Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Fang & Vanille sisters?

Default Are Fang & Vanille sisters?

Okay, I don't know if I missed something or saw something that isn't there, but are they sisters. Obviously Fang & Vanille care quite a lot for each other, but I got a sense that Fang was Vanille's older sister. Especially when she starts talking about protecting her family, part of another family etc. They do come from the same village. So is it explicitly stated? If not, did anyone get the same feeling?

They canīt.
    Fang is of the Yun clan and Vanille is from the Dia clan.

Look at my grandmothers thread for an interesting theory on relationships.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Future Esthar is right that they can't be related because they're from different clans. I like to think they're lovers.

Okay, clans? Is that mentioned in the main game?

On the datalog.Look at Fang and Vanilleīs profiles under "people".

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

clans yes are mentioned in the game, but they both hail from Oerba which is the main point to get here. People lived in apartment style housing in big familial accomodation settings. because of this closeness, everyone treats each other as members of the same family, even if they aren't blood related. they live, sleep, eat and work together and that definitely strengthens those bonds.
    yes, i'm a FFXIII fan.

Quote Originally Posted by finaloblivion View Post
    clans yes are mentioned in the game, but they both hail from Oerba which is the main point to get here. People lived in apartment style housing in big familial accomodation settings. because of this closeness, everyone treats each other as members of the same family, even if they aren't blood related. they live, sleep, eat and work together and that definitely strengthens those bonds.
    This idea supports the improbability that their relationship dynamic includes anything other than platonic interactions. Close knit communities tend to uphold traditional value sets which promote furtherance of subsequent generations. Obviously, homosexuality produces no offspring and therefore would not be considered an advantageous practice within the confines of that community. Regardless of where an established culture lies in the spectrum of complexity, there is always balance maintained between surplus and standard of living. If there is no surplus produced by it's people (consider a random place such as,...say.. Cambodia) then there will be scant room to allow wasteful practices of any sort, i.e. not supporting community populace and domestic productivity.
    Wow that wasn't a tangent or anything! Nevertheless I'm pretty sure a male role was originally designed for Fang, however it was changed later in the development process. I had a few moments in the game where I questioned the involvement of their relationship. Few things rank as high on the "Worst thing you wouldn't mind catching someone doing" list as a redhead and a green eyed hottie ruining a set of good sheets.
    -B

I thought fang would turn out to be vanilles mother for ages!

But I was told that in the prequel novel (that I haven't read yet)
    (SPOILER)vanille and fang are both orphans who were raised together

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Each individual clan was really close to other members of their clan, living together and sharing life with everyone else, but that wasn't the same between clans. They both lived on Oerba but they didn't live near each other, the clans were separate towns.

Thatīs one thing I donīt understood.
    They say they lived together but Vanilleīs house is too little to accomodate other persons.

Regards,
    Big D

Didn't the house have two bunkbeds?

But from her speech I though it was the entire village.

Regards,
    Big D

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kinda got he impression that each person didn't individually own a house or a specific room, but that there were just buildings that the whole clan shared. There's no real dialog support for that though. It's just the impression I got.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I kinda got he impression that each person didn't individually own a house or a specific room, but that there were just buildings that the whole clan shared. There's no real dialog support for that though. It's just the impression I got.
    No, there is dialog support. Either Fang or Vanille say (when asked which one is their house) that all the houses are theirs. Everything in the village is shared.

But the house with the robot is too little.
    How can that be?

Regards,
    Big D