Page 25 of 240 FirstFirst ... 51519202122232425262728293031354575125 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

White Knight Chronicles.
    Pros:open beautiful environments,exploration,combat system,georama

Cons:ugly and generic character design,unskippable cutscenes,easy battles,awfully cliche story and some bad design choices like naming a sword that belongs in the category of short swords,a "longsword."

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Crisis Core (PSP), I thought it was going to be a good game like "Dirge of Cerberus" but the game is for die hard/crazed FF7 fans only..
    Playing it is a torture but I paid for the thing so I have to beat it no matter what..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Thanks to eternal essence I'm back to playing Resonance of Fate. I love you Leanne, please become real and marry me~~~

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Half-Life 2.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm playing Advance Wars Dark Conflict on the DS. Civ 5 on the PC and Call of Duty Black Ops and Portal 2 on 360.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Playing:
    Metroid Prime: Never actually got around to beating it as a kid so I'm getting my sorry little ass kicked on the last level
    Pokemon XD gale of darkness: Don't give me that look, this game is awesome!
    Yeah I'm loving all over my gamecube for now.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Playing:
    Metroid Prime: Never actually got around to beating it as a kid so I'm getting my sorry little ass kicked on the last level
    Pokemon XD IS awesome. Easily the best entry in the series. An actual plot, a large number of interesting gameplay changes... Wonderful game.

Metroid Prime can be a pain, but you will figure it out before you know it. Although I'm not sure I'd recommend moving on to Echoes. The sequel does not do as well as the original (though Corruption was pretty good).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FF3 DS - I'm loving it!

FFTA2 - This one looks like the same old FFTA. Those clan trials are difficult! I haven't played much but will probably finish it by june.

Touhou 7-12. (Beat 6 and 8 on normal phew)

Pokemon White - This game is awesome. Really. I just beat the 7th gym with a very cool party : Samurott, Golurk, Simisear, Reuniclus, Lilligant, and Beartic. I've been lazy and haven't played it recently.

FFIX - I'm downloading it so I'll probably play it soon .

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Playing:
    Pokemon XD IS awesome. Easily the best entry in the series. An actual plot, a large number of interesting gameplay changes... Wonderful game.

Metroid Prime can be a pain, but you will figure it out before you know it. Although I'm not sure I'd recommend moving on to Echoes. The sequel does not do as well as the original (though Corruption was pretty good).
    Oh I mean I started a new game, I'm loving it. Good solid amount of challenge, interesting backstory when you take the time to scan everything, interesting enemies, good UI, puzzles, weapons/visors. I love it, but that doesn't mean the last dungeon isn't kicking me in the tush.
    Also I agree on every point you made on XD, though I do prefer the plot and characters of Colosseum, it's so much darker and more badass~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Playing Killzone 3. It's hard getting back into the control scheme after playing the Call of Duty games for so long in between this and 2. I like the story and now that I have internet and a want, I'm probably going to try and play it online.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm playing Planetfall, which is a mod that turns Civ IV into SMAC. It's kind of pointless since you could really just play SMAC but something about it is delightfully fun and awesome.

pokemon white and pokemon tower defense

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally on the final chapters of FFIV:TAY but I am taking a break cause I don't feel like grinding everyone to not suck, cause The Man in Black is the only decent character coming out of the previous chapters.

Currently I'm playing:

Wii:
    Ogre Battle - Good game, just wish upgrading classes wasn't so complicated with me having to keep track of enemy levels and reputation...

Skies of Arcadia Legends - Friend keeps raving about this game so I'm giving it a go. Despite being horribly goody good (but not preachy thank god) for my taste (I mean seriously, One Piece is more violent and demoralizing) I have really loved the game so far. Really feels like something from the 16-bit /32-bit era.

PSP:

Vagrant Story - God I forgot how good this game is. Just about everything is near perfect in this game. I was only going to watch the intro and found myself beating the Golem boss by 2am.

PS3:

Assassin's Creed - Still haven't gotten far, its annoying I'm already sick of the whole "go to the location, go to the bureau, interrogate one guy, pickpocket another guy, eavesdrop on another, unlock target, find target, botch the stealth kill, murder everyone cause parry/counter is broken, listen to a 10 minute monologue about how I'm working for the bad guys (like it wasn't obvious) rinse and repeat. Occasionally breaking it up with the modern segments. I've gone GTA at this point, mostly screwing around by climbing everything, collecting flags, and murdering Crusaders and just about anyone who annoys me...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xXMagicalPalomXx View Post
    FFTA2 - This one looks like the same old FFTA. Those clan trials are difficult! I haven't played much but will probably finish it by june.
    I'm going to call you wrong here, not because it's a huge difference from FFTA but in regards to how the laws work on this one and how certain other game play factors some of which are more of a throwback to the FFT original game than to the FFTA entry. I will call you wrong here in that it's not similar to FFTA at all, though it does have some recurring characters, namely (SPOILER)at the end of the game you meet Mewt from FFTA as a grown up and instead of taking place in a dream Ivalice the Ivalice of FFTA2 is the same Ivalice as in FF12 so yeah, kinda different I see where you're coming from with the early game FFTA stuff but yeah pretty different to be honest when you get in to it.

I've been playing The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and so far I've enjoyed it. The story is full of intrigue and has interesting twists, and I like how your choices change the storyline (which is nice for replay value). The mere prologue is one of the most impressive prologues I've seen in games in a long while, and it teaches you the game's basics in a clever, interesting and funny way while also affecting the plot at large. I like the grey morality where you can find pros and cons on either side of the argument, which doesn't make some choices between factions easy. The quests offer a great variety, and the boss battles are suitably epic when they occur.

The graphics are downright pretty, and the environments are detailed and full of life. The day and night cycle as well as different weathers (sunny, rain, misty etc.) help bring the world to life, and the cities and towns are full of life with carefully detailed characters. VAs do their job properly, and the music sounds nice (although I wish there were more tracks).

The difficulty curve in normal setting is challenging but not frustrating; I like how the game punishes you if you rush into a mob without thinking of a strategy. You need to be clever and play dirty, knowing when to attack and when to retreat. The different development paths for your character (you can focus on alchemy, magic or swordsmanship or be a jack of all trades) allow for some interesting builds where you can mix different abilities while also keeping in mind that you'll only get a limited number of talent points so you have to decide carefully which paths to take.

Although I guess it's too early to say whether this game is going to be exceptional or not (I'm only at the end of chapter 1 right now), so far it's been a thrilling ride which offers great replay value, an intriguing story and some great game mechanics with a nice difficulty curve. I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun with a game.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki