Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920243464 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XV Game Thread -- GAME OVER - TOWN WIN! (That's just Peachy!)

I like how everyone says "this is what the mafia would do." "They must have killed strawberry for a reason!" Day 1? No one really kills anyone for a reason on day/night one unless it's a really good reason. Like if you're an annoying smurf. Most times the night kill/lynch is just random. Idiots.

Colors? Really this bull again?

Voting inactives? And your vote is productive how? "Oh this person is inactive so they must be evil! Even though they aren't around to do ." Save your vote please or you're gonna make whatever team you are on screwed. More often than not, if they are inactive they have a role. If their role was more badass they'd be posting more, or making more of an effort to post. So shut the smurf up about it. Anyone else who targets inactives now gets my vote because you're a dumbass who needs to get the smurf out of the game.

UH OH

SOMEONE'S ANGRY AT THE INTER-NET

I always forget that the come in. Gives it extra anger doesn't it?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pomegranate View Post
    What are you trying to say? If she sleeps with Mafia she dies?

##Vote: Green Apple

While I am not 100% Blueberry is innocent, I don't agree with most of the reasoning Lime gave, but Green Apple automatically bandwagoning that vote is more so suspicious to me.
    I don't understand what you're saying. You're leaning toward Blueberry being a bad guy but you don't agree with me? Why not?

And somebody already answered the part about the Town Furry. I'm glad somebody knows something about what the hell that role was. xD

Pear and Orange are really quiet.
    Super duper quiet. Pear "poked" and voted for Raspberry then left on Day 1 and has yet to post at all on Day 2. Orange barely posted at all on Day 1, doing so without voting, and has yet to post at all on Day 2. I believe the only other person we haven't heard from on Day 2 is Red Apple. You guys are being absurdly unhelpful!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mango View Post
    Once,
    There was this kid who,
    Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
    But wheeen he finally came back,
    His, hair,
    Had turned from black into bright white
    He said that it was from when
    The cars had smashed sooooo hard

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
    Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
    Seriously awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Orange View Post
    More often than not, if they are inactive they have a role. If their role was more badass they'd be posting more, or making more of an effort to post. So shut the smurf up about it.
    You must get your ideas from mentally challenged children.

I get the ideas from your dumbass. At least i'm not pointing out the smurfing obvious:

Okay so then my theory of she was killed at night by a Mafia or second party still stands.
    Yes that's what tends to happen at the end of a night phase.

I always forget that the come in. Gives it extra anger doesn't it?
    I thought you were a dick for that yelling post, but you can take a joke so props to you. You're okay with me, Orange.

Although gotta say, telling people not to vote for inactives could well encourage mafia to be inactive just because they now know anyone who votes for them will be ripped into. Probably should've waited for more people to vote for inactives, then whooped their asses rather than warning them in advance. happens though.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Hi, Orange.

So, now we've yet to hear from Pear and Red Apple this day.

Votecount so far, I believe:

Blueberry - (3) Green Apple, Kiwi, Lime
    Green Apple - (1) Pomegranate
    Orange - (1) Watermelon
    Peach - (1) Mango
    Plum - (1) Grape
    Watermelon - (1) Cherry

I get the ideas from your dumbass. At least i'm not pointing out the smurfing obvious:

Okay so then my theory of she was killed at night by a Mafia or second party still stands.
    Oh man you're so clever. Actually there was uncertainty about the furry role and some thought the furry died if it targeted Mafia. Get off your high horse dude.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lime View Post
    What are you trying to say? If she sleeps with Mafia she dies?

##Vote: Green Apple

While I am not 100% Blueberry is innocent, I don't agree with most of the reasoning Lime gave, but Green Apple automatically bandwagoning that vote is more so suspicious to me.
    I don't understand what you're saying. You're leaning toward Blueberry being a bad guy but you don't agree with me? Why not?
    Where out of anything that I've said did you see me say that I'm leaning towards Blueberry being a bad guy? I said I'm not 100% sure he's innocent. That does not mean I think he's a bad guy. Since it's only Day 2 I have very little evidence that anyone alive is 100% good or bad. The only 100% I have is for myself and the characters who have been sent to the farplane. I explain why I don't agree with you in the long post that took me forever to do. Check it out.

That's not what happens at every night phase in every game. By the way, being an asshole is not allowed in this game. Go read the rules.

Assholes make the game fun though.

Well you guys lynched the doctor. So it's not like you really get a lot of protective roles. Even if the role IS right in that it targets a mafia and it dies then that's not what happened because the mafia had to target someone. If they had there would have been two deaths and not just the one. Unless the Hosts are making the kill player specific. In that case, said player could have been roleblocked but I highly doubt it.

SUMMARY:

Doctor is gone though so unless there is another protective role then someone else would have died last night had the STD thing been correct about mafia resulting in strawberries death.

So yeah.... mafia killed them last night MOST LIKELY.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mango View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Peach View Post
    You are a noisy banana.

##Vote: Banana
    YOU KILLED OUR DOCTOR FOR THIS?

I AM SO OUTRAGED THAT I AM TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS

LOOK AT ME GO

WHOA-A-A-A-AOH!

##vote: Peach

ok I think I calmed down somewhat NO WAIT HERE I GO AGAIN smurf YOU PEACH!!!

METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING!!! smurf YOU!!!

seeing as how typing in all caps constitutes shouting on the internet, I am now curious as to see whether or not I will get lynched for being a noisy...whatever fruit I am. Pear or olives or something I dunno.
    I refuse to defend myself against this rubish.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pomegranate
    The only reason for inactivity for the first day normally points towards one thing: not wanting to draw attention to yourself which is only something mafia would have to worry about.
    I don't believe that this is completely accurate. Everyone is just as likely to be Mafia as everyone else, so the fact that a player is staying out of the spotlight isn't really an accurate means of judging their role. A more practical reason to vote inactives is to get rid of the people who aren't helping. In this case, it's much, much more appropriate to instead vote those who are active and saying very little.

This post is less directed at you and more so at the entire group of players. Just something to think about.

The STD's part sounds right, but again her role does not concern me at the moment especially when it's an extremely silly one. We lost a doctor and people are concerned with an STD whoring Furry. Oi vey.
    The postceding argument relies on the fact that Town Furry is in fact town-aligned. Judging by the "Town" in the title, I'm going to assume that it is.

Excuse me? We just lost a cop and an extra kill each night all in one kill! On top of that a doctor, like you said. But, in my opinion, Town Furry is much more powerful than a doctor.

I do not believe that a mafia would be so stupid to draw the attention that Banana has draw in. I do believe Red Apple's joke went entirely over Banana's head. Banana is very defensive, but is right in thinking changing a quote is suspicious. This just isn't the right context for it. I do believe at least one of these fruits: Banana, Watermelon, Cherry, Red Apple, and Plum are sour. It may be incriminating if Watermelon and/or Red Apple is revealed to be bad so they could try to defend that fruit by trying to redirect attention to another player.
    And Mafia will frequently rely on the fact that people feel such as you do in order to move in the open without being noticed. I've seen it happen many times. Because Mafioso understand that people will think that the people in the spotlight are drawing too much attention - staying in the spotlight is exactly what most think is top priority for a Mafioso - they think that they can hide easily by sitting in said spotlight. Again, activity is not an accurate basis for judgment, unless of course the inactive in question is hurting the town too much. It's extremely unlikely that an inactive will be Mafia though. Generally speaking, players with Mafioso accounts will have more fun with the game, so they won't be able to force themselves to be inactive for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Grape
    I saw voting on an inactive as something a mafia member would do.
    Although you consede that you are wrong, I'm going to emphasize my opinion for a moment. I disagree with this whole-heartedly. If the Mafia want to win this game (with sixteen players, I figure that we have three or four Mafia, unless we have a third party, which is very possible), they're going to make a vote that matters during the day. Inactives hinder the town to an enormous extent, and those hindrences aid the Mafia. Mafia aren't going to vote seriously on an inactive at any time during a game unless it's faining townsperson. However, faining town is much lower on a Mafia's priorities than is killing town, so this happens extremely infrequently, and then mostly with noob Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Watermelon
    Actually, I'm very concerned if this role carries an STD and could possibly kill if used. The question I would ask is, did Strawberry sleep with someone last night? And if so, who?
    This is absolutely inconsequential now that the role is gone. That's exactly what I'm saying. If the role was town-aligned, we just lost an amazing (albeit slightly risky) power role.

Okay, enough for theory. Let's get some relevant thoughts going.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cherry View Post
    On the defensive immediately, thats what I like too see! The silly day one voting stick isn't gonna wash I'm afraid. I find it weird that 3 players would display a similar voting pattern day one ie lets vote the inactive players. I know from previous mafia outings there is usually a mafia amongst the inactive players & to draw attention away from that, other mafia vote for them day 1 & from day 2 onwards dismiss their actions as merely day 1 randomness.
    This is what I'm talking about! This isn't helping at all, Cherry. You're being patronizing and just arguing, not discussing. If Watermelon isn't Mafia, then you're condemning an innocent man. Everyone is defensive in Mafia. If you don't defend yourself, you get killed. YOU GET KILLED. So defensiveness is not solely suspicious. It must be paired with other things first. Now, if you had instead voted someone else, say, Pomegranate (just a random role here), and then Watermelon jumped to Pomegranate's defense, it'd be suspicious. Sorry for the reference there, Pomegranate. Nothing personal :3

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cherry View Post
    Why did I pick you over the other 2 who exhibited this voting pattern? Well is closing my eyes & picking one at random a good enough reason
    No, it really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lemon View Post
    There is also the problem of time zones, which is why I hate voting for inactives straight away.
    I agree with this in its entirety.

I'm gonna lay it out. We need less arguing and more discussion. I didn't like all of that pointless junk with Banana on Day 1, which is why I voted him. We weren't unjustified in voting him; we can only vote based on what we know, and we know very little on Day 1. Also, we've had some mix-ups because of jokes and whatnot. Jokes are cool. It's okay to drop them, along with some sarcasm, every once in a while, but words are all that we have to go off of in this game, so keep the jokes and sarcasm to a minimum and it'll help the Town A LOT. Honestly, most of the arguing so far has been based off of such jokes. Without the jokes, we would be somewhere more productive right now. Heck, we might even have our Doctor right now.

And now onto my personal opinions. I know that it's early in the game, but I'm gonna go for it anyway. I'll just list all of them that are relevant.
    [M] Orange - You need to chill out. This is a game. You are taking it too seriously. Colours matter. They really do. Being gone for so long will draw attention. Being gone for so long and then coming back so violently will draw even more attention. I'm not talking about good attention.

[M] Peach - That's me!

[M] Watermelon - Your excuse for voting Red Apple is absolutely meaningless. You can't just vote for someone randomly because you don't remember them posting much, after which you say openly that you understood at the time that Red Apple didn't "deserved" the vote. Just because it's all cleared up now doesn't mean that it's "all good." This isn't the most scummy thing that's happened yet, but it is in fact scummy.

[M] Raspberry - You haven't said much so far, but what you have said has been rooted in logic, and I like that. You're not arguing pointlessly with people.

[M] Blueberry - I think that the majority of votes against you has to do with the fact that you jumped on Banana so early. I don't agree with this at all. I'm not saying that you're scummy. I'm not saying that you're innocent. I'm just saying that I don't agree with the general concensus against you.

[M] Pomegranate - I don't agree with a lot of your logic, but you don't seem overly scummy to me. I have to stress though that colours do matter.

[M] Kiwi - I agree with Raspberry's idea. I even think that you are more suspicious than Blueberry. I believe that, if you flip scum, Kiwi, Blueberry is definitely Mafia.

[M] Plum - You seem level-headed. As of right now, I don't see you as scummy at all.

[M] Mango - You have added absolutely nothing to the discussion yet. You're distracting the town, and that is a horribly scummy thing to do. Tell us something that matters.

I'll address other players later. I have some things to get done before dinner.

Okay seeing as everyone is getting a little bit heated I am going to change the tone a bit. Come on guys, this is supposed to be fun! No need for vulgar words like "asshole" and "dumbass" and "rusty trombone".

But yes, if you are having trouble trying to decide who is evil or not, I'll divulge my methods for determining my fellow townsman's worth and you can apply it for yourselves. It's a really simple concept actually.

Do you know Um Bongo? They drink it in the Congo. Like seriously, I'm not ting you, there's a cartoon rhino and a song and everything. Check it out:

YouTube - Um Bongo!

In case you couldn't quite catch the words, allow me to serenade you again.

Way down deep in the middle of the Congo,
    A hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango.
    He stuck it with the others, and he danced a dainty tango.
    The rhino said, "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo"
    Um Bongo, Um Bongo, They drink it in the Congo.
    The python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin.
    The parrot painted packets, that the whole caboodle landed in.
    So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle,
    They all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo!

See? They drink that in the Congo. Now lets have a look at which fruits they use. Obviously, they like Mango. We're awesome. They also endorse Mandarin's in the congo, which is basically the same thing as an Orange. An Apricot is pretty much just a yellow plum, so he's cool too. As for guava, that is just a fancy way of saying Pomegranite anyway.

So you see, anything that the Congolese see fit to add to their tasty fruit beverage must be above board, there is no way they would use mafia fruits to hydrate their little ones! So I think it is safe to assume that any of us fruits that they drink in the Congo are all the good guys.

So there you have it folks. Believe in the good people of the Congo, don't vote for Um Bongo.