• Yes - FFXIII was a good game.

47 78.33%
  • No - FFXIII was a bad game.

13 21.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The poll to end all polls.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

^ FFI has a 'storyline' insofar in that it strings everything loosely together for the purpose of a coherent adventure. Really, it's more of a vague plot than anything, and one step above non-existent. XIII's story is... well, more elaborate. Comparing it to FFI's story 1:1 is really rather silly, considering one is an HD game and the other is one of the first 8-bit NES RPGs.

As far as individual games go, FFI, I contend, is the better game. Just for 'story' reasons, I'd go with cute little FFI rather than sit through XIII's monstrosity masquerading as a plot a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    Donīt go tell me now that ffXIII is worst than FFI or FFII.
    Has FFI a storyline?Where?.FFXIII storyline makes me like it more than FFI despite not having towns or open places.
    And this is saying much considering I like time travel storylines.
    FFXIII is worse than I or II. I and II are fun games that work correctly, XIII is just a mess. XIII has a bit more of a story than those games, but the story isn't well told. I honestly prefer the graphics of I and II as well.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

If this poll actually ends all polls I’ll eat my hat

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    FFXIII is the worst game I've ever played, and that is no exaggeration.
    You haven't played many games, have you?

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

FFI and FFIIīs graphics better than XIII? Impossible.FFXIII is realistic.

I did go with FFI if it wasnīt so difficult.

FFII is the worst anyway.Worst than FFX-2 ever.
    Didnīt really like the game.The story is a little more elaborated and bigger than I but itīs quality is worst.
    It is repetitive and donīt have a definite goal.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

story is a little more elaborated and bigger than I but itīs quality is worst. It is repetitive and donīt have a definite goal.
    You're taking down an evil empire, simple as that. How is that not definite?

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

I was referring to me main villain here.
    He want to conquer the world but donīt have a definite plan.He tries everything he has at hand.This makes the story go indefinite.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

FFI and FFIIīs graphics better than XIII? Impossible.FFXIII is realistic.
    To me, FFI's graphics are more pleasing than XIII's. I would rather look at nes graphics than FFXIII's modern graphics where everyone's arms and legs look like tubes and everyone's skin looks shiny and oily. Everything in XIII is way too shiny. No world is that shiny.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

So you prefer 8 bit graphics than realistic 3d ones?I respect you but found that unusual.

Regards,
    Big D

I think the point he was making was that today's graphics are over the top and detract from the realism? That the older games allowed you to accept the world easier... not that today's graphics are worse or anything...

I am not sure I totally agree but there is some truth to it with the over the top nature part.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

So you prefer 8 bit graphics than realistic 3d ones?I respect you but found that unusual.
    I don't find it that outlandish. I'm the same way. It is kind of the difference between reading a book and watching a movie. With more primitive graphics it is up to your imagination to fill the gaps.
    Quite often I find I don't like character artwork and HD sprites of 16 and 32 bit characters, because the way the developer saw them is different from the way I saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I don't find it that outlandish. I'm the same way. It is kind of the difference between reading a book and watching a movie. With more primitive graphics it is up to your imagination to fill the gaps.
    Quite often I find I don't like character artwork and HD sprites of 16 and 32 bit characters, because the way the developer saw them is different from the way I saw them.
    Exactly!
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

I see.

Regards,
    Big D