Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grandmothers hypothesis(spoilers)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Future Esthar will have all of his threads merged together and/or closed if he makes another obscure theory thread, rest assured. He has been warned by theundeadhero earlier in this thread. Let's stay on topic, now.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Who said Fang was Vanilleīs mother?

I was mostly referring to fal'Cie as well. The fal'Cie had to have been the ones who started the fear of Pulse, and if they didn't they sure as didn't do anything to put those fears to rest. Why would they let the hatred of Pulse go on only to admit a Pulse citizen should they come a knocking?
    I think the Purge is very recent.

Guardian XIII,I already explained why itīs never mentioned.
    And Square do this kinds of subtleties.

Oh god make him stop

It's one retarded theory after another, it's getting out of hand.
    Why donīt you try to discuss them and prove me wrong instead of making these comments?
    It would not waste memory space and would reach somewhere.

Fang not only is the ancestor of Claire but also of Galenth.This guy still weared the blue clothes of the Yun clan which was most probably the dominating clan of Oerba.He weared it before Barth killed him.
    Convinced now?

theundeadhero what is the problem of opening a couple of new theory threads when a couple of ancient ones get inactive?
    I donīt open that much each time.They donīt get excessive because I keep the number steady.
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 05-21-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My apologies, I must have misread something. But this part still stands...
    This theory has as much reasoning behind it as suggesting that Vanille is actually Snow's mother with a sex change. While some theories of yours might have some vague reasoning behind them, this one is right out there, I have to say.
    This theory has no basis behind it whatsoever. It also is pretty much impossible. There is a gap of hundreds upon hundreds of years. Also, while S-E might have a history of subtleties (I for one always found things to be pretty obvious, and the only subtleties are things that you yourself have never been able to prove), they always fill you in on the details that are required to lead you to such conclusions. There is absolutely no evidence for this theory whatsoever.

Even if they did have husbands and children, it should be noted that they were crystalised for roughly 500 years or so. That would make them not grandparents, but great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents.

If you read the official short stories you will find no mention of any husbands or children. Given that it goes through what they think about, this would be one of their initial concerns as mothers and wives, but they do not even think about it once. There is no evidence whatsoever for what you are getting at, and unless you establish what it is that you want to say, I feel that this one is so far fetched that it may be worth considering closing. I can understand keeping some of your theory threads open but you have many and this is probably the first one I would get rid of. You have to concede that sometimes the story is as it is read.

Even if they did have husbands and children, it should be noted that they were crystalised for roughly 500 years or so. That would make them not grandparents, but great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents.
    That is what I am saying.
    I started saying they were grandmothers but changed my mind.
    I canīt change the title of this thread though.
    The important is that they are ancestors.

Long time span just strenghten this theory.

Their husbands got to Cocoon before Ragnarok.
    The purge was unecessary by then.

If you read the official short stories you will find no mention of any husbands or children. Given that it goes through what they think about, this would be one of their initial concerns as mothers and wives, but they do not even think about it once.
    Maybe not since so much time have passed and surnames changed and they figured it.It would be like finding a needle on a cornfield.
    They will never find their husbands and sons since they were dead by now.
    They have a better issue to worry about.Their focus.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If the husbands got there before Ragnarok then they must have left their wives before they were crystallised, which seems entirely unlikely given that Vanille was only 19 at the time. It should also be noted that at the time that Vanille and Fang were alive, they lived without cars, if I recall the short story correctly. One can very easily assume that without fal'Cie assistance, there would be no way of reaching Cocoon. It should also mean that, given the hatred that Fang and Vanille harbour for Cocoon, they would not marry to men that did not share that hatred. This would mean that no man would willingly go to Cocoon as they were all brought up in the same knowledge that it is a bad place. It would be insanely unlikely that they would be able to reach Cocoon at all - far less likely than, say, meeting someone who has the same name as a gang that you lead.

To say that they have more important issues to worry about than their own family is completely against what Vanille and Fang are all about. Fang constantly puts Vanille ahead of herself as she is family. She would die for Vanille, and certainly would not achieve her focus if it meant it would damage someone she considers family. It would be incredibly unlikely that anyone who puts so much emphasis on family as Fang and Vanille would ever dismiss their own husbands and children in favour of their focus. Particularly Vanille. If you ever want people to respect your ideas then you will need to be more accepting when you are wrong, and you're digging yourself a very deep hole with how wrong you are regarding this particular idea.

So why werenīt their parents mentioned?Didnīt they respect their parents?

If the husbands got there before Ragnarok then they must have left their wives before they were crystallised, which seems entirely unlikely given that Vanille was only 19 at the time.
    Some cultures enable young marriage.Women can get pregnant at 19.Do note that they were ancestors,not grandmothers.

It would be insanely unlikely that they would be able to reach Cocoon at all - far less likely than, say, meeting someone who has the same name as a gang that you lead.
    Flying Eidolons?I already explained this before.
    Before Ragnarok there was no purge.So a FalīCie would let them enter after researching whether they are a menace or not.

This would mean that no man would willingly go to Cocoon as they were all brought up in the same knowledge that it is a bad place.
    Traitors exist everywhere.Persons who change their mind also.It also explains why the woman would like to forget them.

Regards,
    Big D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    Why donīt you try to discuss them and prove me wrong instead of making these comments?
    It would not waste memory space and would reach somewhere.

Fang not only is the ancestor of Claire but also of Galenth.This guy still weared the blue clothes of the Yun clan which was most probably the dominating clan of Oerba.He weared it before Barth killed him.
    Convinced now?
    Well it's already been subtly pointed out that it was off-topic and not constructive so on that specific point I apologise BUT you have to see from other posters point of view, when looking at the forum all we see is thread after thread of random theories from yourself. It gets tedious, and to be honest it's painful to watch. (You are also, if I may say so, quite arrogant in your belief that these ideas are absolute solid truths and that the other 99% of people are wrong! So it sort of rubs people the wrong way, me at least)

So to get back on topic: problem I have with this theory, as with most of these theories, is that there's no evidence within the game or its accompanying literature and it doesn't make a huge amount of sense. It's a fantasy within a fantasy. It's just something you made up from 2 things that happen to match. Dysley wears blue, so he must be from the Yun clan. Fang and Vanille are old, chronologically speaking, so they must be somehow - by huge coincidence - direct ancestors of the other main characters. Snow's rebellion group has the acronym NORA so somehow Nora Estheim must be his mother. These are HUGE leaps in logic that could give some religions a run for their money!

Sure, I can't disprove it. Nor can I disprove that the planet Mars has a soft caramel centre, but it doesn't stop it from being a pretty random theory whose only basis is a lack of disproof.

Let's make another one up.. Sazh is actually a chocobo, and once ate a fal'cie experimental green that turned him into a man, and the frocobo is his son. Dajh is adopted. He has a chocobo living in his hair, so it must be true. See, I can make random theories up too, prove that one wrong
    Last edited by Cloudane; 05-21-2010 at 05:30 PM.

It would be insanely unlikely that they would be able to reach Cocoon at all - far less likely than, say, meeting someone who has the same name as a gang that you lead.
    Flying Eidolons?I already explained this before.
    Before Ragnarok there was no purge.So a FalīCie would let them enter after researching whether they are a menace or not.
    Noooo, the Purge was instituted because they found something from Pulse. Not because they determined it was a threat. Cocoon and Pulse lived in eternal fear of each other. The Purge was just a recent expression of that. They have been afraid of things from Pulse for ages. That's why, before the Purge starts, Serah is so scared of being a Pulse l'Cie. Because they've been taught since they were babies that Pulse = Evil. They think of Pulse as Hell itself! Nothing from Pulse would be allowed in, even with a Green Card.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Skyblade,the citizens of Cocoon came from Pulse actually.
    Scorted by the FalīCie.
    So at which point would they deny access from the outside?
    After finishing the shell?
    Would they(The FalīCie) not welcome new persons?

It's just something you made up from 2 things that happen to match. Dysley wears blue, so he must be from the Yun clan. Fang and Vanille are old, chronologically speaking, so they must be somehow - by huge coincidence - direct ancestors of the other main characters.
    I completely agree with you on this one.

But the Nora subject was proved beyound doubt.The only thing that stand in the middle is your insistence concerning that being a possible coincidence that Square intends.
    When it is obvious that Square was hinting something here concerning Snow and Noraīs relationship.

Regards,
    Big D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So why werenīt their parents mentioned?Didnīt they respect their parents?
    Because they're orphans. They lost their families to Cocoon fal'Cie (and/or l'Cie). They do, however, mention in the short stories something along the lines of "all our friends, the people we grew up with, are gone". Now that I think about it, I'm fairly certain that they originally chose to be l'Cie when they were on Pulse (Fang with intention of protecting Pulse, Vanille to tag along). If they were to choose to become l'Cie, I doubt they would have children - they would effectively be abandoning their children of mothers at an extremely young age.

Some cultures enable young marriage.Women can get pregnant at 19.Do note that they were ancestors,not grandmothers.
    Ancestors requires them to have had children, though, and it is highly unlikely that they would have married, had children and divorced and watched their children leave and then attacked the place that their children were then in. It doesn't make sense at all. You're not an idiot, so you should understand that.

Traitors exist everywhere.Persons who change their mind also.It also explains why the woman would like to forget them.
    Traitors, yes, but the very idea of someone from Pulse going to Cocoon was abhorred by the people within Cocoon even at the time that Vanille and Oerba were alive. It was 800 years earlier that Cocoon was made, not just a few decades. Fang and Vanille's short story covers this kind of thing, too. The intolerance between the two nations of each other is bred into their very being from the day they are born. This hatred was around hundreds upon hundreds of years before Vanille and Fang were born, and while traitors do exist, they would not have got into Cocoon for fear of disrupting the "agenda" that existed within Cocoon. They simply could not handle a Pulse being entering Cocoon at that time, nor hundreds of years beforehand. It wouldn't happen. It would be bad storytelling.

You are right.
    Thank you for help me refine my theories.
    Two heads think better than one.
    My idea of accessing Cocoon was idiotic

I thought of an alternative.
    Give me your opinion please.

Maybe their family stayed on Pulse after they turned Ragnarok.
    And was later kidnapped by Barth.Secretly.
    I think this makes sense in the context of the war.
    He basically did the same to Fang and Vanille.

They didnīt mention them but they didnīt talked too much about Oerba either.
    More on this later.

Regards,
    Big D

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Who said Fang was Vanilleīs mother?

I was mostly referring to fal'Cie as well. The fal'Cie had to have been the ones who started the fear of Pulse, and if they didn't they sure as didn't do anything to put those fears to rest. Why would they let the hatred of Pulse go on only to admit a Pulse citizen should they come a knocking?
    I think the Purge is very recent.
    I think you misunderstood me. The fear had to be there before the Purge, else the Purge wouldn't have happened. It wasn't like the Sanctum noticed the fal'Cie was there and shouted "OMG there's a Pulse fal'Cie! Hit the fear button!" The people have been told generation after generation that Pulse is the enemy. Don't trust anything from Pulse, everything there can kill you! They even refer to Pulse as Hell. So, again, why would they admit someone from Pulse into Cocoon when they promoted so much hatred towards it?

Guardian XIII,I already explained why itīs never mentioned.
    And Square do this kinds of subtleties.
    You didn't explain anything, you offered your reasons as to why you think that. Never did I see you post any in game references helping your theory.

Convinced now?
    I wore a blue shirt and some blue jeans yesterday, does that mean I'm part of the Yun clan? Are you really saying that anyone who wears blue is a descendant of Fang and her clan?

Edit: Forget this bit, it seems you've ditched these ideas for a new one. Are you just looking for any kind of hidden connection?
    Last edited by G13; 05-21-2010 at 11:04 PM.

I will reveal who is Lightningīs older sister but I am waiting for an answer to post 26 first.
    I can only say she married a Sanctum pilot and was divorced for being evil,specially using their children.
    This will provide more evidence on Disley.
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 05-22-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Regards,
    Big D

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

Im not gonna lie im not going to bother reading this whole thread and i dont know if this has been said yet but uh...
    Vanille is 19 and Fang is 21

Bit young to have been married and birthed a child while fighting their whole lives as Gran Pulse l'cie and stuff I mean Pulse wasnt a happy place back then and it still isnt, so uh I highly doubt anything like that also i think the Lesbian Theory people keep throwing out has more credit to it to be honest i dont mean to be a jerk but hey it happens.

Also I dont think the lesbian is true they are more like sister.... just getting that out of ththe way ok bye.
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

If it isn't downright confirmed in the game or any other offical material then it didn't happen. Besides, what's the point of this theory? How does it add anything to the story? If it is so obvious why wasn't it more clarified? Where are the sources?