Thread: Reminisce your first completion.

Default Reminisce your first completion.

How much do you remember your first completion? Levels, time and place, who was with you?

Since it's been a decade or more for me I can't even remember much. The first time I went into Tyrano forest I died to a Bracosaur and didn't return for three games or so.

I thought Relm was a witch and Strago a King. I'm sure I was over level 50 when I first beat Kefka. I only had 3/4 the members minus notably Mog, Gogo, and Umaro.

But I beat it relatively easily overall.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Blog Entries

First time I got to kefka my level was in the mid 20s because i kept running from random encounters and got my ass handed to me by the first stage of the final boss. Next time I got there I was at about 40. To my memory my party was Shadow to Throw all my most awesome equipment, Relm because I taught her Life 3, Sabin for Bum rush and setzer for Gengi Gloves + Fixed Dice + Doom darts + Offering.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

My levels would've been around 50/60. I had a party consisting of Edgar, Sabin, Terra and Locke, but Edgar fainted during the battle so either Cyan or Setzer stepped up. I slayed him pretty easily with those kinds of levels.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Somewhere around 15 years ago in my mom's living room playing a rom.

Default who remembers...

That was years ago back when the SNES was still in its heyday.

rotfl...

I am replaying it finally with the FF Anthologies version I bought years ago but never played.

The anthologies version consists of 2 discs..one for FFV and the other for VI of course.
    I doubt very many people have it although imo I feel it's better to have the discs than the handheld versions of older games Square seems intend to bring out or have brought out.

Just got Gau..I am a big fan of Gau and his blue magic, which I wish we would see more of in the current games.It was so badly done with Kilmari in FFX and didn't even show up in the recent games and I find that a shame.

I find I am enjoying the game dated graphics notwithstanding because it's a true rpg.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The final battle was really epic. I remember being obscenely overleveled with several characters knowing Ultima; but still took several tries to beat Kefka since I didn't understand the battle system that well/ had poor equipment. After finally beating him, the ending was a real treat.

Blog Entries

I don't remember everything in detail, but I remember that I used Sabin, Terra, Mog and Umaro. I know, a strange combination, but Mog and Umaro was so much fun to use. I remember actually shaking a little bit the first time I finished the game. My entire playthrough was overly emotional; the music, the characters and everything. It moved me deeply.

I was very angry with the Magic Tower.

Edgar fainted. Does that mean you waited till the end before having Terra use magic for the first time?

Not even I can think of everything. It's interesting how we all had different ideas and perspectives on the game. Like how much we cared for saving Cid and others.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYWOLF View Post
    The anthologies version consists of 2 discs..one for FFV and the other for VI of course.
    I doubt very many people have it although imo I feel it's better to have the discs than the handheld versions of older games Square seems intend to bring out or have brought out.

I've still got my FFA discs, too. But I prefer the 'Advance' version of both games. Smoother, better translation - what more could you want? I find the FFA has the slowest, most rickety versions of those games. For an easily frustrated person like myself, the load times make them nearly unplayable.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I killed Kefka in one shot with Gengi Glove/Offering
    /shame

don't look at me....

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My levels were 80 plus and I called everyone from the neighbourhood to have an epic gathering to witness this spectacular moment as I liberate everyone from Kefka!

But the others were not impress cause they complain that Kefka dies too easily and he scares little children with that weird outfit of his.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first completion had an important line cut out of the ending, so I had no idea how Terra lived at the end...

In my very first playthrough, all my characters were around level 60(with the exception of Relm and Gau since I never used them)with all spells learned when I completed the game. It took place one sunny summer afternoon back in '99.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html