Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mm, that (tl - dr)

Post Mm, that (tl - dr)

What's your limit before you hit the ever present "tl; dr."? (For those in a cave, it means too long, didn't read.) A few paragraphs? Two sentences? Nonexistent? Let's face it, sometimes there are walls of text you want to skip or, at the very least, skim. Although I know some people read every word in topics they are interested in.

On a 2nd topic I can't help but shove in, have you ever typed a huge post only to not post it? Not even for tl; dr purposes, but just... because it happens. I for some reason do this a lot. I type and type and then move on. I don't start with that intention, though. I'm weird.

tl; dr: Was this post tl; dr?

Edit: I had no idea you guys filtered that into something else XD Someone might want to change that long ass title.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 05-21-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Your post is probably the limit of my attention span for reading posts on EoFF

(SPOILER)I didn't read all of it

EDIT: lol forums home

there was a picture here

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Unfunny word censor goes wrong.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

jesus christ you forums breaking mothersmurfer.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Anywho, in response to the topic, it depends how interesting and engaging the text is. EoEO is unfortunately both boring and long-winded so I never read many posts in there Summarise your feelings in two-three lines, people!

And for those of you who missed it, take a look at what this asshole did to EoFF:
    Attached Images Attached Images

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Hmmm like a few paragraphs, but it depends on the subject. Sometimes I'm in the mood to read it, sometimes I'm not!

I can't help but find that rape a little funny. Sorry.

What is this thread about?

It's supposed to be about the very first sentence in the very first paragraph in the very first post, but I've had to fix that to make sense.

tl; dr (without the space) was filtered by the forum into this: For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over -

I didn't know that.

That word was in the title, which was too long, and the forum broke because of it. That's why Psychotic is all up in my about this.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 05-21-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can keep up with long posts / topics / articles if the paragraphs are spaced correctly. If everything is thrown together, sentance strung after sentance, I find it difficult to follow. So unless it's on a topic I'm really interested in, I probably won't read much more than a few sentances in if paragraphs aren't used properly.

It's easier on the eyes.

Blog Entries

It depends, really, on the topic. If it's someone explaining their situation and who needs help, fine, I can do that. If it's astrophysics, or something like that, I can read that nonstop. This thread was even fine, because it wasn't just "HEYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS" and such boring dribble over and over. So...really I suppose I can read most anything...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I don't like massive blocks of texts. Some people don't know how to complete a paragraph. If it's longer but multiple paragraphs, i'm more likely to read it. If it's just a wall of text, well sorry I don't care THAT much.

Also yeah, I tend to do that kyle. Write some long ass thing out and then never post it. Sometimes it's just cause after I write it out it's like "eh... doesn't fit that well." or other times I had tabbed to something else before I was done and went back and lost my complete train of thought.

I didn't even read all of that. To be honest, I usually skim around the first post until I get the point, and then reply.
    "We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
    The seasons have changed and so have we.
    There was little we could say, and even less we could do
    To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you."

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depends on the subject mostly, if it's something I care about I'll usually read through everything.