Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the FINAL fantasy...

Default the FINAL fantasy...

I was googling final fantasy as you do and i read that there will be only 21 final fantasies. i think final fantasy has a lot more potential and fans for them to shut up shop with only 21. when do you think it will end? it will be a sad day for us all when that happens.
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Maybe Final Fantasy will go full circle and one day Square will be close to bankrupt and release what they think will be their final game and they'll release a good FF which makes them rich again.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Short answer is that it will continue until it is no longer profitable. At this point the series has changed and evolved so much from it's origins decades ago that I can't see them laying it down when if/when it becomes irrelevant. It continue to change to adapt to the market share. Only thing that will stop the series is when they can't keep the lights on to make the next installment.

I read somewhere in 2003 that SE had a contract to make up to FF15, but I have no idea if that is actually true.

All these rumors about the series ending are unfounded.

It isn't like the games are a continuing story. They are all separate games. There's no reason to stop. These days they make a game, slap FF on it and there you go.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think if they do ever make the last FF game they should call it something like "The Final Fantasy" rather than number it - does that make sense?

Blog Entries

21? What year will that be, 2018 when that comes out? My mind cannot forecast that far into the future.

Anyway, everything ends.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Final Fantasy M will be the final Final Fantasy.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

If they are releasing them every three years as they have been FF21 will be in 2034. So even if it was true I don't think it is something to worry about.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> My bet used to be 20 FF games, but looking at how well these games are selling there`ll probably be more than 20..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

They must keep making FF games until I am too old and senile to play anymore
    Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you...

Currently playing through the main series...
    Playing: FFII
    Completed: FFI

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

They need to start releasing some Final Fantasy games with a new branding, try and ease people into the new one. Because you're not going to attract many new people with a title like "Final Fantasy XXIV", no matter how good your brand recognition is.

Unless of course they shape up and start releasing some amazing games. Then they can feel free to just slap a new number on the end.

Alternatively, they could give the games subtitles and that solves everything.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Yeah it seems to be that all this is rumours and as VeloZer0 pointed out, it will keep going until no longer profitable and with all the advancement in gaphics that looks like its a lonng way off. which is a good thing
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

21 seems like plenty, if you ask me. As people have pointed out, at some point they have to change things quite a bit. The stritcly linear-futuristic-generic-design of FFXIII does not have the staying power for the future. The last great Final Fantasy was X (not including the DS remakes), and it's been a downward spiral from there.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Chri$ View Post
    21 seems like plenty, if you ask me. As people have pointed out, at some point they have to change things quite a bit. The stritcly linear-futuristic-generic-design of FFXIII does not have the staying power for the future. The last great Final Fantasy was X (not including the DS remakes), and it's been a downward spiral from there.
    For a "downward spiral" the games have been extremely profitable. Final Fantasy still rakes in big bucks, it will continue until it doesn't, actually, it will continue a few times after it doesn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri$ View Post
    For a "downward spiral" the games have been extremely profitable. Final Fantasy still rakes in big bucks, it will continue until it doesn't, actually, it will continue a few times after it doesn't.
    By "downward spiral", I meant aesthetically. Profitable? Indeed. People will buy Final Fantasy almost unconditionally, which is unfortunate if you ask me. I think if one of their games flopped big time, they would be forced to return to its roots, to reel back in the hardcore FF gamers. I don't know. Doubt it'll ever happen. I guess I was just so frustrated FFXIII's blah-ness.