Thread: Breath of Fire IV help please

Default Breath of Fire IV help please

1)There are a couple of dragon forms which upgrade to nicer ones (myrmidon to knight), but how do I actually go about upgrading them???

2)I have only found two dragons but I think there are more (they give the player Fulguration and Rainstorm). If there are more, how do I find them?

I've tried a few walkthroughs with no luck.
    I just want to put this game to bed.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Please & thank you.

[dragon evocations problem has been resolved, but I still don't know how to gain the evolved Ryu dragon forms]
    Last edited by Blank; 05-28-2010 at 04:19 AM.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I got stuck in this game too, then i got bored and I never touched the game again..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    1)There are a couple of dragon forms which upgrade to nicer ones (myrmidon to knight), but how do I actually go about upgrading them???

2)I have only found two dragons but I think there are more (they give the player Fulguration and Rainstorm). If there are more, how do I find them?

I've tried a few walkthroughs with no luck.
    I just want to put this game to bed.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Please & thank you.

[dragon evocations problem has been resolved, but I still don't know how to gain the evolved Ryu dragon forms]

You are in luck cause I just finished another playthrough of this game this past semester.

The Dragon Gene forms evolve based on the amount of Game Points you've accumulated. First at 10.000, second at 20,000, third at 35,000, and the last is around 50,000. Evolving the dragon forms affects both Ryu and Fou Lu. You acquire game points by playing all those silly mini-games.

The fastest game to accumulate points is the one with the sandflyer you used to reach the different destinations. You can do tricks by doing jumps from the sand dunes and using the analog stick/d-pad to twirl your ship around like it was a skateboard. The trick only counts if it lands so if you screw up or land out of the stage you don't get points. The timer in these sections are not terribly important (hence why the starting time for all courses is 99:99:99) so feel free to just keep doing jumps over and over on the courses.

The only other games that ward well and are repeatable is the cargo freight mini-game and the one with chasing the chickens into the fenced off area. The games available in the Fairy Village don't count so don't worry about them. You can only evolve the Wyvern/Serpent (they are counted as the same despite having separate genes), Myrmidon, Mutant, and Behemoth. Aura and Kaiser can't be evolved (thought technically Kaiser is the evolved form of Aura). Hope this helps.

Thank you!
    I was finally able to finish this game.
    I beat the final boss with a few uber items left.
    Isn't that always the case? I act conservative because I assume I have plenty of boss battle to go.
    I definitely enjoyed this game, though I liked BoF III more.

Funny fact: I couldn't find this game, BoF IV, for PlayStation without breaking the bank, so I got a European PC copy for cheap and used a USB adapter to play with a PS2 controller
    (I already owned this adapter).

=]
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Breath of Fire games are pretty rare nowadays. Maybe not BoFV: Dragon Quarter, but the PS1 titles and the GBA ports are pretty pricey when you find them.