Page 204 of 240 FirstFirst ... 104154184194198199200201202203204205206207208209210214224 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3593

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

Final Fantasy XIV

Disney Infinity. I like the figures so I figure if Im going to collect them i might as well play the game too. lol

My sister just got Saints Row Gat out of hell. so that should be fun

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.

Ocarina of Time 3D

I caved and finally bought it. I only got it a couple weeks ago, but held off playing until the New 3DS. When I sampled it on the old 3DS, I could already see the "sweet spot" problems. The New 3DS more or less fixes the problem. I still see echoes of Navi and Link in dark places (I now realize that's probably why Nintendo brightened up Gohma's lair and tombs), and the only way to fix that it seems to almost turn 3D off. But that's no fun! I also noticed that turning on 3D loses some texture smoothness, but I only notice it when I'm t looking for it.

I've played the N64 game to death so I'm loving all the added details to the environments. They are beautiful! I've only just beaten Dodongo's Cavern and gotten my magic meter. But wow! The colours are rich and I like finding the "secret" posters just out of normal sight. Fun little discoveries. I'll probably skip Master Quest, though. I didn't like it on Gamecube, and I doubt an inverted layout will change my opinion on what I consider poorly redesigned dungeons.

Can't wait to play Majora's Mask 3D and replay A Link Between Worlds.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I may or may not have suckered the wife into letting me get Majora's Mask 3D. Thank god I have a 2DS so I don't have to be bothered by that 3D bulltrout though.

Picked up a Wii U today so even though I'm still working through Dragon's Dogma...and Final Fantasy III...I'll probably have to check out Super Mario 3D World tonight.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I may or may not have suckered the wife into letting me get Majora's Mask 3D. Thank god I have a 2DS so I don't have to be bothered by that 3D bulltrout though.
    You don't have to turn 3D on. It's completely optional. But then again, if you already have a working system that plays MM, then I guess that info still shouldn't matter to you.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know you don't have to turn 3D on with the actual 3DS, but if you buy one you're still paying for the feature. And personally, I can't stand the 3D so the money saved was nice.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

The Last of Us, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    The Last of Us, finally.
    Good one. Liked the characters and the overall storytellig even tho I felt the gameplay wasn`t up to par.

Just finished my replay of XII. After taking down Yiazmat (hadn't attempted it before), I felt that after such an epic fight it was the best moment to wrap it up and finish the game. Had a blast with the game, here is hoping for a HD remaster soon.

Next I am considering jumping to IX, since it is the only FF (excluding I-III) that I haven't replayed out of the main series (and sequels) in my current FF spree. But Ivalice still has my attention and jumping to Tactics looks tempting as well.

Which way should I go?
    Last edited by Egami; 02-15-2015 at 04:01 AM.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    The Last of Us, finally.
    Good one. Liked the characters and the overall storytellig even tho I felt the gameplay wasn`t up to par.

Just finished my replay of XII. After taking down Yiazmat (hadn't attempted it before), I felt that after such an epic fight it was the best moment to wrap it up and finish the game. Had a blast with the game, here is hoping for a HD remaster soon.

Next I am considering jumping to IX, since it is the only FF (excluding I-III) that I haven't replayed out of the main series (and sequels) in my current FF spree. But Ivalice still has my attention and jumping to Tactics looks tempting as well.

Which way should I go?
    The story (and more specifically the characters) is the key to the game for me. I think I was story-starved from forcing myself to play FFXIII, so this has been a breath of fresh air. The characters are wonderfully written.

As far as IX vs. Tactics, I'd go with Tactics. They're both great games, obviously, but if you're enjoying Ivalice, there's really only one choice. (and after FFT, you should play Vagrant Story).

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm playing Majora's Mask 3D too. I just got the Gilded Sword and am going to start the Lon Lon Ranch quests on this new cycle. This is about as far as I've ever gotten. So I'm pretty excited.

The story (and more specifically the characters) is the key to the game for me. I think I was story-starved from forcing myself to play FFXIII, so this has been a breath of fresh air. The characters are wonderfully written.
    Indeed they are and the voice acting is really great too.

As far as IX vs. Tactics, I'd go with Tactics. They're both great games, obviously, but if you're enjoying Ivalice, there's really only one choice. (and after FFT, you should play Vagrant Story).
    Yeah I think I'll pick up and replay Tactics since I did start replaying IX, got pass the first disc even; but I hardly have any motivation to continue with it. Game really doesn't do it for me. I finished it back when it came out but never really felt like playing it again. Vagrant Story is great as well, I have it around too; might revisit it some day as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm actually playing Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion right now for the first time. It's been really enjoyable, although I had to go through the annoyingly long tutorials to find out how to do some things. Still, I know now, so no need to go through all that again! Even after just one chapter I'm getting the impression that the story is going to be far better than that of XII. The downsides to it are that it's not as fun as FFTA was for me, and to my dismay the other races are apparently non-existant (or very close to it). I'm told they don't really feature. Gutted. I love the Bangaa race in particular, their design is awesome.

Music in the game is top drawer, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Been grinding through Majora's Mask, wasn't able to as much as I would have liked since it launched, but damn does it look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm actually playing Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion right now for the first time. It's been really enjoyable, although I had to go through the annoyingly long tutorials to find out how to do some things. Still, I know now, so no need to go through all that again! Even after just one chapter I'm getting the impression that the story is going to be far better than that of XII. The downsides to it are that it's not as fun as FFTA was for me, and to my dismay the other races are apparently non-existant (or very close to it). I'm told they don't really feature. Gutted. I love the Bangaa race in particular, their design is awesome.

Music in the game is top drawer, too.
    No other races, incredibly over-complicated combat mechanics, and a much darker story with some really detestable characters (if you like that sort of thing).

FFTA is so much better.

The original does have some fantastic music, though. I'll give it that.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Gameplay aside, I just feel the games are so incredibly different that I won't compare them too much and will just appreciate each for their own style and atmosphere.

Miss the Bangaa though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!