Page 116 of 240 FirstFirst ... 166696106110111112113114115116117118119120121122126136166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3593

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ni No Kuni when I'm at home.

Temple Run 2 when I'm at work. What?
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    At home: Tomb Raider (2013)
    On the Go: Final Fantasy (Origins Remake)
    I'm contemplating buying Tomb Raider as my next purchase. What is it like? It looks a bit more like Uncharted these days.
    I think it's great so far. It's true, gameplay hardly resembles classic Tomb Raider, but it's not really like Uncharted in terms of gameplay either (parkour isn't really part of it, there's not a heavy focus on shooting, and none of the platforming is done for you like it is in Uncharted). It does have shootouts here and there and the occasional QTE, but the game is far more about finding stuff, hunting and surviving than it is shooting people, and when you do shoot people, it's presented as a method of survival, strictly self-defense, and is never glorified. In fact, there are moments when the game really feels like action/adventure meets survival horror.

If you like action/adventure games, or liked either of the aforementioned franchises, I highly recommend giving it a shot.
    I've heard pretty positive views all round in regards to this game. If I wasn't ridiculously skint trying to save for my holiday I'd definitely pick this up straight away. I've been dropping hints to my girlfriend (who has money to burn) whenever the advert comes on TV that I would love to get this game. It would tide me over nicely until The Last of Us is released.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think it has more shooting than DMKA implies, but he's right in that it's a different feeling in that you feel like you're doing it for the sake of survival rather than in Uncharted when you're doing it as part of a push into enemy territory for great treasure. But yeah, there are moments when you'll do a lot of shooting or beating people up or whatever. Either way, I would say it's a really good game that deserves to be played.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Man you guys. Euro Truck Sim is fantastic. So is Beat Hazard. OMG BEAT HAZARD IS SO FUN. It's a shmup but set to your own music

Pokémon Black 2.

Pokédex: Seen: 649; Caught: 649

Pokémon Master Cecelia

Infamous 2 and InFamous: Harvest of Blood. My save file on 2 was corrupted or had a bug where the game would freeze EVERY time I was doing a main mission so I could not progress. It took me this long to recover, almost 2 years, so I am starting from scratch and picked up Festival of Blood because I did not know if it contained spoilers to what happens after 2 or not.

Ni No Kuni will be played later on.

Tomb Raider has been put on hiatus for me because of the stupid parachute section that I can't beat.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I think it has more shooting than DMKA implies, but he's right in that it's a different feeling in that you feel like you're doing it for the sake of survival rather than in Uncharted when you're doing it as part of a push into enemy territory for great treasure. But yeah, there are moments when you'll do a lot of shooting or beating people up or whatever. Either way, I would say it's a really good game that deserves to be played.
    Heh, yeah, I wasn't as far into the game as I am now when I wrote that. There are quite a few fight/shooting segments, I realize now, but they're still presented in such a way that they blend perfectly into the rest of the game's survival theme.

I haven't finished it yet, but if it stays this good through the end, it's easily one of my new favorite games.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just picked up the Mass Effect Trilogy for cheap cheap, so gonna play 1+2 again and then I'll finally be able to play 3 for the first time

I'm playing Tomb Raider as well. I think I'm about 40% of the way through it. IT's pretty good. I don't like how blatant the "secret tombs" are though. They're standing right out in the open and the screen shoots this at my face:

SECRET TOMB NEARBY
    Thanks for ruining the "secret".

Additionally I would like if there was a bit more variety in the fighting animations. Shooting a guy's legs out with the bow is awesome, but after seeing Lara pull the same bigass rock out of nowhere as a finisher 20 times in a few hours, it gets old.

Some of the setpiece parts annoy me a bit as well. There are a lot of parts where it seems like you're inches away from death (crossing a log over a cliff, climbing a massive and broken ladder, etc.), but it takes from the immersion a bit when you realize you're not actually doing anything except holding the control stick in one direction and watching Lara freak out.

I do really enjoy the atmosphere of the game and the graphics are pretty great. I also like the depth and variety present in enemy conversations. Though I have some criticisms of it, I am enjoying it overall.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've been bouncing around between Morrowind: Tribunal, Diablo III, Dota 2, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, feeling lost now that I beat The Witcher... :freak:

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Halo 4;
    It's not as great as Reach was by any means, but it's still not anywhere near bad. I enjoyed the campaign thoroughly and found the dual online (War Games & Spartan Ops) experiences to be vastly entertaining in different ways. And while I miss the armor abilities from Reach and the way it handled I still enjoy the new abilities and I'm slowly adjusting to the variances in movement. On the plus side from bad changes there's considerably more unlockables such as armor, additional names to show ability and the weapon loadouts have improved greatly, we're talking full customization here. So all in all I miss Bungie's particular flair but these new guys have done a Class A job with the series we know and love.
    8/10

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ive started Tomb Raider.. so far im not that impressed about the gameplay type , perhaps its a little to not-tomb raider'ish..

But its only the beginning, so i hope ill find it better later on :o

Darksiders

Its awesome! Being a fan of Devil May Cry, I approve. This game is even badasser than DMC I think, but that's my opinion. I am about an half-way through. It is pretty challenging so far.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tomb Raider

Absolutely love it, I've been playing it non stop today and I have basically zero complaints.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Startin a game of Dota 2 with Vivi right.... now!