Page 135 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3585115125129130131132133134135136137138139140141145155185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3593

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

played The Last of Us for an hour or so.. i still have to get in it.. im horrible at being sneaky and stealth

the first 5 min of the game, when you see how the infection ´started´.. it was sad

Blog Entries

My friend just gave me Dirt 2 so I dug my old Logitech controller out and mapped it last night and have been racing around the world since!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Skyrim and Sonic After The Sequel today. Skyrim doesn't like major cities much. SATS is amazing, it's actually old-school 2D Sonic Tier.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Massive amounts of Sonic today - various games. I was in one of those moods where you've just gotta go fast.

Just strated Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. This game is awesome

I started to play Sonic Generations. I saw videos on youtube and think the game is really great.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love Sonic Generations! It's definitely one of the strongest Sonic titles in recent memory. Playing it in 3D is a blast

I played the FF XIV beta and loved it, I wonder if there is another phase and when.

Otherwise I am playing Valkyrie Profile. I spent like 2-3 hours in Sunken Shrine solving the puzzles that I forgot about and fighting tough monsters. I really hate those flying eyeballs.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread could use a major bump!

I've been playing (and raging at) FTL and also reinstalled Galactic Civilizations II to play that for the first time in a good long while. Had some fun winning that via tech victory!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Final Fantasy IV and IX.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Right now, I have mostly been playing Final Fantasy XIII-2. Almost finished with that!

I've also been playing: The Last of Us, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Arkham Asylum, and always Just Cause 2

Blog Entries

Guild Wars 2 as always, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Jet Moto

Project XZone. Currently like, 22 hours in. It came out Tuesday.

Final Fantasy Type-0

I picked up a Japanese copy of this game, in anticipation of the upcoming fan translation. And, oh-my-gosh, it is amazing. It is one of the most fun FF games I've played in a long time, and I don't even understand most of the dialogue or systems.

It's not perfect. While the graphics are pushing the PSP to its breaking point, if it were ported to the Vita, PS3, or PS4, it would be absolutely breathtaking, because its aesthetics are great. The camera controls are also a little frustrating, since the PSP only has one Analog stick, but the ability to lock on to foes does help it a ton, and keep it from being too frustrating (a lock-on toggle would be nice, but for all I know, the game actually has one, and I just can't read enough Japanese to find the option).

Apart from those points, however, the game is great. The combat is incredibly fun, and I don't even know all the details. I've figured out most of the basics, and even Countering, but I don't know any of the customization details, and I can't be sure I even know all the commands. Ace is probably the easiest of the characters that I've seen so far to play, as his basic attack is ranged (very helpful, especially since enemies can be on ledges or other places you can't reach, and he doesn't have to rely on Magic to get them).

The story (what I can understand of it) is really, really interesting. The game starts in the middle of an invasion of the country of Suzaku by the Milites Empire (there are four major countries in the game). Each country has its own crystal which can be used to draw special powers. Suzaku's crystal is the crystal of magic, so its armies are more traditional medieval warriors and such, wielding magic and riding war chocobos. Milites has the weapon crystal, so its armies carry firearms and use mechs. The crystals can also create l'Cie (they work somewhat differently from the way they did in XIII, but the basics are familiar). These l'Cie are bound to the will of their Crystal, being given a Focus and a lot of incredible power. It was an attack by Milites's l'Cie which broke into Suzaku and kicked off the plot. Among other powers (like animating an army of mechs), the Milites l'Cie seem to be able to power an anti-magic field generator, which is responsible for Bahamut's ignoble defeat in the trailer.

The story follows "Class Zero", a class of military cadets from Suzaku who carry some strange powers. They possess, among other things, the ability to tear MP from the bodies of their fallen foes, and a seeming immunity to the anti-magic field, which allows them to drive off the opening invasion.

So I'm really enjoying it so far, and I am really flabbergasted by the fact that it started as a cell phone game. This game is too ambitious for the PSP, it's way too much for a cell phone. This really is one of the best games that I've seen from Square Enix in quite a while. You could port this game to a full console easily (though I'm hoping for a translated Vita port, if we ever get an official localization), and, if promoted, this probably would have been one of the most beloved Square titles since the Playstation days.

If you can get a copy, do so. It's well worth it. And I cannot wait for the translation.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Final Fantasy Type-0

I picked up a Japanese copy of this game, in anticipation of the upcoming fan translation. And, oh-my-gosh, it is amazing. It is one of the most fun FF games I've played in a long time, and I don't even understand most of the dialogue or systems.

It's not perfect. While the graphics are pushing the PSP to its breaking point, if it were ported to the Vita, PS3, or PS4, it would be absolutely breathtaking, because its aesthetics are great. The camera controls are also a little frustrating, since the PSP only has one Analog stick, but the ability to lock on to foes does help it a ton, and keep it from being too frustrating (a lock-on toggle would be nice, but for all I know, the game actually has one, and I just can't read enough Japanese to find the option).

Apart from those points, however, the game is great. The combat is incredibly fun, and I don't even know all the details. I've figured out most of the basics, and even Countering, but I don't know any of the customization details, and I can't be sure I even know all the commands. Ace is probably the easiest of the characters that I've seen so far to play, as his basic attack is ranged (very helpful, especially since enemies can be on ledges or other places you can't reach, and he doesn't have to rely on Magic to get them).

The story (what I can understand of it) is really, really interesting. The game starts in the middle of an invasion of the country of Suzaku by the Milites Empire (there are four major countries in the game). Each country has its own crystal which can be used to draw special powers. Suzaku's crystal is the crystal of magic, so its armies are more traditional medieval warriors and such, wielding magic and riding war chocobos. Milites has the weapon crystal, so its armies carry firearms and use mechs. The crystals can also create l'Cie (they work somewhat differently from the way they did in XIII, but the basics are familiar). These l'Cie are bound to the will of their Crystal, being given a Focus and a lot of incredible power. It was an attack by Milites's l'Cie which broke into Suzaku and kicked off the plot. Among other powers (like animating an army of mechs), the Milites l'Cie seem to be able to power an anti-magic field generator, which is responsible for Bahamut's ignoble defeat in the trailer.

The story follows "Class Zero", a class of military cadets from Suzaku who carry some strange powers. They possess, among other things, the ability to tear MP from the bodies of their fallen foes, and a seeming immunity to the anti-magic field, which allows them to drive off the opening invasion.

So I'm really enjoying it so far, and I am really flabbergasted by the fact that it started as a cell phone game. This game is too ambitious for the PSP, it's way too much for a cell phone. This really is one of the best games that I've seen from Square Enix in quite a while. You could port this game to a full console easily (though I'm hoping for a translated Vita port, if we ever get an official localization), and, if promoted, this probably would have been one of the most beloved Square titles since the Playstation days.

If you can get a copy, do so. It's well worth it. And I cannot wait for the translation.
    hmm.. last thing i read was that they pretty much canceled the release and translation for the other country's
    since i can read/understand japanese.. its a bit hard to play