Page 82 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3262727677787980818283848586878892102132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3593

Thread: What are you playing right now?

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

not sure if spoilerYou can't continue playing after the story is over, it ends there and you either have to start over or load a previous save.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finished Bastion today, and finished a play through of MGS4 late last night. The new complete install patch is a god send. My sister gave me Persona 4: Arena a bit early as she's missing my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Still working my way through FFX though the lack of skippable cut scenes is killing me when I just don't care some days.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I am playing so much World of Warcraft that it's silly. And yes, I do feel like a filthy casual.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I play League of Legends occasionally with friends. I play Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 competitively, so that is ongoing.

I gave Xenoblade a try a few weeks ago. I didn't like it enough to continue with it for now...
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Watched some video reviews online that got me in the mood for old Rare games. As a result I am now playing Donkey Kong Country 2 and Banjo Kazooie.

Chrono Trigger

Those smurfing Twin Golems! I am trying to beat them with Confuse and Lighting 2, Frog and Marle casting Double Cure, but when I fail once with the timing I am dead...

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    not sure if spoilerYou can't continue playing after the story is over, it ends there and you either have to start over or load a previous save.
    Just like Fallout 3 then!

FF1 on my phone (on a NES emulator; screw playing the difficulty-neutered iOS version) FF3 on my DS, a ROM hack of FF6 on an emulator that I'm currently chronicling in its respective forum, FF7, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake and Donkey Kong Country 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblet View Post
    Chrono Trigger

Those smurfing Twin Golems! I am trying to beat them with Confuse and Lighting 2, Frog and Marle casting Double Cure, but when I fail once with the timing I am dead...
    Don't use Lightning or physical attacks. That's like the absolute worst thing you can do to that boss because they automatically counter every single attack with something based on what you hit them with, and their Light and Physical counters are by far the strongest. What you really wanna do is have Lucca hit them with her strongest all-hitting spell and have Crono and Marle spam Aura Whirl. It's a bit of a crap healing tech but considering how little damage their Fire counter does you should be fine.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 09-11-2012 at 12:09 AM.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Just like Fallout 3 then!
    But fallout 3 dlc changes that. (the only fallout 3 dlc worth getting)
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post

Don't use Lightning or physical attacks. That's like the absolute worst thing you can do to that boss because they automatically counter every single attack with something based on what you hit them with, and their Light and Physical counters are by far the strongest. What you really wanna do is have Lucca hit them with her strongest all-hitting spell and have Crono and Marle spam Aura Whirl. It's a bit of a crap healing tech but considering how little damage their Fire counter does you should be fine.
    I beat them last time with that strategy I mentioned before though... But this time I changed the strategy. I started the battle with Lightning2, spammed Arc Impulse (1900 damage per hit), and cast Double Cure when my party was around 200-300 HP, that worked nicely.

So, now on-topic: played Chrono Trigger all day, made it quite far. Only 3-4 sidequests to do, then it is time for Lavos!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

uncharted 3

dead space 2

both amazin

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm currently replaying Final Fantasy 7
    I quite fancy buying Silent Hill Downpour when I get some spare cash, has anyone played it?

I finally assembled the courage to remove the Souls games from my PS3 and insert Metal Gear Solid 4. It's been about 3 years since I last played it and I always thought of it as one of my favorite games, but I don't think I can be as positive about this game as I used to be.

Long rant about MGS4
    It seems for every pro in this game I come across a con to balance it out. The opening sequence with the Gekko you have to avoid is stunning, thrilling and pure awesomeness in concept. However, the controls for this game feel too loose to handle a situation like this. There's a scripted bit where a Gekko jumps out of a wall somewhere in the level. Me, being the legendary soldier Solid Snake, figured I'd just quickly roll past him and roll into the doorway on the other side. Sounds perfect on paper, but the controls feel so loose this is what actually happened: pulled off the first roll, but I didn't get far enough so I pressed X again for another one. This however made Snake lie down on his belly. IN FRONT OF THE GEKKO. Doomed for sure.

Also, MGS has always been stealth for me and even though you get the option to run and gun in this installment, I don't want to. In stealth games there are a few basic rules to make it work: the player needs to get the time and intel to plan his move accordingly, and patience has to be rewarded. However, both of these rules get screwed over by the spawnpoints of endless streams of soldiers that only get triggered once you've moved past a certain point. Your entire move-planning goes down the drain, and your patience is obviously not rewarded. I'm only just past the FROGS battle and I already had multiple situations where I got pinned down or spotted by enemies suddenly spawning behind me, leaving no choice but to fight my way back out.

Then there's the cutscene where you meet Johnny and Meryl's team. Snake pulls off some awesome CQC moves and I'm thinking 'yup, that's the legendary soldier alright', but when the controls are back in my hands Snake immediately returns to being a clumsy tit. And therefore I'm a clumsy tit. It just doesn't give me the feeling I'm that superslick, stealthy infiltrator action hero this game is supposed to make me feel like. It's more like, pray you can pull this one sequence off without getting spotted for once.

I yearn for the tight controls and stealth mechanics of MGS1.

Blog Entries

I'm playing MGS4 on my PS3, I Am Alive on my PC and whatever I have in my 360. I'm also playing through Ocarina of Time again on the GC and Pop 'N' Twinbee on the SNES.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Aion and Chrono Trigger.