Page 206 of 240 FirstFirst ... 106156186196200201202203204205206207208209210211212216226 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3594

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Advance Wars is kicking my ass.

Still trying to complete Final Fantas XIII, but now Transistor kept me distracted
    I wish I could just sit here for hours to listen to the Transistor Soundtrack..................... So soothing.....

This weekend, I've beaten both Pokémon Yellow and Dragon's Dogma. I'm pretty convinced I will not be diving into the grind-heavy, little-rewarding postgame content of Dragon's Dogma (despite the fact that it is still, technically, storyline). I attempted to go back to another game with an entire post-game story arc, the future arc of Tales of Graces f, but I quickly realized that I had forgotten so much about the combat that I'd never be able to pick it up adequately.

So with those options off the table...I think it's time.

Time to begin to epic, 250+ hour journey...of Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I've been playing My Game Console Can't Be This Cute AKA Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth. I'm enjoying it so far. It has a lot of funny moments and doesn't take itself to seriously. The battles are surprisingly difficult. And the music is great. There's a bunch of shout outs and references to everything videogames. Neptune herself basically hums to Final Fantasy fanfare sometimes when leveling.

Playing The Last Of Us Remastered now. It looks amazing and runs at a smooth 60fps. ND did a really great job in remastering this already gloriously looking game. Everything looks so crisp and just "pops". I own the PS3 version and it does seems like the game could well have been a PS4 launch title from the start.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I enjoyed that game, but I think it was one of those that was talked up way too much.

It wasn't perfect, the story wasn't as surprising as people seemed to want to tell you, and at some point Ellie just needs to learn to f*ing swim. I understand it was a puzzle mechanic, but sheez. You could have her slowly learning to swim and integrate new puzzle ideas instead of the same ol' "Ellie can't swim" thing. Joel teaching her that would just add to their bonding. You'd have

1) Better subtle character growth.
    2) Better, less repetitive puzzle mechanics later in the game.

Anyway, it's still very, very fun. It creates a pretty convincing atmosphere, the graphics are of course impressive, voice acting is top notch, characters are pretty believable, environments are good, and combat is fair. I'd certainly buy it again, it's just not this perfect game people talk it up to be. I think that making a game out to be perfect causes issues when developers try to make sequels. The rabid fans are never pleased.

Never tried the online component.

I'd play The Last of Us if it had a patch that replaced the naughty words with "trout" and "smurf" like the forums.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, The Last of Us is a solid 9.5/10 for me. It's taken a few big steps forward in terms of story-telling and character development in video games. It's definitely not perfect. Though saying that, the issues I had with it were reasonably minor. I can't wait to play it again when I pick up a PS4 copy at some point. The DLC is excellent as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am playing FFXII with sharky
    FFIX
    Tears to Tiara II
    And I just finished Style Savvy Trendsetters, so I'm going to start Girls Fashion Shoot up again. I am having a very stressful month and I need something low key to play in bed or when I don't want to think too much

After finishing Bayonetta 2 and the Last of Us Remastered this week I am now sitting before Atelier Shallie.

Just finished Child of Light with my girlfriend. What a beautiful game, probably one of my favourite RPG's alongside Final Fantasy IX. It's just a shame it ended so suddenly, I could definitely have spent a lot more hours in this world.

I just traded in my 3DS for the New 3DS and bought Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. So I'll probably be playing through those until FF Type-0 comes out with the FFXV demo.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

My gamer's addiction has once again reared its ugly head. I've been playing Chain Chronicle and Spirit Stones on my phone for the past month.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    Just finished Child of Light with my girlfriend. What a beautiful game, probably one of my favourite RPG's alongside Final Fantasy IX. It's just a shame it ended so suddenly, I could definitely have spent a lot more hours in this world.
    Child of Light is a glorious game indeed!

Playing Hotline Miami 2 and the occasional game of Dota 2 atm.