Page 40 of 240 FirstFirst ... 203034353637383940414243444546506090140 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

A friend loaned me Call of Duty: Black Ops for the week. I am enjoying it immensely.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aliens: Infestation!

pretty creepy :O

I'm currently playing

Final Fantasy (NES via Wii Virtual Console)
    Final Fantasy (iPod Touch)
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis)
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Game Gear)
    The Lion King (Genesis)
    The Lion King (Game Gear)
    Vampire:Master of Darkness (Game Gear)
    Psychic World (Game Gear)
    Phantasy Star II (Genesis)

I've been on a SEGA binge the last few months.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see...

SNES:
    FF Mystic Quest - Very weird game and my first time through, its so bad its good in a comical way. I'm going after the Water Crystal now and happy I got an upgrade for the bombs. I just wish the game didn't start throwing Random Encounters at me cause I actually liked the idea every dungeon has a set amount of monsters. I also like the "battle damage" visual display with enemies and kind of wonder why this never stuck with the main series. I was going to start Illusion of Gaia but the game looks like its going to be more involving than I first thought so its on the back burner until I lighten my gaming load.

DS:
    Dragon Quest V - I'm in adulthood and searching for the fire and ice rings so I can get the Zenthia Shield. My real goal is to get a Robo Hunter in my party. My main party consists of a Slime (who is more useful than I initially gave him credit for) a Slime Knight, and my Saber Cat. Its been a good game so far, maybe even one of the best DQ games I've ever played. I haven't decided who my bride is but I may be boring and just choose Bianca cause she seems like she's the "canon" one.

Final Fantasy VI Advanced - In the WoR, its been awhile since I watched the Floating Continent scene with the new script, and I really feel the script clears up some arguments about Kefka and his role in the plot. I just visited Terra in Mobliz and now I'm in South Figaro, getting ready to follow Gerad into the tunnels to find Figaro Castle. My party just hit level 30, and Sabin doesn't know any really useful magic, just whatever he gets when I actually equip an Esper when he's about to level up. For Celes, I was originally going to teach her every spell, but decided to make her a Paladin character so she only has healing and support magic, her offensive magic is restricted to what she learns naturally. Blizzaga can't come soon enough...

PSP:
    I was going to start AC: Bloodlines but the tutorial didn't impress me (as I suspected, the PSP and DS can't handle Assassin Creed's format) so instead I decided to finally take the plunge and dive into the Final Fantasy Type-0 demo, which has been a fun experience barring some hiccups with the camera and my inability to read Kanji. Persona 2: Innocent Sin will have to wait, I burned myself out on MegaTen games in the Summer so I'm going to wait until I can appreciate it more and besides, my current-gen consoles need love.

Wii:
    Final Fantasy on Virtual Console which has been a blast since I never got the satisfaction of playing through the actual NES version. My party is a Warrior, Black Belt, Red Mage, and Black Mage. It is obviously a party that specializes in total offense but its been fun going through without a White Mage and their ever so useful HEAL spell. I just finished Astos and now I'm using the KEY to unlock all the hidden rooms up until this point before tracking down the Sage and dealing with Lich.

I also plan on returning to Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen and Phantasy Star once I'm through with this.

For the Wii itself, Mad World for some mindless fun and I'm thinking of diving into The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess again because Skyward Sword is coming out soon and I actually really loved TP despite all the strange hate the game gets.

PS3:

Due to a recent thread, I went back to Valkyria Chronicles and I'm trudging along. I just wish I can get through a cutscene without rolling my eyes, but the gameplay is solid even when the game throws BS at you. I also discovered I haven't been using my money and XP for awhile so I spent most of last night just re-outfitting my unit and tank.

I'm also playing through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so I can get up to speed with the plot before AC: Revelations comes out next month. Ezio has officially won the award for the most entertaining equipment downgrade trope in video games.

Of course, I can kiss both games goodbye when Arkham City drops Tuesday. I still feel bad that I haven't finished Catherine yet, I think I'm only two puzzles and what I'm guessing is a final boss fight away from finishing the game.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Assassins creed Brotherhood.

ive noticed that in the first time i played i missed alot, becaus i almost only went for the main story!!
    thats wy i didnt like it 100%
    but now i do really like it since i aim to do everything, all side missions etc etc.
    it takes alot more time (wich is always good) and now i see the use of the Brotherhood, wich in the first x only anoyed me.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I started playing FF Mystic Quest too! I didn't want Vivi22 to murder me in my sleep

Playing a lot of FreeCell. Up to 50 straight wins, perfect record thus far

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Playing a lot of FreeCell. Up to 50 straight wins, perfect record thus far
    You have no idea how awful I am at that game.

My grandpa used to be boss at it, though, and I'd sit and watch him play and try to pick up his secrets. I never could. That's one of my fondest memories of my grandpa, oddly enough...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've recently been playing Dawn of War 2 and Gears of War 3 but I've been busy as hell lately so not much time for the games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My Mum was pretty wicked at FreeCell, but a 50-0 record? Wow, that's incredible.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I use undo a lot, if that helps. I never quit a game no matter how hard it is though. I'd be well into the 200s if the game wasn't a sadistic bastard. It pops up with a box whenever you have no more moves left like "oh no, poor you" but if you accidentally bump any key then it's like "oh so you quit? okay, chalk up a loss!"

smurfing FreeCell sonovabitch.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Playing my old game burnout takedown, the one from like 2005 you ask? I say smurf yes, and this game is still awesome.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by m4tt View Post
    Slowly working on my first platinum trophy with Dynasty Warriors 7.
    Finally got that platinum a few weeks ago, it took a lot longer than I expected. Now my ps3 is going to collect dust until Assassin's creed comes out..

I downloaded Terraria last week and I've been playing that a couple hours every day. I also downloaded Mother 3 this morning, it's pretty good so far. I'm hoping it's as good as Earthbound/Mother 2.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Ace Combat Assault Horizon and it's epic multiplayer modes.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ppff... fully played both Assassins creed´s and now ive got nothing thats interesting to play now on ps3 ..

maybe ill go on another x Uncharted 2

Heroes of Might and Magic III: Shadow of Death's campaigns