Page 27 of 240 FirstFirst ... 71721222324252627282930313233374777127 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Just about finished with Ocarina 3DS, and while I must say a lot of the 3D is pretty, albeit unnescessary, I find myself turning it off since it looks awkward if you aren't still enough, and I move quite a bit when getting into a game.

Also playing a little bit of Agarest 0, though I'm going through it fairly slowly due to speeding through the first game in order to beat it before playing the prequal.

In addition, I"m starting up Breath of Fire III soon so I can finally beat it. Don't know why I haven't, love the hell out of that game.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I've actually slowed down on SMAC enough to be able to play some other stuff. Mostly Europa Universalis 3, Civ 4 (usually multiplayer with MILF), and a handful of oldschool games (Sonic the Hedgehog, Final Fantasy 1 aka "GRINDAN" as like I to call it.) Also a dash of SimCity 4 here and there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh man, playing multiplayer Civ IV with your gf/bf. Do you play on the same side? Permanent alliances, or...? Danielle and I have probably had a good 100 games together so far, in a "co-op" kind of way. Avoids arguments (for the most part - we still have to decide who can have what area for their next town...)! Haha.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Usually we play some sort of free-for-all where it's us and several AI, but more often than not we end up teaming up by the end of the game. Sometimes it's with a permanent alliance, other times we just give each other all of our tech and have an "unofficial" truce.*

Lately, though, we've been playing head-to-head, which is fun and results in some delightfully close games! Sure, there's some trolling and disagreements involved, but it's all in good fun!

* Until MILF gets nukes, at which point it doesn't matter what team you're on, you're getting nuked.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Currently playing Batman: Arkham Asylum for PS3. I love the story and all the Batman tie ins. It creates an Arkham that is fit for Gotham City. The combat can be repetitive, especially the boss fights. With the variety of Bat-villains I expected some MGS level variety in the boss battles but so far I'm not getting it.

Also just started Final Fantasy: Four Heroes of Light for NDS. So far it's enjoyable though a bit cheesy.

I have also been playing Dissidia 012 for PSP. I found the 012 storyline to be pretty decent and I really enjoyed playing the new characters. The 013 storyline puts me to sleep though, and I'm finding playing the original Dissidia characters is not as fun (or maybe I'm getting sick of the repetition).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    * Until MILF gets nukes, at which point it doesn't matter what team you're on, you're getting nuked.
    That sounds like reasonable foreign policy to me.

I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night. I think I may do a blog post on it specifically at a later point but I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. Given how much of a bore the original was most of the time (I finally sat down and just ploughed through it to get to the second one) the jump in quality is nothing short of astounding. And I don't say this about any game ever really, but I'll probably buy the DLC soon.

If I have one quibble with the game it would be that characters just seem to drop off the map after awhile and then everybody just shows up towards the end with no warning. I would have liked to see more of all of the characters throughout the game, but at the same time I think that could have thrown the pacing off a bit. Overall a great game that's worthy of the praise it got. Hopefully in the next few months I can grab Brotherhood, and then the new one in November.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would just like to point out that she was not exaggerating. When I run out of other people to nuke, I nuke my own cities just to increase the kill count.

Let's see. Lately I've been playing the Human Revolution leak, Civ IV (Getting my butt kicked by Pike in the current game ), EU3, Darkest Hour, SimCity 4, GalCiv 2, New Vegas, San Andreas, and a little Minecraft.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

We never really get to the nuke stage, we (or more specifically, Danielle) tend to get bored and stop playing before then.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post

In addition, I"m starting up Breath of Fire III soon so I can finally beat it. Don't know why I haven't, love the hell out of that game.
    You have just invalidated any opinion about BoF you had for me, you can't say anything bad about Dragon Quarter cause you never finished BoF3 which is often considered the best game in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post

I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night. I think I may do a blog post on it specifically at a later point but I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. Given how much of a bore the original was most of the time (I finally sat down and just ploughed through it to get to the second one) the jump in quality is nothing short of astounding. And I don't say this about any game ever really, but I'll probably buy the DLC soon.

If I have one quibble with the game it would be that characters just seem to drop off the map after awhile and then everybody just shows up towards the end with no warning. I would have liked to see more of all of the characters throughout the game, but at the same time I think that could have thrown the pacing off a bit. Overall a great game that's worthy of the praise it got. Hopefully in the next few months I can grab Brotherhood, and then the new one in November.
    I can vouch for this, I'm in the second half of AC2 but taking some time off to finish some other titles. I was pretty confounded how much better AC2 was compared to the original and its practically in every facet of the game as well. I'm looking forward to the blog but place a warning about spoilers cause I'm still trying to finish it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Alice: Madness Returns

Probably the first game I've played this gen and said "Wow, this is long. when is it going to end?"
    I like Kung-Fu.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy X of all things. I've just beaten those 2 Ronso with Kimarhi. I don't remember this game being quite so easy though :/

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Final Fantasy X of all things. I've just beaten those 2 Ronso with Kimarhi. I don't remember this game being quite so easy though :/
    I always gave kimarhi the shaft so that battle always took forever. It's easy, just long repetitive and boring. I always overgrinded on ffx so the storyline was a joke for me.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I can vouch for this, I'm in the second half of AC2 but taking some time off to finish some other titles. I was pretty confounded how much better AC2 was compared to the original and its practically in every facet of the game as well. I'm looking forward to the blog but place a warning about spoilers cause I'm still trying to finish it.
    I think the jump in quality made more sense when I found out the development team had 450 people on it at one point. I've never even heard of a development team being that large so I assume Ubisoft's solution was to throw people at the game until it didn't suck like the first one. Certainly explains the massive jump in content and the very different feel of each city in the game.

magic 2012, new vegas and tiger woods road to the masters 2012

Replaying FFTA2 on Hard Mode which isn't really that hard, it turns out.