Page 136 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3686116126130131132133134135136137138139140141142146156186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3593

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    hmm.. last thing i read was that they pretty much canceled the release and translation for the other country's
    since i can read/understand japanese.. its a bit hard to play
    I don't read Japanese either. Nevertheless, you can pick it up fairly easily, you just can't get too deep into the systems.

Not being able to read any of the ability names means I'm kind of out of luck for picking which abilities to train or even how to swap them out.

But Ace is easy to pick up, and the controls are really intuitive. Most of the systems will even explain themselves if you stick with it long enough.

Controls:
    L Button - Brings up the quick menu (let's me switch characters with <- and ->, but that's all I know about this menu)
    R Button - Centers camera behind player, or Locks on to a target (huge help, since it also lets you see Counter indicators)
    Analog - Movement
    D Pad - Camera (useless)
    Triangle - Primary Attack
    Circle - Special Ability (Unique to character, utilizes a gauge which charges as you attack)
    Square - Magic
    X - Block/Dodge

The gameplay itself is really fun. Like Kingdom Hearts but with no jump ability. Each character plays pretty differently, with different attacks and abilities. And you can at least tell where to go on a map without needing to understand the language.

As I said, I got this in anticipation of the fan translation (which I've plugged twice in the Type-0 forum but nobody seems to be interested in), which is looking really good, and the video previews of their translation can give you an overview of the setup, enough that you'll be able to tell what's going on as you play through (most of it, there is one set of scenes that are a little disjointed involving members of the Milites military, but since they don't interact with anyone I know, they could be doing anything).

Honestly, I cannot recommend this game enough. It really is some of the most fun I've had with a Square title in a long time. It's pulled a lot of good elements from all over their works (I can see influence from VIII, VII, Tactics [the original], KH, and plenty of others), and combines them into an absolute gem. Check out the promo vids on the translation page, and then try to get at least the Japanese demo. This game is great.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah, but i always play for the story so that wont do any good in Japanese :P

My mom brought me a game called Sacrifice, it is interesting so far.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I started Final Fantasy IV Advance a while ago. I'm now flying all over the world trying to find out where to go. I noticed a town called Mythril and an isolated cave next to it, but the latter seems unreachable.

The combat system is still a mystery to me. The damage dealt by attacks seems to be pretty random, ranging from 200 to 900 in some cases (against the same enemy). Sometimes a character randomly gets two turns in a row even though their ATB gauge reset (seems like a glitch). Many weapons have a rather absurd miss chance (Rosa is the only character who can reliably use bows).

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i wanted to play DMC again after The Last of us, but somehow im just really not in the mood for it...i just dont know what to do now that i finished that game :P

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Mortal Kombat, Arkham Asylum, Skyrim, and Jak and Daxter HD.

Yesterday I platinumed Zero Escape, Virtues Last Reward. If you own a Vita or a 3DS and/or like room escape games (it's less room escape and more mind trip story) you will love it.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Chronicles of Mystara and Marvel Heroes.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I was playing a ton of Endless Space but then I kept getting buttmad at it and rage quitting. Fortunately then the weekend hit so I got to play some FFXIV ARR I think I may end up buying it!

Now, for the first time ever, playing Alpha Centauri.

I did a test run basically to figure out how the basics of the controls worked, and now the real fun begins!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Star Ocean Till The End of Time

Once it stops bugging out on me I'll finish Disc 1.

This game does a lot of things to piss me off... but it has so much charm and depth I can't help but forgive it.
    I can't stay mad at this game.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Tokyo Jungle, mostly. I unlocked much of the predator class animals up to cheetah. Trying to get the bear (which you unlock through hyena) and the panther (which you have to unlock through the cheetah) is a bitch.

Also, I've been dabbling in Tekken Revolution. It's not bad. It's pretty good for a free-to-play, though.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

my destiny evades me magewarrior's Avatar

Playing some old psone classics on my android tablet with an emulator. Right now I'm playing Alundra which reminds me a lot of Zelda A Link to the Past. It's about a young man who can cross into people's dreams and must defeat boss battles and solve puzzles that are causing some of the townsfolk to have nightmares. It's a very action oriented rpg with many puzzle elements mixed in, very solid with a great story. And I'm also playing Arc the Lad 1 (part of the Arc the Lad Collection) the first game in the series is a lot like Shining Force except there's very little time spent exploring instead it focuses more on battles more than anything else although I must say this game is beautiful, some of the cutscenes are very good for a 2D RPG.
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/signature/sigpic26082_1.gif

"you are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Elder Scrolls Online. Beta looks awesome
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Nothing because I have to write this month and it's terrible

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to take a hiatus from FFIV because they died ;_____; and I want to protest.

But that's what I will be playing again in a few days.