Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I only own serious games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Maybe it's time for you dabble in a new genre. ... Racing games and fighting games ...

I've also just gotten Nation Red (I believe it's available on Steam as well). It plays like Asteroids, except with the great graphics and ZOMBIES!
    Dead on about the new genre. Unfortunately I've never played a racing game I have liked. Fighting games is a very good suggestion, but the only one I have ever liked is DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi, and that is on loan. Need to get it back.
    Dissidia has a similar kind of fighting system as Tenkaichi (maybe I'm just saying that because of the similar over-the-shoulder camera angle instead of the typical side-on view most other fighting games use). Maybe give that a whirl too. It's very light on story but high on nostalgic value, especially when you're seeing all these familar moves being reanimated into 3D.
    I would recommend either Portal or Mirror's Edge actually.
    Tried Mirror's Edge demo and I didn't like it. I got my free copy of portal the other day but haven't cracked it open.
    Play Portal nowwww!! It's a short game, the main game will last you somewhere between an hour to a few hours depending on how good you are at puzzles, but it's quirky, funny, clever and all-up well-executed. And you'll get some replay value out of the challenges.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Find a Katamari game. Any of them.
    That about sums it up. Everyone's initial reaction to playing this game the first time: "Whoa! I just rolled up a (insert animal here)!"
    Ka-ta-ma-ri do-your-best! Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na ~

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You didn’t respond to my immaculate suggestion.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh, if it's purely a case of wanting to do something quicktime, Flower and Left4Dead both work, not too sure beyond that as I don't play many 'quick' games and even when playing Left4Dead I prefer to have a long session than a short one. Flower is enough to get me through 10-30 minutes and then get bored enough to do something different.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!