Page 194 of 240 FirstFirst ... 94144174184188189190191192193194195196197198199200204214 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3595

Thread: What are you playing right now?

I've been playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 lately. Does anyone from EoFF still play? The Halloween events are good, casual, chaotic fun for anyone who would be interested in jumping back in.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Started Skies of Arcadia Legends

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Started playing Hyrule Warriors. It's a load of fun. I mostly got it because I wanted to play as Midna. But I find myself playing as Impa more. She's so badass. And she knows it, her victory pose shows it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've been playing Silent Hill and The Walking Dead: Season 2.

Smurf you, demon babies! Smurf you, Carver! Smurf you, Roman!
    Roman isn't in Season 2, I just like that line a lot.

I finished Warsong and Der Langrisser, then I had an idea for a new character in Skyrim annnnnnnd . . . yep, there went my week.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Running through the last two Call of Duty campaigns to get ready for Advanced Warfare on 11/3 (week and a half out!)

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Alpha Centauri 2
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin
    Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
    Gran Turismo 6

AC2 is so much fun. It feels like they mostly sorted out the most annoying things in Civ5. The fact that it's in a futuristic setting is of course excellent too.
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-26-2014 at 01:02 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Alpha Centauri 2
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin
    Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
    Gran Turismo 6

AC2 is so much fun. It feels like they mostly sorted out the most annoying things in Civ5. The fact that it's in a futuristic setting is of course excellent too.
    Setting something in the future on another planet is a guaranteed way to make pretty much anything better. Liking it so far though I reserve my full judgement for until I've played more of it.

And now you've also reminded me I want to play some GT6. I don't have time for all the gams.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Would GT6 be worth it for someone who played the crap out of 5 and feels like they still have a ton left to do?

Hype me up (no snarky comments pls Mirage).

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe. I think GT6 is a better game in a lot of ways (was not a fan of 5 for a lot of reasons at launch), but it is missing some of the content that was available in previous games. Endurance rces for example aren't in it. Now they were talking about adding some of that stuff back in after launch, but it's been almost a year and those aren't in there so who knows at this point.

That said, the game has a much better progression than 5, the physics feel a lot better, and the races are generally more interesting. I'd recommend it overall.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Would GT6 be worth it for someone who played the crap out of 5 and feels like they still have a ton left to do?

Hype me up (no snarky comments pls Mirage).
    Snarky comments? Me? I don't understand what you are getting at.

It is a difficult question. There are new tracks, and a lot more tracks with changing time and weather. The graphics are better in some ways but worse in others. They made fancier real-time shadows, but didn't have the hardware resources to make them very high res, so it sometimes looks wonky. They increased the resolution but had to go from proper AA to the simpler FXAA.

The career mode (aka GT Life) is shorter and doesn't cover as many different cars and tracks as in 5, but they are still different events than what GT5 had. However, the progression system in GT6 is a lot better than the awful level grinding in GT5. I much prefer license tests to unlock new things rather than mindless exp grinding. License tests is at least a skill-based progression system. If you're a decent player, you can quickly pass through the lower leagues and don't have to repeat races several times in order to level up if you skipped a few events.

There are no real endurance races in the career mode anymore, which is kind of a let down. I would say it was not worth it at all at the time of release, but now that it's been a year, you can get it for like 20 bucks and it's worth 20 bucks.

If you're interested in motorsports history and car design, the game also has a few things for you, such as a tribute to a legendary F1 driver, and exclusive digital concept cars designed by manufacturers specifically for GT6.

If I'm gonna take a guess at why the graphics are sometimes better and sometimes worse, I would say it's because a lot of the graphics used in GT6 probably were created for use with PS4, and then scaled down to a level that the PS3 could handle, while GT5's graphics were developed to look as good as possible on PS3. It hasn't been confirmed for all aspects of the graphics, but I am pretty sure that some PD guy said that all cars made for GT5 and 6 were made in incredibly high detail, then scaled down, so that they can use the same data to quickly create cars for GT7. Hopefully, this means that GT7 isn't as far off as GT5 was to GT4.

if GT6 had built on the strengths of GT5 and the current GT6 that we got, it would have been a much better game. I don't regret my purchase, but I'm glad I waited for several price drops.

-edit-
    oh yeah I also really like the music but that's even more subjective than any of the other stuff i mentioned. and you could just put the music into gt5 with a custom playlist anyway.
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-26-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bought Payday 2 yesterday because apparently Alpha Centauri 2 wasn't enough of a time sink this weekend.

Thank god I had no tests to study for.

Dota 2 because I finally have decent internet and it's the only game I can play on the laptop that I brought on my travels

Not entirely sure considering I've been starting games and not finishing them @.@ Concurrently playing Destiny amongst PS3 games like Tales of Xillia; planning to replay The Last of Us.
    ❝ You are a fading dream, but one that has been touched by reality. ❞
    — icon courtesy of gospelle

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Destiny. All the time. I need help.