Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Right now my main game is FFIX and I've just done the Revisit Alexandria part with the extraction and all. It's fun to play this game again, I'm totally going to master chocobo hot & cold.
    A couple of weeks ago I exchanged enough points to acquire the Robe of Lords from Mene! The Lagoon makes scoring a lot of points in one go easy.

I haven't played FFIX since I did that, but I have been playing Muramasa and Odin Sphere. I'm doing end-game tasks in Muramasa. I saw all three of Momohime's endings and two of Kisuke's. I have to level him up, so he can equip Oboro Muramasa before he can fight his final boss again and I can see his third ending.

The second/alternate final-boss fights for Kisuke and Momohime are my favorite in the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Right now my main game is FFIX and I've just done the Revisit Alexandria part with the extraction and all. It's fun to play this game again, I'm totally going to master chocobo hot & cold.
    A couple of weeks ago I exchanged enough points to acquire the Robe of Lords from Mene! The Lagoon makes scoring a lot of points in one go easy.

I haven't played FFIX since I did that, but I have been playing Muramasa and Odin Sphere. I'm doing end-game tasks in Muramasa. I saw all three of Momohime's endings and two of Kisuke's. I have to level him up, so he can equip Oboro Muramasa before he can fight his final boss again and I can see his third ending.

The second/alternate final-boss fights for Kisuke and Momohime are my favorite in the whole game.
    I actually prefer playing with Momohime over Kisuke.

On a whole, I love Muramasa, but Odin Sphere is the better title in most ways.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I've always thought these were bad reasons to hate on the game (Played multiplayer with some friends last week and a little campaign over the weekend (R2).) R2 compensates for the lack of weapon wheel by placing the guns you need at the scenarios you need them. Yes, the crazy guns are no longer there, but it never really appealed to me. Resistance 1 was overly drawn out with extremely repetitive engagements. By the end of the game, I had done of each of the 5 different kinds of scenarios at least 20 times. It was gray. Resistance 1 is the reason I held off on buying a PS3, Resistance 2 made me glad I bought one the year I did. IDK!!!
    For me, the main thing was easily the lack of co-op. But as for the guns, yes, they may put the right ones in the right places, but part of the fun of the first game for me was how you could do it "your own way" - figure out which weapon you feel would be best used in each situation, rather than having the game pretty much tell you. Of course, even more fun is intentionally using a gun that you probably shouldn't use, but using it in a very inventive way.
    I have to stand by this. Even my one friend who was a total PC nut, did everything on it you could imagine and more, referred to japanese games when he said RPG, and it was his favorite genre. I do 100% believe WRPG's were niche, and that the role is reversed today.
    Elder Scrolls? I don't know, I played a dozen or so "WRPG" games in those days, although I can't say for certain if they were actually called WRPGs. I wouldn't say either type of game was insanely massive, but pretty much on par with each other prior to FFVII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I assume the "EoFF plays FF#" is up to 9 now and that's why everyone seems to be playing it. I hacked my friend's PSP and its his favorite FF so I'll probably be ripping it and converting it for PSP here shortly. I might dig into it at that point myself
    I think it's more to do with it being released on the PSN. That's the reason I'm playing it, anyway. I think it's Eyes on Kingdom Hearts this month...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie's mini's View Post
    Oh I've also been playing a bit of Secret of mana, I love that game so very much.
    Me too! I was re-playing Seiken Densetsu 3 a couple of weeks back, trying a new party combination (Carlie, Hawk, Lise) but I got put off it after my computer crashed and I hadn't saved in ages...

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think it's more to do with it being released on the PSN. That's the reason I'm playing it, anyway. I think it's Eyes on Kingdom Hearts this month...
    Are you just talking about it being released in Japan? I just checked and it isn't on the PSN. I was so excited after I read that I ran out and booted up my PS3 to check.

I'm going through a bit of a snes phase lately. I'm playing Tales of Phantasia (one of my favoutite RPGs ever) and I'm planning to start playing Star Ocean again because I never did get too far in it.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

FFXIII - Just managed to get off my ass and beat the game finally. Might go back and have a go at beating some of the missions if I'm really bored but I feel that I'm pretty much done with this game now. Cant say I'm thrilled over FFXIII but I did like the battle system and the music.

Pixeljunk Shooter - Beat this the same day as FFXIII. I found the game kind of dull to begin but started enjoying it more as the game went on. It seemed like they only started getting creative near the end which is a shame as by the time I started to really have fun the game finished. I am definitely interested in what they do with the sequel. Bitchin soundtrack also.

Braid - Had this on my PS3 for a while and only now started digging into it. To be honest I really dont have many good things to say about this game. The style and music just come across as pretentious and the story doesn't really add much. Some of the puzzles are kind of neat but thats not enough to pull me through to the end. Braid is as overrated as they come

Final Fantasy IV:The After Years - I just recently started "The Gathering" chapter.

Samurai Warriors 2 - Trying to unlock Keiji Maeda and Kenshin Uesegi

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Are you just talking about it being released in Japan? I just checked and it isn't on the PSN. I was so excited after I read that I ran out and booted up my PS3 to check.
    It's out in Europe, I know that much. I've downloaded it. Make sure you check the "Latest" section. If you live in North America, I guess you have to wait a little longer, but it shouldn't be too long now, I imagine.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    It's out in Europe, I know that much. I've downloaded it. Make sure you check the "Latest" section. If you live in North America, I guess you have to wait a little longer, but it shouldn't be too long now, I imagine.
    It would be a little funny if we never got it, as payback for all the PS1 RPGs that the US had localized back in the '90s.

Funny and sad.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Haven't touched them in a few days though because I've been stuck in ultra-micromanagement mode with Hearts of Iron 2. I'm currently in the process of creating a grand Mexican empire in South America. Only Brazil and Argentina stand in the way of victory.
    Found a way to deal with the monster to your north, I take it?

I've also been playing HoI2 lately, to the exclusion of other stuff like RDR. A bit of Civ 4 as well, where my English Republic, far and away the dominant power on the main continent, was shocked to discover that another continent, though much smaller, was completely unified by the Maya who match outclass me considerably except in technology.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    It would be a little funny if we never got it, as payback for all the PS1 RPGs that the US had localized back in the '90s.

Funny and sad.
    I've checked everywhere. It's totally not there.

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XII. I need to do some grinding, since it seems like I'm just a bit underleveled to complete the 3rd ascent of Pharos.

Just started Mass Effect 1. I played and enjoyed 2, but wasn't able to get into one at the time I tried it. I blame Fallout 3 for that, because I'm really digging it now and looking forward to importing Julie Shepard into 2 (Sentinel, btw).

Speaking of Fallout 3, I also just picked up the GotY edition, so I'm starting on getting through all of the DLC I've been missing.

I am about halfway through Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and need to get back into playing it. I enjoy it, but I've juts been sucked into other things so much I've only been doing like a chapter every two or three days.

Also working on another file on Final Fantasy IV DS, for no good reason other than loving FFIV.

As always, keep playing Battlefield Bad Company 1 every night or so.

I have probably five other games I am at least halfway through that have fallen to the wayside for now.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Few more:

Portable - I'm playing Gran Turismo PSP, FFVIII, and FFTactics a little bit. Probably picking up Twisted Metal: Head On soon since it's $9.99.

Just started some Unreal Tournament III also since one of my friends just got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I've always thought these were bad reasons to hate on the game (Played multiplayer with some friends last week and a little campaign over the weekend (R2).) R2 compensates for the lack of weapon wheel by placing the guns you need at the scenarios you need them. Yes, the crazy guns are no longer there, but it never really appealed to me. Resistance 1 was overly drawn out with extremely repetitive engagements. By the end of the game, I had done of each of the 5 different kinds of scenarios at least 20 times. It was gray. Resistance 1 is the reason I held off on buying a PS3, Resistance 2 made me glad I bought one the year I did. IDK!!!
    For me, the main thing was easily the lack of co-op. But as for the guns, yes, they may put the right ones in the right places, but part of the fun of the first game for me was how you could do it "your own way" - figure out which weapon you feel would be best used in each situation, rather than having the game pretty much tell you. Of course, even more fun is intentionally using a gun that you probably shouldn't use, but using it in a very inventive way.
    I totally agree about the co-op part, in fact it's one of the reasons I want to go back to the first one. The co-op missions in R2 is interesting, but it doesn't make up for a lack of co-op for the single player campaign, and even then loses its charm after a while.

I also see what you're saying about the guns part, that's again reinforced by the fact that there really aren't many interesting guns in R2, in fact they're all pretty much standard FPS fare whereas you could see the pedigree of the Ratchet & Clank developers with Resistance 2.

I have to stand by this. Even my one friend who was a total PC nut, did everything on it you could imagine and more, referred to japanese games when he said RPG, and it was his favorite genre. I do 100% believe WRPG's were niche, and that the role is reversed today.
    Elder Scrolls? I don't know, I played a dozen or so "WRPG" games in those days, although I can't say for certain if they were actually called WRPGs. I wouldn't say either type of game was insanely massive, but pretty much on par with each other prior to FFVII.
    I could also agree that pre-FFVII they were both pretty niche.