Page 51 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3141454647484950515253545556576171101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

just started Assassins creed revelations.
    at first i couldnt really find myself in that game.

(SPOILER) i disagree with the hookblade. sure it gives some nice moves etc. but at most it jusīt makes the climbing easyer and faster. i really have the feeling that theyre doing everything to make it as easy as possible, wich is really a shame.

they inmediatly open all those underground passages. that really sucks in my opinion. though i dont use them (i never have) this to makes the game to easy, as if they want you to rush through it.

im not that far yet but i already started loving the Altair memory's

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Normally I'm not the type to go around doing every dumb little side quest ever in a game before moving on to the next plot point, but in a game where they are at least kind of interesting like Dragon Age II, this is indeed what I'm doing. Until I was like, "oh god I still haven't left Kirkwall ever let's get on with it please" when there was just one more sidequest left. Guess which sidequest had a potential party member?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering I've been participating in the Steam Holiday Sale... I now have 500 bajillion games to play, but I don't know where to start.
    So... many... good... games
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron has been keeping me busy. Its an action game that combines the Apocrypha Book of Enoch with heavy does of acid. It's not often the audio/visuals of a game impress me enough to want to continue on but good god, this game is like some kind of art candy that is rotting my brain and I adore it. Seeing the trippy interpretations of the Watchers and Enoch himself have been entertaining and each new stage is more interesting than the last. Combat is kind of a weird mix bag, definetly falling into the "easy to use, difficult to master" category. I'm having a hard time putting it down and the game is absolutely bizarre, the first 20 minutes are pure "W-T-F-?-!" and I loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron has been keeping me busy. Its an action game that combines the Apocrypha Book of Enoch with heavy does of acid. It's not often the audio/visuals of a game impress me enough to want to continue on but good god, this game is like some kind of art candy that is rotting my brain and I adore it. Seeing the trippy interpretations of the Watchers and Enoch himself have been entertaining and each new stage is more interesting than the last. Combat is kind of a weird mix bag, definetly falling into the "easy to use, difficult to master" category. I'm having a hard time putting it down and the game is absolutely bizarre, the first 20 minutes are pure "W-T-F-?-!" and I loved every minute of it.
    I was wondering what kind of game this would turn out to be. Reviews weren't exactly positive, but I dig the psychedelic stuff I saw in the trailers. Would you recommend it?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

^ As long as you are not looking for deep mechanics, you're okay. As an action game it's neither technical like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, nor is it flashy and over the top like GoW. I'd definetly recommend trying out the demo first cause I can see most people feeling it's a bit lacking. Granted I'm not terribly far into it, so that may change, but I would say if you're someone who kind of enjoys stuff like Suda 51's titles, this game might be up your alley. It's actually kind of challenging, which is a plus.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Taking a crack at the Serious Sam franchise... I'd say these games are hysterically fun, but that would be a massive understatement.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Final Fantasy IV on my smart phone sometimes, I'm at the part where I must go to Mt. Ordeals and turn from Dark Knight to Paladin (one of my favourite parts of the game).

Heroes of Might and magic III on PC. Haven't played for a while and I thought that I should finish the Shadow of Death campaigns. I'm currently at the Unholy Alliance campaign and it is tough, I am stuck at the Barbarian Brothers scenario.

All the scenarios where your main hero is Crag Hack is difficult... He is all nice and strong but the map difficulty is just tough. Hordes of monsters are guarding every mine and other small stuff and the starting troops are just pathetic.

(SPOILER)No wonder actually, everybody got owned by Sandro.

Just finished the GTA Vice City storyline. In celebration I took a white Comet and strolled down the boulevard.

Now I'm continuing my second playthrough in Deus Ex: HR, and I'm getting a whole different experience than before. I love it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Skyrim has pretty much devoured my soul at this point, so that's aaaallll I'm playing.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I finished Dragon Age II! I can see now why it disappointed so many people. I'm happy with it, but I don't know if I'd say the same had I bought it at launch, full price. There were some wonderful changes, and some not so wonderful ones. I was really looking forward to the next entry, but I heard they were looking to Elder Scrolls like games for inspiration and those aren't really my thing. My favorite part was going through the game a second time with the "bad" import and finding Alistair in The Hanged Man. "It's just a stupid club where everyone talks about their taint."

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Trying to play more vidya again now that I have some time off. I've been playing Jamestown, and it is fantastic.

Been playing Skyrim, Alice Madness Returns, Battlefield 3, and have been putting a lot of time into Legend of Dragoon. Sucks that classes started back up, now i will be down to playing an hour or 2 a day, instead of 4 or so.

Popped in Final Fantasy Tactics yesterday, played like 12 hours straight!
    I'm at the Golgorand Execution Site right now. My party consists of a Summoner, Oracle, Lancer (Ramza), Monk and a Geomancer. They are all around lvl 14.
    (SPOILER)This playthrough I'm going 100% I think. I'm going to do all the side quests including propositions and Midlight Deep.
    I have not done those 2 side-quests ever. The Midlight Deep without a guide is just impossible. I once spent 2 hours on the second level and I never found a way down.

The propositions just feel pointless, but I haven't done them yet so, why not try?

I believe that I will max out all the classes before the Midlight, but that's going to be annoying.

EDIT: Wow, Summoner learned Leviathan and it did like 270 damage on Gaf. That reminds me that I should steal the Blood Sword first. So I'll restart...

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In my attempt to play through all of the Metal Gear Solid games in chronological order (got bored during my winter break from college) I have now finished Metal Gear Solid 3 and Peace Walker, and have just started Metal Gear 1 today. It's surprisingly a lot more addicting than I thought it would be. As this is my last week of break, this semester is shaping up to be pretty busy, and there's generally always people hanging out with my roommates and I in the dorms,I probably won't have the chance to MGS 1, 2, and 4. We'll see what happens though.