Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 414181920212223242526272829303444 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XV Game Thread -- GAME OVER - TOWN WIN! (That's just Peachy!)

that first her I mean blueberry

aww crap I cut the quote off too early... are you sure there is no editing posts?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Green Apple View Post
    Okay, I suppose the first and simplest assumption we can all begin to work with is that since Watermelon had his head on the chopping block, and only his changed vote saw Blueberry ousted, it wouldn't be out of line to therefore assume that there is at least one other mafia in the ranks of those who voted for Watermelon.

Off the back of what I was seeing in Day 2 proceedings, I think Cherry has the most to answer for. The vote for Watermelon by Cherry was laid on fairly shaky grounds;
    Just a little perspective at the time of cherries initial vote the vote count was

blueberry (1)
    plum (1)

it is true that 2 other people had voted for blueberry the previous round, so cherry could have concluded there would be a total of 3 this round, but i'm not convinced cherry was thinking this far ahead

[M] Mango - kind of annoying, suicidal towny trying to get lynched? or hiding in as much
    attention as possible? I'm leaning towards suicidal towny
    Kiwiiiiiiii, oooooooooooooooh. I don't wanna die. Sometimes wish I'd never been born at all!

##vote: Peach

For the reasons stated yesterday. You can carry on ignoring me and I can carry on voting for you. Come on. It'll be fun! One day the rest of the town will wake up to what a horrible monster you are.

Still not entirely convinced of Watermelon's innocence. Consider the idea that both he and Blueberry were mafia. They were both in trouble, so it would make sense for a mafia in that position (perhaps one with an ability like Godfather, roleblocker, whatever) to sell the goon down the river to save themselves and make themselves look good.

Also something about raspberry's posts today are setting off warning bells in my head.

Tries the ol' hit-and-run tactic. "I'm going to bed/work/a Hannah Montana Concert" and repeatedly says this over the course of an hour. That one always makes me wonder. I know sometimes people say it and mean it, but it is also often used by mafia as an excuse not to post. Anyway, our berry puts out some feelers on Cherry, and then when Green Apple votes for him, Rapsberry (who still hasn't gone to sleep like he insisted he was about to!) immediately shows up to weigh in with a vote of his own.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I went back through and looked through posts from and concerning Blueberry and Pomegranate from Day 2. I haven't read Day 3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Plum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kiwi View Post
    I do have a mild theory that may be whole-ly baseless we shall see how it pans out, as for right now we have blueberry who cast the most doubt onto banana and then voted on what I see as a random person, who was not banana, someone they knew wouldn't get killed because they were the only person voting on them. Seems pretty innocent to me... too inocent for casting so much doubt

##vote: blueberry
    I agree to this. Even when I dismiss all the first day banter as..well.. first day banter, I'm still thinking Blueberry is fishy.
    That's not to say you other fruits haven't been getting the sniff.

##Vote: Blueberry

I AM SERIOUSLY GOING TO BED NOW.
    What a nice coincidence! 'I agree with you, this person is fishy because I feel so and you said so, everybody else is just as fishy, vote and bye.'

First off your hit and run vote puts Blueberry up to three votes, which would not be questionable if you had actually given a justifiable reason you had thought up, or at least an extension on the aforementioned reason. The good old 'I have to go now' tops it off really.
    Green Apple did give a reason for voting Blueberry; they agreed with my thoughts on Blueberry. Plum, you appear to jump to the defense of Blueberry after they amass 3 votes pretty adamantly and then ice the cake by accusing Green Apple of voting for them without reason. I'll also point out that Pomegranate was also faily defensive of Blueberry so perhaps this isn't that weird. However, it makes it more probable that you have a reason for the defense since Pomegranate obviously didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Peach View Post
    [M] Blueberry - I think that the majority of votes against you has to do with the fact that you jumped on Banana so early. I don't agree with this at all. I'm not saying that you're scummy. I'm not saying that you're innocent. I'm just saying that I don't agree with the general concensus against you.
    You're right about the Blueberry jumping on Banana thing but what made him stand out to me was that he pointed at Banana to get the focus there, then voted for someone else in what appeared to me as a confusion tactic. It just didn't make sense. I'm bringing this up because you, also, put up a semi-defense for Blueberry and sort of pointed out the, "Eh, maybe... maybe not," possibility. Everyone is a Maybe/Maybe Not. No real point in saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pomegranate View Post
    It is and it's clear to me that the only way this early on to try make sense of what happened yesterday and weed out who was really defending who is to lynch one of the people who were on the chopping block with Banana that contributed the least, acted the most suspicious, and gave the poorest reasoning.

##Unvote: Green Apple
    ##Vote: Watermelon
    The people close to being lynched on Day 1 were Blueberry, Red Apple, Strawberry, and Watermelon (excluding Banana). At this point, I disagree with what Pomegranate said since lynching to get more information is a risky business without people claiming and accusations flying. Either way, going by Pomegranate's logic, Blueberry flipped Mafia so I'd think that he was the missing link Pomegranate was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Red Apple View Post
    Thinking over Green Apple's post from way earlier, I was starting to think Blueberry could be a rotten fruit but they haven't posted much for me to commit to a vote for them. Oh, and Lime, I mentioned Orange earlier because Blueberry voted for them and I was speculating that Green Apple could be pointing the finger at Blueberry to keep them away from Orange, but I realize now that was foolish of me because, as far as I can remember, Orange only had that one vote.
    I'll have to put you in the same boat as Peach and Plum for putting up albeit a small defense for Blueberry.

Looking at the votes for Day 1, I also see something beneficial for you and Watermelon, however. You both were on the "chopping block" and voted for each other. If either of you were baddies, it would've been very easy for either of you to switch and make things look much safer for one of you. Also, having more than one bad guy close to dying that early seems unlikely (referring to Blueberry being the other close one) and it would have spurred a change in votes from one of you, I would think. But you both stuck it out and I think that takes balls.

Okay, reading onto Day 3 now.

Cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cherry View Post
    This little old cherry is a little late to the party! But better late then never I always say I'm sorry to here Green Apple thinks little old me is a mafioso but I suppose silence is suspicious in this game.

I don't see anything wrong with Watermelon or Red Apple aside from typical day 1 sorta stuff!

Banana seems to be making most noise at the moment so I reckon he/she is mafia at least for the moment

##vote: [M] Banana
    Right. Exactly why would a Mafia be making noise? Seems like a bizarre reason to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Blueberry View Post
    Wow, I still have time to vote~

Sorry was busy shopping all day~

As to save my own skin and throw us into a tie, I'll vote for Watermelon, nothing personal, but it is the quickest solution I have at the moment~

##Vote: [M] Watermelon

EDIT: Watermelon, it is nothing personal but 13 minutes is not enough time for me to read all these pages and come up with anything, so it is a stall tactic~
    Blueberry votes for Watermelon to save his Mafia skin.

Oh dear shiny Green Apple I'd like to point out my vote for Watermelon isn't quite as random as you make it out too be.

As I said earlier I voted for him as 1 out of 3 suspects of inactive player voters. Since then Watermelon has exhibited strange behavior lurking & not offering up anything that helps the town weed out the mafia. His denial of being scum hasn't been at all convincing either, the evidence is in the thread. My day 2 vote is staying with Watermelon!
    However for the duration of day two Cherry is trying to take Watermelon down on the basis that 'he was inactive and acted strangely.' I only picked one quote out but it seems to me like cherry tried to set Watermelon up for the lynch on day two to possibly save his Mafia buddy. There needed to be somebody to match Blueberry's votes so why not a player who you don't need a long winded reason to vote for?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[M] Cherry (2) - [M] Raspberry, [M] Green Apple
    [M] Kiwi (1) - [M] Mango

17 1/2 hours left.

I didn't vote for Kiwi.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Okay, I suppose the first and simplest assumption we can all begin to work with is that since Watermelon had his head on the chopping block, and only his changed vote saw Blueberry ousted, it wouldn't be out of line to therefore assume that there is at least one other mafia in the ranks of those who voted for Watermelon.
    I agree with your train of thought but I don't think using an 'almost lynched' player for that would be the most productive. However, going back to Banana, that line of thought would refer to Cherry and Peach since they both voted for him (excluding Strawberry since she was Town). I think it's likely that one of them is a bad guy for this reason.

Peach had this to say about it when Watermelon posed the question to Cherry "why me?";
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach
    On the defensive immediately, thats what I like too see! The silly day one voting stick isn't gonna wash I'm afraid. I find it weird that 3 players would display a similar voting pattern day one ie lets vote the inactive players. I know from previous mafia outings there is usually a mafia amongst the inactive players & to draw attention away from that, other mafia vote for them day 1 & from day 2 onwards dismiss their actions as merely day 1 randomness.
    This is what I'm talking about! This isn't helping at all, Cherry. You're being patronizing and just arguing, not discussing. If Watermelon isn't Mafia, then you're condemning an innocent man.
    Exactly. Not getting involved, but yet managing to garner 3 votes against Watermelon (one of which is confirmed mafia). Almost enough to have finished him off.
    I'm going to agree again. It sounds like the same thing Blueberry did on Day 1 with the, "Hey, I don't like this guy but I'm not going to commit to anything serious."

No vote on Day 2 from Grape, Lemon, Orange, Peach, Pear, and Raspberry. WTF guys. Way too many people not doing anything. Jump in here and get crunk already.

I don't like Peach or Cherry. I'll vote for Peach to keep the count even for now.

## Vote: Peach

Votecount up to now:

Cherry - (2) Green Apple, Raspberry
    Peach - (2) Lime, Mango

Pretty sure Mango voted for Peach, not Kiwi, Fruit Basket.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Fruit Basket View Post

[M] Kiwi (1) - [M] Mango

17 1/2 hours left.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mango View Post
    I didn't vote for Kiwi.

damn, fruit baskets got it in for me

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mango View Post
    It's relevant because not even the mafia would know it.

How can you say this. Everyone does something suspicious, town or not.

Because townies accusing other townies doesn't happen.
    You're missing the point completely. It doesn't matter if whatever he was doing looked suspicious or not, it wasn't because he was not mafia. In fact, he was one of the Townies most important players. Whether the mafia knew he was a doctor or not makes absolutely no difference, they would have known he was a Townie and he was leaving himself open to be gotten rid of easily, it's a simple choice to make.
    You're missing my point. It does matter if Banana was doing things that others found suspicious, and they don't stop suspicious just because he was town-aligned.

Ugh, sorry, everyone. I just haven't been too arsed about Mafia when Doom 2 is out on XBLA now

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lime View Post
    I agree with your train of thought but I don't think using an 'almost lynched' player for that would be the most productive. However, going back to Banana, that line of thought would refer to Cherry and Peach since they both voted for him (excluding Strawberry since she was Town). I think it's likely that one of them is a bad guy for this reason.
    Perhaps I'm just a bit braindead at the moment, but could I get you (or someone else) to clarify why it's not a productive train of thought? Blueberry is proven mafia, so unless there's a mafia-voting-for-each-other-to-trick-town ploy in the mix, it logically follows that the next person up was the intended prey for the day.

In any case, we appear to have reach the same destination with our theories via different proofs (me; exploitation of Watermelon, you; the Banana gangbang), so I suppose the evidence is all adding up against Cherry (and Peach)!

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[M] Peach (2) - [M] Mango, [M] Lime

14 1/2 hours left.