Thread: Diablo Immortal

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Diablo Immortal

So who has started burning money on this?

Heard u need 500k USD or so to max out a character.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have only played Diablo 3, but I'm sure Immortal has, at best, lazy and mediocre story and gameplay supported by truly outstanding predatory tactics that are a bold new step forward for this awful, lice-ridden industry.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I played it through to see the story, which honestly was actually much better than I expected it to be. The combat is fairly solid too but a lot of the fun modifiers are tied more to items than talents. Also has a couple of fun mechanic ideas in it's dungeons.

The monetization is awful but really nothing exceptionally different to most mobile games in general, and I feel like people are only dunking as hard on it as they are because it's made by Activision Blizzard. I've played mobile games with *far* worse monetisation (see: anything Disney has licensed out to a mobile game studio for a quick buck). Honestly I actually find Lost Ark just as bad in terms of having to pay for power but that's just me.

Overall, alright enough game let down by standard egregious mobile monetisation. I pretty much uninstalled it after finishing the story and starting paragon levels as I decided I'd rather just play DIII instead.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

NOWADAYS MOBILE GAMES MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE WORSE THAN DIABLO IMMORTAL?

Diablo III is an angel compared to this.

FFXIV Character

NA (Gungnir)

It's intriguing to hear about the dynamics of in-game economies, especially in titles like Diablo Immortal. While some players may opt for faster progression by investing in in-game purchases, others may prefer to take a more gradual approach, enjoying the journey as they progress.
    The notion of needing $500k USD to max out a character certainly raises eyebrows and highlights the potential for significant investment in the game.

FFXIV Character

NA (Gungnir)

Quote Originally Posted by AbigayleCosta View Post
    It's intriguing to hear about the dynamics of in-game economies, especially in titles like Diablo Immortal. While some players may opt for faster progression by investing in in-game purchases, others may prefer to take a more gradual approach, enjoying the journey as they progress.
    The notion of needing $500k USD to max out a character certainly raises eyebrows and highlights the potential for significant investment in the game.
    For those looking to enhance their gaming experience or streamline their progression in Diablo Immortal, you can try to Visit Boosteria for elite game boosting. Their expert assistance can provide valuable support in reaching your in-game goals more efficiently, allowing you to focus on the aspects of the game you enjoy most.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    NOWADAYS MOBILE GAMES MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE WORSE THAN DIABLO IMMORTAL?

Diablo III is an angel compared to this.
    You should see the microtransactions of my long term favourite mobile game Star Trek Fleet Command. To get to OPS70 which is the current maximum level the spend is horrific. Even players who have been playing for 5 years now struggle to get to OPS70 and to go above OPS51 costs thousands of pounds, going above OPS60 costs thousands of pounds a month! Average pack cost is £99.99 to unlock a single ship at OPS46 will cost you £900 to spend on. And that's level 1 which means that it will cost you several packs of ship parts to then max out