Page 53 of 240 FirstFirst ... 33343474849505152535455565758596373103153 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Still playing the never-ending Football Manager 2012 - I've taken F.C. United of Manchester up from the Northern Premier League (ie, one below Conference North) up to League One and I'm currently buying a few players to boost my squad up. That's four consecutive promotions (1st, 1st, 4th and 2nd - playoffs got me through to league two when I finished fourth), so I'm pretty happy with myself. I haven't signed any famous players yet, and I won't have the budget to for some time - the most well known player I've had was probably Eddie Malone for the past few seasons, who used to play for Dundee and St. Mirren. xD I've almost signed a couple of famous names as coaches, though, but their wages demands are what I would describe as out of proportion with their ability.

Fingers crossed, I'll get another promotion, but at this stage I'm not counting on it. I'm hunting down a striker to finalise my squad (although I may get a backup right winger) for the upcoming season. I beat Celtic 3-0 in a friendly.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Finished Uncharted 3 a few days ago. I think it's easily as good as Uncharted 2 despite some strange difficulty spikes in a few parts of the game, and a somewhat underwhelming final boss (not sure if that's better than a pain in the ass final boss though).
    ow that i think about it, all Uncharted games have the same formula xD
    Drake smells some gold, he gets there while hunted by someone, and than the place gets blown up (in some way).

But whats the deal with Elena?
    i thought at the end of UC 2 they were together? it doesnt really get explained in UC3

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    But whats the deal with Elena?
    i thought at the end of UC 2 they were together? it doesnt really get explained in UC3
    It's not overtly explained but there are hints throughout the game at what happened. (SPOILER)They clearly got married given how prominently they mention they both had rings, but prior to the game they split up. It's not explained why they split up, though Elena mentioning several times that Drake doesn't have to prove himself to anyone, and trying to get him to not ask Sully to go on this hunt with him leads me to believe that Drake couldn't let his obsession with risking his life to find lost treasure go, though Elena probably wanted him to stop jumping headlong into danger every time the opportunity presented itself. It actually makes for what I think is one of the nicer moments of character growth for Drake in the series. At the end of the game when they're hauling the brass container out of the water there's this curiosity in not only the player, but probably in Drake as well. You want to know what this is all about and what is in the container that caused the destruction of the city and its people. But at this point Drake is past the need to satisfy his own curiosity. All he cares about is saving Sully and getting the hell out of there, so rather than see what's inside, he destroys the crane and lets it sink so the bad guys can't have it. This is punctuated again by Drake himself when he says he has nothing to prove anymore a couple of scenes later.

It actually makes me wonder if they'll ever do another sequel. There's certainly plenty left to explore in the Uncharted fiction, but there's a certain feeling of finality to this story in my mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It actually makes me wonder if they'll ever do another sequel. There's certainly plenty left to explore in the Uncharted fiction, but there's a certain feeling of finality to this story in my mind.
    There's definitely more to the story, so I'm sure there will be more games beyond U:</>GA. However, like yourself, I'm not sure if it will be a sequel or another prequel. There is an insane amount of room for prequels - we've seen him meet Elena and Sully, but we haven't seen him meet Chloe or Charlie, and there is clearly at least a little more history in both cases that we haven't had properly explained. I think we'll hopefully see games that cover off such things in the future... I mean, not because they have to, but because there is so much money to be made and there is definitely room for such things without destroying the script of the games set in the "future".
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

yeah your right.
    i personaly dont think that UC3 is the last we've seen of Drake

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    There's definitely more to the story, so I'm sure there will be more games beyond U:</>GA. However, like yourself, I'm not sure if it will be a sequel or another prequel. There is an insane amount of room for prequels - we've seen him meet Elena and Sully, but we haven't seen him meet Chloe or Charlie, and there is clearly at least a little more history in both cases that we haven't had properly explained. I think we'll hopefully see games that cover off such things in the future... I mean, not because they have to, but because there is so much money to be made and there is definitely room for such things without destroying the script of the games set in the "future".
    Indeed, I think there's plenty of room for prequels like what they're doing on the Vita. Like you said, there's plenty there with Chloe and Charlie to explore, not to mention more to learn about Drake himself. Finding out that Nathan Drake isn't even his real name is quite surprising actually, and begs the question of if he even is the descendant of Drake as he claims. Sure it could simply be that he is but he had a different birth name but changed his name to honour his apparent hero worship of his ancestor, but that's a lot less interesting than having a real burning question there to tantalize fans. Why even mention it and then leave it hanging if they intended for it to be that simple? Either way, there's a rich world there, and I love the characters so I don't think (hope) that they're done just yet. I can't see them starting a new series until the next round of consoles either to be honest so we'll probably see at least one more Uncharted title.

I do hope that we see a bit more of a leap in quality with the next one though, because while U3 was great, playing it felt like playing Uncharted 2.5. It wasn't the same leap in quality from the original that the second was, and well that's understandable given the second game was damn near perfect. But I want them to change things up a bit rather than fall into the trap that a lot of annual sequels fall into and not changing enough. Especially since they spend two years on these games instead of doing one every year like Assassin's Creed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    There's definitely more to the story, so I'm sure there will be more games beyond UA. However, like yourself, I'm not sure if it will be a sequel or another prequel. There is an insane amount of room for prequels - we've seen him meet Elena and Sully, but we haven't seen him meet Chloe or Charlie, and there is clearly at least a little more history in both cases that we haven't had properly explained. I think we'll hopefully see games that cover off such things in the future... I mean, not because they have to, but because there is so much money to be made and there is definitely room for such things without destroying the script of the games set in the "future".
    Indeed, I think there's plenty of room for prequels like what they're doing on the Vita. Like you said, there's plenty there with Chloe and Charlie to explore, not to mention more to learn about Drake himself. Finding out that Nathan Drake isn't even his real name is quite surprising actually, and begs the question of if he even is the descendant of Drake as he claims. Sure it could simply be that he is but he had a different birth name but changed his name to honour his apparent hero worship of his ancestor, but that's a lot less interesting than having a real burning question there to tantalize fans. Why even mention it and then leave it hanging if they intended for it to be that simple? Either way, there's a rich world there, and I love the characters so I don't think (hope) that they're done just yet. I can't see them starting a new series until the next round of consoles either to be honest so we'll probably see at least one more Uncharted title.

I do hope that we see a bit more of a leap in quality with the next one though, because while U3 was great, playing it felt like playing Uncharted 2.5. It wasn't the same leap in quality from the original that the second was, and well that's understandable given the second game was damn near perfect. But I want them to change things up a bit rather than fall into the trap that a lot of annual sequels fall into and not changing enough. Especially since they spend two years on these games instead of doing one every year like Assassin's Creed.
    chanced don't always work out the right way (for everyone)
    i indeed to kinda missed that step forward in UC3.. unlike in assassins creed where they just seem to add stuff to make it easier.
    AC2 was perfect for me and i love it the way it is. but with some things in brotherhood and revelations i think like.... why? sure cool, but its getting to easy..

the fact that you could use the Brotherhood to attack ppl just kinda ruined it for me. it made it to easy!!! and becaus of that i didnt use it ^^

to me the bombs are not that useful, i prefer not to use them and do everything 'old style'

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Picked up a pre owned copy of Heavy Rain yesterday, can't believe it has taken me this long to play such an amazing "game" isn't even the right word it's more like an interactive movie!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Found a bean bag chair in a closet in my house. Now I don't have to sit in an uncomfortable wooden chair when I play video games! To celebrate I started a new file on FFX, my favorite in the series.

GRID, its challenging.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Okay I can't stop playing EU3 all of a sudden.

I keep binging on games. For a few days all I could play was FF3 and before that it was nothing but Skyrim. Currently, though, it's EU3 and glorious Portuguese Canada.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm playing Xenogears, which I am very happy about.

I just finished Halo reach-awesome game so now i'm gonna do it again on legendary and see how it works out hehe.

I've also started a file on fable 2 but i'm not impressed yet.

And ofc skyrim

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Played about 60-something hours on Skyrim then decided I've had enough. I play WoW from time to time but really, between games at the moment!

Started FFVI for the first time. HYPE!