Thread: hmm just wondering...

Default hmm just wondering...

I have fang with the venus gospel, Its the best for her as we all agree, and I was wondering...does stagger lock cancel out instant chain? I have done countless battles with this combo, but I've not seen it take effect....or just havent noticed when it has.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They should work together. You've probably just not seen it, because it only has a 0.5% (1/200) chance of working. PS: That's why Cold Blood works well with it, it has a ~8% Chance to instantly stagger the enemy.

To clarify:

- Stagger Lock prevents the character from staggering the enemy. He can still build up the stagger bar and so on, just not do the exact hit that puts the enemy into stagger mode.
    - Instant Chain gives a chance to set the chain to about 95%, so not really instant staggering. That is why it works well with Stagger Lock, cause Stagger Lock does not prevent the character from building up the stagger bar.

- Quick Stagger causes Lightning to instantly put the enemy into stagger mode if the stagger bar is flashing yellow (at about 92%, the bar is instantly set to this if there's a pre-emptive strike). That is why it also works well with Stagger Lock - all 3 chars build up the stagger bar and Lightning staggers the enemy easily.