Page 97 of 240 FirstFirst ... 477787919293949596979899100101102103107117147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3595

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Currently trying to best the Feral Chaos Manikin in Dissidia Duodecim 000 storyline. I'm building up my army... sadly one of my favorite characters is in-viable for the battle against him, and I suck at fighting this guy too.
    I currently have...
    Man Lv. 100s are easy to get when you learn the tricks
    Lv. 100 Firion (Solid option, lots of viable Brv ~> Hp attacks, and can snipe from the top of the stage with his bow)
    Lv. 100 Cloud (Omnislash Brv. to Hp link, need I say more?)
    Lv. 100 Warrior of Light (Easy Brv. to HP links... and shield of light may potentially be useful)
    Lv. 100 Gabranth (Sadly my weakest link for this fight)
    Lv. 100 Vaan (May actually use him in the fight... didn't think he'd be viable until I thought it over. Windburst and Torrent spam may just put a dent on the guy... or get me killed)
    Lv. 100 Emperor (FCs massive size makes him near unable to dodge his traps, and if I can keep level headed he could be very useful... even w/o starfall spamming)
    Lv. 100 Kain (Could possibly be amazing, but very easy to screw it up/quite reliant on a decent assist... which I can't choose for the match)

Sadly, gabranth is nearly entirely useless in the battle, due to his strength being in building up high amounts of brave (and after a set time brave attacks do 0 damage to FC), not to mention the 8 or so seconds it takes for him to be able to even use HP attacks, so I may mass level Terra/Yuna/Bartz so I can just cheese that fight and get on with the game.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Planetside 2

Not enjoying it but got a case of peer pressure going on. I generally suck at FPS games do that doesn't really help in a competitive MMOFPS like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Planetside 2

Not enjoying it but got a case of peer pressure going on. I generally suck at FPS games do that doesn't really help in a competitive MMOFPS like this...
    One of my friends said he was downloading that earlier today (well, technically last night). I decided to download it myself when I got home since it's F2P and everything, although I also fail miserably at FPS games. But hey, I figured there will probably be enough people in a single game that nobody would notice a single nooblord like myself dying left and right anyway.
    Feel free to add me on Steam and I can join you if you don't think you're failing hard enough. You can find me via the EoFF group, or through a few of the members' friends lists.

My life is currently consumed by Xenoblade. And it is glorious.

Just finished MGS4. This was definitely not a good as I remembered it to be.

Warning, long angry rant
    First of all, the controls are way too complicated to make the player act or feel like a legendary soldier. Second, jesus the pacing is off. I finally understand why people say Kojima is the exact opposite of a poet: he barely says anything with seemingly an infinite amount of words. The points that do matter (and there's a lot of meaningful stuff in all MGS games) like the war economy, ID control, information control, manipulating the masses, trading human lives for profits and the corrupt monetary system all drown in the jibberish that surround them (like Raiden's emo story about rain or lightning or whatever the tit that was about). And don't forget they make you watch cutscenes featuring only Snake choking/smoking for minutes, or the beast bosses scream/laugh for way way way too long.

It could've been a real eye-opener to everyone, but damn they've made it hard to understand the core of the story.

The happy ending is obviously ridiculous. The long hard journey the main characters make loses all impact when everyone shows up happily after losing both arms, getting crushed by a colossal ship or taking 2 full magazines to the chest. Raiden should've died. Meryl should've died. Johnny should've died. Snake should've died.

Even though they pulled some cool tricks gameplay wise to actually trigger some emotion (like the final corridor and the final fistfight), these brief moments definitely do not outshine the tedious amounts of slug that's in between. I will not be playing this again anytime soon.

Now I'll return to the one and only true path of Dark Souls. Which barely speaks a word and still goes deeper than anything I ever played. Thank you for listening.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 11-25-2012 at 09:02 PM.

just started up Zelda: Twilight Princess again today. i smurfin love tears of twilight and fetch quests

actually the only thing that gives it any replay value at all is the ability to skip cutscenes so it's not that bad

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally started playing Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I just finished the first forest temple and met Giraheim or whatever he's called. So far I have mixed feelings about the game. The plot hasn't quite grabbed me like Twilight Princess' story did and so far the overuse of the Wii Motion controls have made the puzzles a bit underwhelming. I also can't stand flying. The world is very interesting and I like the idea that for once, the legendary mythical land is actually you're homeland so that's an amusing angle. It's still fun and quirky. I like they kind of lampshade that it's the 25th anniversary for the series within the story, yet I can't shake how much I felt Twilight Princess was better. Midna is still the best companion Link ever got stuck with, whereas Fi is just kind of there, and she's been taking lessons from Navi on how to be annoying and useless about information.

I also feel it's weird cause the game is harder in some ways, and yet I feel like they designed it to be easier, probably to compensate for the full Wii Controls. I'll keep going along but me thinks I may be switching over to The Last Story not too long from now. I've also been finishing up a file of FFTactics.

I am playing Dawnguard.... The final fights are epic, but the last boss got glitched for me so I rage quitted. I am going to try again later.
    I was also stuck in Soul Cairn for 4 hours or so, trying to find the missing pages for Jiub, who also was in the beginning of Morrowind. I felt nostalgic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I played Frog Fractions the other day, which takes about 30-60 minutes to complete (I forget how long it took me) and I suggest everyone go and search for it and play it immediately. It's an online game and it's free, so no excuses! Go! Play! Enjoy!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Started a new Vagrant Story game. I still love the atmosphere, battle system and weapon upgrade mechanics. Two hours in and I have reached the first workshop. I stray from my normal tactics a bit and try to use crossbows and two-handed weapons a bit more.

Edit: the similarities with Dark Souls are also apparent and fun to figure out.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 12-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.

I started playing Heroes of Might and Magic III again.
    I continued where I left off and finished the Armageddon Blade campaign. It was pretty easy. Next campaign I am trying to conquer is Dragon's Blood, the first scenario is quite difficult, but I like it. It makes me think through anything I do.
    (I hate Dungeon )

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

to make space for teh thq pack i decided to delete all the other stuff on steam i've finished. then i realized i never finished bioshock so im playing ti now.

I REALLY LIKE IT
    way more than i did before
    glad i soldiered on with it

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    After that, part of me was hoping to finally start playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together but I'm also incredibly hesitant cause this game has been getting so much praise from people lately that I feel I'm going to walk away a bit disappointed if it doesn't just blow my mind, so I may hold off until the hyperbole around here ends and just finish Persona 2 and 3 instead.
    It probably won't blow your mind, it's just more of what you've come to expect from Matsuno and his close circle, and it's their latest project.

I've been replaying it myself down the Lawful story path (Chaos the first time) and between coming across another one of the very challenging battles and having a ton of new classes that need some grinding, I'm probably gonna put it to the side for a few days.

I booted up Oblivion last night to check out my file and I came to the same hard realization that stopped me from playing Fallout 3 after the Vault - I really couldn't possibly care less about any of the quests in my quest log. I need to get back to the main story, but I was a little underlevelled, which put me on the whole sidequest kick for a bit. Still, the mods have been glorious and make it very nice to play.

Despite being a hardcore mega dudebro extreme who only cares about his Kill : Death ratio and how many prestige levels he has, I actually put multiplayer aside and started the campaign in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I'm actually pretty impressed. The 1980's flashbacks are just more of the same as the first game: gritty and awesome, but I've already been through all that. The main 2025 story is pretty glorious. It's a lot like that AAA blockbuster, best of the best you'd come to expect from an Uncharted - really awesome game moments you're glad to have been a part of. All of the changes they've brought like branching storylines, customizable equipment and the Strike Force missions have been appreciated, and the narrative is actually really emotional. I give Treyarch a solid A for this one.

I've been thinking hopping back into Guild Wars 2 is long overdue, just have to motivate myself to do it...

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

borderlands 2 on ps3. feel free to join in!
    My username is bandicootking, right now im in the badass crater of badassitude.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

finished bioshock.
    vgood