Page 230 of 240 FirstFirst ... 130180210220224225226227228229230231232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3588

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spiderman (PS4) - Lots of fun.
    Ico - Over halfway through and massively stuck on a puzzle. I refuse to cheat.
    MLB 11: The Show - Still trying to win the World Series on career mode
    Pokemon Gold - Never actually completed it. This time...

I'm a little bit all over the show since I finished Xenoblade Chronicles which consumed 162 of my life hours.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okami, hollow knight and celeste.
    The switch has really revitalized my love for gaming. Could hardly find the time with all my commuting via train but now I can take advantage of that. It's been sweet,
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Finished Dark Souls 2, and doubled back to finally finish the first one. Last thing I did story wise was beat Ornstein and Smough. It was funny people talk about how Dark Souls 2 is sluggish, but it's been awhile since I played any and jumping into the first one right away it's very noticeable. She chugs the Estus flask in this game. I've beaten Nito and Bed of Chaos. Couple things: First I've heard horror stories about Bed of Chaos. How's it's at the top of the everyone's list as worst boss in the series. Didn't really prepare me for it. My friend was telling me about a boss, and this was before I played even Bloodborne, he went on about how it was bulltrout. And had no idea how to beat it and had to look up a guide. If it wasn't for him telling me that, I would've been in the same boat. Nothing up to that point prepares you for that fight. I can't even remember if jumping was required before hand. It really is a dumb boss. And lore wise, the Witch of Ilalith got shafted. That random pyromancer guarding the door was a better representation than that thing.

And second, why does Blighttown get so much hate when Lost Izalith exists? Everyone knows about Blighttown, even people who have never played know it's supposedly the worst thing in existence. Honestly I didn't find it any worse than anyplace else in the game. You just got to be careful and make your way down. And those knife throwing assholes stay dead. But Lost Izalith on the other hand is a giant headache. And I'm being literal. The first half of the level is covered in this bright glowing orange lava that gave me a headache. And there's these giant things, I can't tell what they are because that glow makes everything hard to make out. You'd think they'd stay dead, but nope they come back. And this glowy lava isn't just decoration, you have to travel over it. And to travel over it you have to use up a ring slot. And you only have two. And the second half of the level is full of fat fire breathing nutsucks that make an annoying sound when they aggro you. And giant toothy vagina monsters that spray you and destroy your gear. And to top it all off, the boss of the area is the Bed of Chaos.

tl;dr Lost Izalith is bad.

But on a brighter side. I grinding on Phalanx and was throwing my sign down just encase. And I was summoned. Cut down my grinding my five levels and I'm a Sunbro now.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lost Izalith is a pretty sucky dungeon, and a large part of why Dark Souls second half undermines the rest of the game for me. As for Blighttown getting a bad rep, I almost feel that's because most people never played Demon's Souls and experienced the Valley of Defilement, which ranks as one of the most frustrating areas in all of the Souls series. Blighttown even follows the basic layout and structure of the Valley of Defilement with 70% less of the bulltrout.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Valley of Defilement is infinitely worse than blighttown for sure. You can barely even see in the Valley. Blighttowns layout can actually be really interesting if tackled coming down from the depths. The verticality is a nice touch imo and makes both the upper and lower parts of the area feel distinct. Upper blighttown is genuinely tense at times due to the cramped area and the toxic dart dudes. What's neat is that since the dart dudes don't respawn the area doesn't feel unfair. If you can kill one of those guys you're still making progress even if you die. Upper blighttown is of course better than the boring flat swamp of lower blighttown and neither are particularly great areas but I think the hatred is overblown.

Lost Izalith/demon ruins meanwhile is a giant disappointment that just keeps going and going. I'd be less miffed if there weren't so many goddamn bosses. Ceaseless, firesage, centipede demon and bed of chaos. None of which are fun to me or engaging. Compare that to the usual 2(or 1) bosses for all the other areas in the second half and its easy to see why its a drag. It's a lazy, garbage area and I always dread going there. Even exploring it isn't fun. It's just a bunch of randomly pasted rehased minibosses in demon ruins and then more garbage in izalith proper.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I fought Ceaseless Discharge after Quelaag and forgot about him. Three mini-bosses and a puzzle boss, didn't even realize it. I beat it and yea, everything post Anor Londo is kind of disappointing. I only sorta like one and half levels. New Londo wasn't bad. There was only one room that was bad and it was right before the boss and could run through it and Tomb of the Giants was eh. I hated Duke's Archive. Skeleton Archers hiding behind mages hiding behind more archers hiding behind warriors. And the crystal cave just seemed pointless.

So, I been playing dsr on the switch which is pretty convenient since I can't always game now due to working.
    But, when i do have time, I had been playing Sekiro and Days gone, pretty good games and Farcry 5 has been great as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

smurf it, I'm just gonna finally start Chrono Trigger right now.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’ve finally gotten around to Undertale. I already did a pacifist run and am doing the genocide route now. It’s been a good time.

I also decided to do the month trial for Apple Arcade and have been way too addicted to What the Golf.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Weirdly enough, since I tend to hate these types of combat systems, I've been playing through Half-Life 1 and Fallout 4. I actually thought I was close to the end in Half-Life, only to learn I'm actually closer to the midpoint. For Fallout 4, I'm in typical Bethesda mode of being constantly sidetracked by other missions and I've now reached Diamond City despite having like twenty hours of game time going. For those wondering, it's like the third story mission in the game and I'm almost to level 20 and have Sanctuary well on its way to being a fortress city.

I'm trying to plat final fantasy 9 on the PS4. I'm currently doing the chocobo treasure chest crap

Shadow Tactics

ShadowNINku
    Est. 2002

Death Stranding. Currently on Chapter 9 and expanding my network of ziplines to make delivery to everywhere quick and painless instead of advancing the plot. Hopefully won't run out of bandwidth before I finish. I have extraneous ziplines in some places but I don't really want to trel back and remove them unless I need to.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I've fallen back into FFXIV again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I've fallen back into FFXIV again.