Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 313171819202122232425262728293343 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XV Game Thread -- GAME OVER - TOWN WIN! (That's just Peachy!)

Damn.
    So shall we squabble over what the point of that role was, or something else today?
    xD

Personally I'd like to complain about someone opening the thread just before I go to bed *shakes fist*

I'll throw out some thoughts in my next post and then hit the hay, unless someone wants to respond and keep me up of course.

i'm fairly certain of what a gynecologist does, i'm just curious as to if she could cure aids

I've had a quick trawl through of those that seem odd to me, but the only think I've picked up on as a little is Cherry's earlier comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cherry View Post
    I have to agree with the pretty little Raspberry. Watermelon, Green Apple & Blueberry voted for inactives first before my dear Strawberry did. Thus casting doubt on all 3 given that Strawberry is now dead. Although they may have voted for different players they are exhibiting classic mafia voting. So if I'm gonna pick one who seem most like to be scum I have to say..........

##Vote: Watermelon
    This is not what I was saying!
    I was saying that it's ridiculous to base your voting off people who voted for inactives, sure you could say it's a mafia tactic, but both town (Strawb for example) and mafia (Blueberry) do it, especially on day one.

I can understand why you think those people could be sus, but I'm not sure how you could logically conclude that the other three were suspicious because Strawberry died, please explain how that makes sense xD

Hmmm, it appears there's nothing else jumping out at me tonight, so I'm going to sleep now and be back on tomorrow at work if I can xD

Okay, I suppose the first and simplest assumption we can all begin to work with is that since Watermelon had his head on the chopping block, and only his changed vote saw Blueberry ousted, it wouldn't be out of line to therefore assume that there is at least one other mafia in the ranks of those who voted for Watermelon.

Off the back of what I was seeing in Day 2 proceedings, I think Cherry has the most to answer for. The vote for Watermelon by Cherry was laid on fairly shaky grounds;
    Sorry again for my inactivity I'm a busy little Cherry

I have to agree with the pretty little Raspberry. Watermelon, Green Apple & Blueberry voted for inactives first before my dear Strawberry did. Thus casting doubt on all 3 given that Strawberry is now dead. Although they may have voted for different players they are exhibiting classic mafia voting. So if I'm gonna pick one who seem most like to be scum I have to say..........

##Vote: Watermelon
    That vote could've gone to anyone of the three, so why Watermelon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry
    Why did I pick you over the other 2 who exhibited this voting pattern? Well is closing my eyes & picking one at random a good enough reason
    My thinking is that Watermelon's defense of his vote for an inactive in Day 1 provided an opening to the mafia to begin targeting him and buttering all of us up to believe that Watermelon was acting suspiciously. They wanted us to think that posting in defense of your own actions was suspicious activity. It would've worked too, had all the pre-existing doubt over Blueberry not existed and Watermelon's vote change not come in.

You may think that if Cherry was really going to put Watermelon in the spotlight, it'd be with words stronger than "is closing my eyes & picking one at random a good enough reason?" but this is how the mafia play their game. They try not to get too involved in the actual to-ing and fro-ing, but stand back and throw light punches until other people begin to believe their lies. Not only that, but when Cherry said this, Fruit Basket had just come in, moments before, announcing an extension of the day by 12 hours. Hmm.

Peach had this to say about it when Watermelon posed the question to Cherry "why me?";
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach
    On the defensive immediately, thats what I like too see! The silly day one voting stick isn't gonna wash I'm afraid. I find it weird that 3 players would display a similar voting pattern day one ie lets vote the inactive players. I know from previous mafia outings there is usually a mafia amongst the inactive players & to draw attention away from that, other mafia vote for them day 1 & from day 2 onwards dismiss their actions as merely day 1 randomness.
    This is what I'm talking about! This isn't helping at all, Cherry. You're being patronizing and just arguing, not discussing. If Watermelon isn't Mafia, then you're condemning an innocent man.
    Exactly. Not getting involved, but yet managing to garner 3 votes against Watermelon (one of which is confirmed mafia). Almost enough to have finished him off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry
    I find it kinda strange that the pretty little Blueberry hasn't said anything given he/she is on the chopping block, but I'd say its a time zone thing rather than anything sinister.
    How would Cherry know what time zone Blueberry is in? It's not hard evidence by any means, so why does Cherry exonerate Blueberry of suspicion so quickly? Obviously because they're one and same.

It's early, I know. But frankly, I think I've seen enough.

##Vote: Cherry

Thank you for finding more stuff on Cherry there, Mr. Smith, you've given me motivation to look further.
    I didn't find much, but I noticed another little thing that was a bit off:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Watermelon View Post
    Oh yeah. Very predictable, like something a Mafia would do, hm?? I'm defending my pride and honor as a watermelon! All you have against me is what I have said or being defensive, yet I'm not responsible for Banana's lynching or the death of Strawberry.
    Yeah but you didn't try to stop either now did you? As I've seen from previous games it's those who distance themselves most when the town messes up that are scum. Your just picking a spot on the compost heap right now darling
    Attacking Watermelon for not trying to stop the death of Strawberry and Banana. What could Watermelon do to stop the death of Strawberry? xD

With that said (but mainly what I said in my last post), I'm gonna throw a vote on you, it's not permanent by any means, I just want you to take this seriously and answer my questions

##Vote: Cherry

I should be able to get on at work tomorrow, see what's happening and reevaluate my vote.

day 1 voting results obselets have been striken

Final Vote Count
    [M] Banana (3) - [M] Peach, [M] Cherry, [M] Strawberry
    [M] Watermelon (2) - [M] Plum, [M] Red Apple
    [M] Red Apple (2) - [M] Watermelon, [M] Banana
    [M] Strawberry (2) - [M] Grape, [M] Mango
    [M] Blueberry (2) - [M] Lime, [M] Green Apple
    [M] Raspberry (1) - [M] Pear
    [M] Mango (1) - [M] Kiwi, [strike][M]Strawberry[/strike]
    [M] Orange (1) - [M] Blueberry
    [M] Grape (0) - [M] [strike]Banana[/strike]
    [M] Cherry (0) - [M] [strike]Green Apple[/strike]
    [M] Kiwi (0) - [M][strike] Mango[/strike]

day 2 voting results

Final Vote Count
    [M] Blueberry (4) - [M] Kiwi, [M] Lime, [M] Green Apple, [M] Watermelon
    [M] Watermelon (3) - [M] Cherry, [strike][M] Pomegranate[/strike], [M] Red Apple, [M] Blueberry
    [M] Green Apple (1) - [strike][M] Pomegranate[/strike], [M] Pomegranate
    [M] Peach (1) - [M] Mango
    [M] Mango (1) - [M] Plum
    [M] Plum (0) - [M] [strike]Grape[/strike]
    [M] Orange (0) - [M] [strike]Watermelon[/strike]

day 1 voting

[b][M] Blueberry (2) - [M] Lime, [M] Green Apple
    [M] Banana (3) - [M] Peach, [M] Cherry, [M] Strawberry[b]

i have boldened what I would like to bring your attention to as it may or may not hold
    any value at all.

-peach
    -cherry

both not a fraid to get there hands dirty, alot of suspicioun is drawn to people who
    have innocent people killed, especially early in the game. Later when you have some
    convoluted judgement basis it's easy to pass it off as "someone is acting suspicious"

It is my initial assesment these 2 individuals are not mafia

-Lime
    -Green apple

2 people found blueberries statements suspicious from day one, or were they just not
    sure whom to vote on? having fingered a mafia from day one these two are very unlikely
    to be mafia themselves, or perhaps one of them is and figured this assessment would be
    coming? I'm hoping the evil mastermind hadn't come out yet in day 1 so I'm putting my
    seal of "unlikely" who votes on a teamate from the get go? not a very good one.

I also had strawberry as an unlikely but that is of little concern now.

Side bar of slightly suspicious [m]strawberry was killed slightly after they changed
    their vote from [m]mango perhaps it was so they wouldn't come back once banana was dead?
    or merely coincidense? you decided

Now I would be more willing to rule [m] orange out of being mafia, if he had at least one
    more vote, who votes on teamates right? but since blue was his only vote he remains
    somewhat suspicious (allow me to eleborate further because after reading this I'm not sure
    I made my point) if [m] orange were mafia and already had one vote, I don't believe [m]blueberry
    would have voted on them, since there were no other votes this goes as undecided)

day 2 voting

-watermelon
    I cannot determine anything based on your vote because you did it out of a strong sense
    of self preservations, mafia or not your vote tells me nothing, well accept that you
    voted on the same guy blueberry did last round, who still only has one vote.. mildly suspicious

unrelated to voting

-lemon
    -pear
    [strike]-ras[/strike] (he has been more active since I wrote this originally)

these three get the not very active award, it comes with mild suspicion

List of Players
    [M] Red Apple -
    [M] Orange - cranky about inactives, got one vote 2 rounds in a row
    [M] Green Apple - unlikely, fingered mafia
    [M] Lemon - becoming much more suspicious for not voting 2 rounds in a row.. kind of looks too inocent
    [M] Lime - unlikely, fingered mafia
    [M] Grape -
    [M] Peach - deductive logic or mafia-mastermind? tbd
    [M] Watermelon - very verbose, unlikely to live much longer extremely defensive, lurker?
    [M] Cherry -
    [M] Raspberry -
    [M] Banana - Doctor Slipped on a human peel Day One
    [M] Pear - ??? what do we know about pear? nothing at all, very suspicious
    [M] Blueberry - mafia, tried to hide amongst the sheep and innocents
    [M] Strawberry - Town Furry Night killed Night One
    [M] Pomegranate - poor pom, had him as mildly suspicious for swing voting
    [M] Kiwi -
    [M] Plum - heated debates with mango, lets temper take over more to come...
    [M] Mango - kind of annoying, suicidal towny trying to get lynched? or hiding in as much
    attention as possible? I'm leaning towards suicidal towny

Now I've taken a little time to break down one of the longer posts by [m]peach it is very interesting indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Peach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pomegranate
    I do not believe that a mafia would be so stupid to draw the attention that Banana has draw in. I do believe Red Apple's joke went entirely over Banana's head. Banana is very defensive, but is right in thinking changing a quote is suspicious. This just isn't the right context for it. I do believe at least one of these fruits: Banana, Watermelon, Cherry, Red Apple, and Plum are sour. It may be incriminating if Watermelon and/or Red Apple is revealed to be bad so they could try to defend that fruit by trying to redirect attention to another player.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Peach View Post

And Mafia will frequently rely on the fact that people feel such as you do in order to move in the open without being noticed.

*snip* - staying in the spotlight is exactly what most think is top priority for a Mafioso - they think that they can hide easily by sitting in said spotlight.

*snip* players with Mafioso accounts will have more fun with the game, so they won't be able to force themselves to be inactive for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Green Apple View Post
    Sounds like something a mafia would say to disguise himself amongst the masses!

mr peach you seem very intelligent, possibly enough so that you could be talking about yourself with full confidence your mind games go unnoticed, i'm not fingering you as mafia but I do have my eyes on you as you go from not suspicious category, to the somewhat category. Not being intelligent is not a crime in the least, it is the most valuable thing we have in this game, keep it up with your assesments I look forward to reading more

lol

you said fingering.

note that is me using green apples statement to blueberry as a refference to peach's comment, not green apple saying that about peach

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Plum View Post
    you said fingering.
    if our lives realy on this... we're screwed:freak:

I find the concept of digital penetration highly amusing. Highly amusing.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[M] Cherry (2) - [M] Raspberry, [M] Green Apple

21 1/2 hours left.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Green Apple View Post
    Okay, I suppose the first and simplest assumption we can all begin to work with is that since Watermelon had his head on the chopping block, and only his changed vote saw Blueberry ousted, it wouldn't be out of line to therefore assume that there is at least one other mafia in the ranks of those who voted for Watermelon.
    Just a little perspective at the time of cherries initial vote the vote count was

blueberry (1)
    plum (1)

it is true that 2 other people had voted for her the previous round, so cherry could have concluded there would be a total of 3 this round, but i'm not convinced cherry was thinking this far ahead