have to play it because it's by bioware, it's star wars and it's an MMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    On a sidenote, maybe you should stop buying games until you're ready to play them. :p
    Well...

I bought Eternal Sonata when it first came out, but I was playing WoW at the time, so I mostly played that. Then something new came out, and it got sidelined. Lost Odyssey was something similar. I think Odin Sphere was sidelined by Persona 3, which was then sidelined by Dead Space and other games.

I bought Vesperia on release, only to realise I had other stuff to do.

I bought Borderlands to play with a friend when my TV broke and I only had a PC, then I got a new TV to play Bayonetta. Which I finished quickly so I could play Mass Effect 2, then rocketed through that and finished it the day before the Bioshock 2 release. I bought Dragon Age and The Witcher when they were on offer to play AT SOME POINT.

I downloaded KOTOR 1/2 on a whim, along with DXIW.

And I bought SMT III because it's so insanely hard to find, and I managed to snag a copy for just £20 so I couldn't say no to it.

Let's not forget I have a DS too! I currently have the new Zelda DS game waiting SINCE CHRISTMAS, SMT Strange Journey on the go and Infinite Space and KH:358/2 Days waiting for me.

So yeah. Lots.

Oh and I'm also playing Aion at the moment too...

EDIT : Just found that backloggery site and considered filling out all the games I have on the go there, except that I realised it would take me a large part of an evening to do so.
    Last edited by Lindy; 05-25-2010 at 06:38 PM.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Compulsive buyer..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..