Page 169 of 240 FirstFirst ... 69119149159163164165166167168169170171172173174175179189219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3595

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Blog Entries

I'm playing Bioshock 1 after the Steam sale and holy balls am I underwhelmed. I'm about half way through and I'm still fighting the same enemies and running down the same corridors going on fetch quests. Please tell me it gets more interesting.

So I stopped playing that and installed Just Cause 2 because Vivi22 said it was good and am having a far better time.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I'm playing Bioshock 1 after the Steam sale and holy balls am I underwhelmed. I'm about half way through and I'm still fighting the same enemies and running down the same corridors going on fetch quests. Please tell me it gets more interesting.
    (SPOILER) It doesn't. But I still like the concept and the setting.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I got AC, ACII, AC:B, ACIII and AC:R on a single disk for Christmas (yay to Danielle) and have so far finished Assassin's Creed and am almost done with Assassin's Creed II. I got The Last of Us, too, but want to see how many AC games it's going to take me before I get sick of the ol' routine. So far, so good!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

on the pc i downloaded Final Fantasy VIII (1st time im playing this game, i really hope it doesnt get stuck somewhere like i had with VII on the pc)
    on the Ps3 Final fantasy VII
    and on the psp Final Fantasy Crisis core..

yaay Final fantasy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Replaying FFV (and exploriing the job system a little more thoroughly than I have before) after an abortive stab at The After Years (see my rant in the appropriate forum for an idea of how that went). Considering giving Dimensions a shot next, or applying some mods to some of my favourite Western RPGs - Baldur's Gate or Temple of Elemental Evil - and giving them another shot.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Just started playing "Guacamelee" the other day - it's a great deal of fun. It's a sort of beat-em-up platformer which involves pulling off combos on skeletons and combing your way through temples by using a clever mechanic that lets you switch between the worlds of the living and dead. I didn't stop playing for a good few hours when I first picked it up. The stylish visuals and music are another plus.

I'm also still playing a lot of Assassin's Creed IV which I'm pretty sure is my favorite AssCreed game. You wouldn't think that a pirate game would be this comfy, but there you go. Nothin' but the open sea and sailors singing shanties.

Finished Resident Evil 6. Chris and Piers last boss battle was very difficult until I searched wiki guide then made it haha. It took me about an hour to kill it. Now start a new game Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning, and play Rise Of Nations.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Me and my girlfriend are having a joint play through of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass on her DS. I wasn't sure how I'd take to using the stylus to move around but it's not as awkward as I thought it would be. Also still immersing myself in GTAV on PS3.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCLFFF13 View Post
    Finished Resident Evil 6. Chris and Piers last boss battle was very difficult until I searched wiki guide then made it haha. It took me about an hour to kill it. .
    omg yes, first time it took me an hour too :P
    thank god for wiki guide after that i had m in 10 minutes (at mather of speaking)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally catching up with the remaining Walking Dead Season One episodes. (SPOILER)Holy trout, did I seriously just hack a guy's leg off? That is some super graphic trout.

I just started up Saints Row 2 yesterday, and I've been intermittently juggling Minecraft and FFIX. I played FFIX for a little today and became furious when I needlessly died and hadn't saved in some time because I am an arrogant asshole and it did not serve me well, so I shut off the game to play something else. Later tonight I'll probably begin Batman: Arkham Asylum fiiiiiinally. This is about all I can juggle right now, I think. I really only picked up Walking Dead because I'm waiting for Batman to finish downloading, and now I think that maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Oh well!

I've abandoned Fallout for a little while. Too much new ground to cover right now.

And I just got Borderlands 2, Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock 2, and I really really want to go through the GTA games and work my way up to V ;-; Too much trout to catch up on! I can feel my life ending one minute at a time in the most wasteful manner possible, but I give no smurfs.

edit: I'm a liar, I'm playing fallout 3 right now

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I got AC, ACII, AC:B, ACIII and AC:R on a single disk for Christmas (yay to Danielle) and have so far finished Assassin's Creed and am almost done with Assassin's Creed II. I got The Last of Us, too, but want to see how many AC games it's going to take me before I get sick of the ol' routine. So far, so good!
    Revelations comes before ACIII in the continuity.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aye, found that out the other day, luckily before I played either.

Assassin's Creed II done. I even bothered to Platinum it, and I must say it was probably the easiest Platinum I ever got. The story was great and I liked that I could upgrade Montewhatever's shops and whatnot. I felt the fights in AC were a bit better than the ones in ACII for some reason I'm not sure of, maybe I just never got the hang of it.

If Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood hasn't changed the battle system, though, then I've definitely got the hang of it now, because I love this game more than the previous two by some distance because of one reason alone: Recruiting other assassin's. Oh man, I love sitting around the coops and sending them on missions and leveling them up and whatnot. Most of mine are up to level 8 now, although I still need to get a couple more towers down so I can unlock my last two recruits. I'm not sure I can be arsed getting 100% synchronisation, though. Some of the requirements are just not worth my time... maybe when I'm done. I dunno.

I got tired of trying to beat something "the right way" at some point and just sat on a bench and highlighted who I wanted dead and called out my crew, and they stormed the place while I chilled out. It was great. I like to assume that this is what it looks like when I'm making my kills, when seen from a civilian perspective. Guy's walking along, minding his own business, BAM, assassin jumps from alley and murders him. Patrol dude on a horse? BAM. Assassin runs up, pulls him off, kills him, mounts the horse, horse rears back and whinnies for dramatic effect and then my assassin rides it off into the distance. Awesome.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Aye, found that out the other day, luckily before I played either.

Assassin's Creed II done. I even bothered to Platinum it, and I must say it was probably the easiest Platinum I ever got. The story was great and I liked that I could upgrade Montewhatever's shops and whatnot. I felt the fights in AC were a bit better than the ones in ACII for some reason I'm not sure of, maybe I just never got the hang of it.

If Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood hasn't changed the battle system, though, then I've definitely got the hang of it now, because I love this game more than the previous two by some distance because of one reason alone: Recruiting other assassin's. Oh man, I love sitting around the coops and sending them on missions and leveling them up and whatnot. Most of mine are up to level 8 now, although I still need to get a couple more towers down so I can unlock my last two recruits. I'm not sure I can be arsed getting 100% synchronisation, though. Some of the requirements are just not worth my time... maybe when I'm done. I dunno.

I got tired of trying to beat something "the right way" at some point and just sat on a bench and highlighted who I wanted dead and called out my crew, and they stormed the place while I chilled out. It was great. I like to assume that this is what it looks like when I'm making my kills, when seen from a civilian perspective. Guy's walking along, minding his own business, BAM, assassin jumps from alley and murders him. Patrol dude on a horse? BAM. Assassin runs up, pulls him off, kills him, mounts the horse, horse rears back and whinnies for dramatic effect and then my assassin rides it off into the distance. Awesome.
    Pretty much.

I should warn, the Assassin promotions are fun missions, but do lock things down a bit. Once you promote to full Assassin, they become more powerful and can't die permanently, but you can't change their armor color anymore, as they don the Assassin white. Their cape, however, is based on the color scheme it was before they were promoted, so set that up in advance if you care at all.

If you like that aspect, you'll like Revelations even more. You get more Assassins, and they work great. There's even a mission where you get to take the ENTIRE Brotherhood in at once (no more than that, spoilers).

Pity that seemed to vanish in ACIII, or took way too long to unlock.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still playing FE:Awakening.

Basically finished with hard/casual. Just need the limit breaker ability and then I'll take on Apotheosis.

In the meantime... started a lunatic/casual run. Got to chapter 5 and realized that I didnt want to play it in casual and I didnt like the avatar I made.
    Instantly restarted on classic with a different character. Let's just say I have the first few pure insanity chapters down perfectly now.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy