Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134184214224228229230231232233234235236237238239240 LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3592

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiara View Post
    For sure! The battle system becomes kind of broken as the game goes on (scouts, in particular, become absurdly overpowered, and I found that the demolition order basically rendered the entire lancer class obsolete), but it’s so much fun to play that I hardly care. Definitely going to continue with the rest of the series once I’m done with this one!
    The later games balance the classes better but Scouts are still great. I actually think VC 2 & 3 are overall better than VC 1, but they are PSP games and VC 3 only came out in Japan. I played a fan translated version of VC 3 and it was really fun. I haven't tried VC 4 yet but it's on my shelf.
    I'm actually about eight hours into 3 just now. I tried moving straight on to 2 after I finished the first one, but while I appreciated the improvements it made gameplay-wise to VC1's formula, it felt like such a big departure tonally from the first game, and it wasn't really what I was looking for in a sequel. I might give it another go somewhere down the line when I feel ready to approach it more on its own terms.

Really enjoying 3 so far, anyway! I'm not a huge fan of how many generic battles it throws at you, and I kind of preferred the structure of the first game, where each compulsory battle is very much its own unique thing. But I can appreciate that the unique, large scale battles of the first game wouldn't have been practical on the PSP, and the game is still loads of fun to play, even when you're just slogging through the same maps against generic troopers. I also loved the cast of characters almost from the off, and it makes tons of really great improvements to the gameplay of the first game (I especially love the class change system, and how much more practical retreating / redeploying your troops is now). I can definitely see how you might prefer it to the first game despite the obvious technological downgrade when moving from PS3 to PSP.

And I had no idea that VC3 had been fan translated. That's really cool! I speak Japanese so I'm just playing it in the original language, but it always felt so weird that Sega hadn't localised the third game, especially as it was generally better received than the second. So it's great to hear that the whole series is available in English now.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

ah yeah I just started vc2 and I agree that the tone seems ridiculous right now... does this change?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

VC2 does get a little more serious but it is not the same warlike tone of VC1 and VC3.

I've recently been playing some old NES games on the Switch Online. There's a lot of great stuff in there. I've been playing Zelda 2, Startropics, Crystalis, Kid Icarus. They have a nifty rewind feature which is basically a cheat but it helps with the unforgiving difficulty of some of the 8 bit games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    VC2 does get a little more serious but it is not the same warlike tone of VC1 and VC3.

I've recently been playing some old NES games on the Switch Online. There's a lot of great stuff in there. I've been playing Zelda 2, Startropics, Crystalis, Kid Icarus. They have a nifty rewind feature which is basically a cheat but it helps with the unforgiving difficulty of some of the 8 bit games.
    ok im quitting vc2 then lol. sorry it's just too anime high school for a war story.

i love the rewind feature on old games re-releases. only way to get through megamans

Replaying FFIX, trying to use characters I've never really used (such as Quina) and doing the things I never fully completed (Chocographs/frog catching) to see how different the party feels compared to my old regulars Zidane/Steiner/Freya/Garnet.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries

DISHONORED 2 why is it running so slowly
    the combat kind of sucks on a keyboard and mouse but this is totally an exploration game first and foremost

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Continuing my SaGa love with Final Fantasy Legend 3 and Romancing SaGa Re:Universe.

With the announcement of SMTV, I'm also finishing up my playthrough of the original Shin Megami Tensei. Have to kill me some Hindu deities before I can have my throw down with Heaven and Hell.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Still playing Last Recode. I'm like halfway through Disc 3.

Also been playing Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

70+ hours into Persona 4 Golden. I think the end is finally on the horizon. I’ve enjoyed it, but with tighter editing and pacing it would be a shorter but even better experience.

Articles
    Blog Entries

started p4 two times... can't get into it

started p3 three times... and it's one of my fave games ever

so what I'm saying is I kind of want to start p4 again after dishonored lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

Been playing Dragon Marked For Death on PS4. Seriously a fun online coop game.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    started p4 two times... can't get into it

started p3 three times... and it's one of my fave games ever

so what I'm saying is I kind of want to start p4 again after dishonored lol
    Funny, it was the opposite for me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Dissidia NT and Animal Crossing New Horizon. It’s been so much fun! * ^ *

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got myself back into an Metal Gear mood, so I'm replaying MGS3 with the PS3 HD collection.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Fall Guys. Non stop. It's incredible. Send help.