Page 21 of 240 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627314171121 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

I am playing PC game. My favorite game is Call Of Duty MW 4. It is shooter game. I am fan of this game.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I polished off most of Fallout: New Vegas so I'm moving onto Assassin's Creed II. I had only two feathers left to find to basically max it out, but that's a bitch to do so now I'm going through from scratch.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Well I finally bought Dead Space after renting it a couple weeks ago, extremely late. And totally fell in love with it, and bought it online for $20. Also go Alan Wake on a hunch that I'd enjoy and it'd totally be worth $20 itself. Only had like 3 hours left in Dead Space, but its one of those games I just want in my collection. And it was totally worth it. I'll be pimping that game out to friends a time or two. And Alan Wake did not disappoint me. I know a lot of other people weren't impressed with it, but I loved it. I'm extremely behind on gaming xD Gotta order Mass Effect 2 next, since its $20 as well now ... >_>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Figured out you can see where you were missing the feathers from, a welcome addition, so I'm all done with Assassin's Creed II. To further my binge I've hired out AC:Brotherhood, but I've also been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

The Legend of Dragoon and Minecraft.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With the recent death of my 360 and my temporary status of not having a major console to bitch out some noobs on and with the completion (finally) of the SC2 campaign. I'm playing Final Fantasy XII again trying this time not to lose my patience and thus to finally complete it

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

I'm loving it so far. It's based on the same Chinese novel as Dragon Ball and it's neat to see some of the similarities between the two as the game progresses.
    Last edited by DMKA; 02-20-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

I really need to finish FFXII...

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I'm on break this week, so I'm binging on some new and old games!

New: Tactics Ogre! Dragon Quest 6! Marvel vs Capcom 3 (though I will probably send my rental back pretty soon)! Tomorrow or the day after I should have Radiant Historia!

Old: Starcraft 2! Golden Sun! and a little bit of Typing of the Dead!

As of right now I am playing Codename Tenka. Which will then be followed by Loaded.

You would think going back to these old PS1 games would be a chore but I am having a lot of fun. So much fun in fact that its made me put off fixing my PS3 for the time being. I really need to get around to that. Killzone 3 being the biggest reason.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    MGS4, finally getting a replay of this and regretting I didn't start it on a higher difficulty cause I've been breezing through this game. I only started a few days ago and I'm already at Shadow Moses.
    Yeah, MGS4 is an interesting beast in that regard. If you play it as a run-and-gun you can get through it pretty fast. But in doing that, you end up ignoring all the other fun toys they give you that encourage stealth.

I'm playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which is fabulous, though the shoot-outs get kind of annoying. Too many guys that just pop out of nowhere and take a bajillion shots to take out. I'm also playing Red Faction Guerrilla, which is quite fun, but can get frustrating with how enemies just spawn infinitely right on top of you whenever you get an alert. Still, blowing stuff up is a blast.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    I'm playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which is fabulous, though the shoot-outs get kind of annoying. Too many guys that just pop out of nowhere and take a bajillion shots to take out. I'm also playing Red Faction Guerrilla, which is quite fun, but can get frustrating with how enemies just spawn infinitely right on top of you whenever you get an alert. Still, blowing stuff up is a blast.
    I agree with these sentiments completely.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    MGS4, finally getting a replay of this and regretting I didn't start it on a higher difficulty cause I've been breezing through this game. I only started a few days ago and I'm already at Shadow Moses.
    Yeah, MGS4 is an interesting beast in that regard. If you play it as a run-and-gun you can get through it pretty fast. But in doing that, you end up ignoring all the other fun toys they give you that encourage stealth.
    I have for the most part been pretty stealthy outside of a few points where getting directly involved with the natives was more to my advantage. Honestly, I feel the combat mechanics weaken the stealth aspect cause it forgets the fundamental driving force that makes stealth work, which has always been immediate consequences. Being docked a higher rank and losing out on a few novelty items is not much of an incentive to care about getting caught when you can easily dispatch a battalion of soldiers with little effort.

I still hold to some of my original thoughts on gameplay for MGS4. In it's efforts to make combat more accessible and not as clumsy, the game has accidentally undermined the greatest part of the series which was the stealth. Not only is it too easy in some parts, but I really don't care about getting caught anymore cause it doesn't mean imminent death like it did in the past titles. There are no real consequences anymore, and so I feel the game lost something valuable for me at least.

I started P3P and am having a blast with the girls' scenario. The game re-uses a lot of things from P4 but has at least fixed most of the elements that made the dungeon crawling part of gameplay lackluster in P4.

I am playing Crisis Core (haven't played since it was released, even then I rushed through it). Then I'll play FF7 which I haven't touched since at least 2002 or so. Then I'll watch Advent Children Complete, and maybe consider Dirge of Cerberus though I'm very hesitant.

I guess what triggered this is I saw FF7 on PSN and decided I really wanted to play it again on my PS3.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I am currently playing through Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for the PSP. The graphics remain mostly unchanged, but the gameplay has changed drastically, and the new localization makes me feel like I am playing a completely revised game. This is how I think remakes of video games should be!
    I believe in the power of humanity.