Page 17 of 240 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223273767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Right now playing Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. It's basically AC2 with some minor improvements, but nothing really exciting. It's still interesting enough to play though.

Also playing a bit of GT5 but that game kinda pisses me off in some ways.

On Steam I occasionally play The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom because it was only like 50 cent (lol) in the christmas sales. It kinda reminds me of Braid.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Donkey Kong Country Returns - beautiful game. Just goes to show you can still have entertaining, innovative, 2D platforming fun in this era. It's a complete throwback to the old DKC games which were some of the best for SNES. And the difficulty is ramped up a bit so that it's not just a breeze like DK64 was. I've spent 20+ lives on a single level, but fortunately lives (and bananas) are easy to come by.

There are some crazy levels, like the standard mine cart hopping, but also new things like levels with tidal waves wiping everything off the screen every 5 seconds. The interaction with the background is superb. My favorite level is the one where you can only see your shadowy silhouette against a beautiful sunset. It's gorgeous.
    I agree with this so much!
    Right down to the music, this game recaptured the magic of the old Donkey Kong games while still being new and like you said really,really hard.
    Especially towards the end, me and my brother lost like 30 lives including the ones we picked up on the way on just one level XD.
    Trying to play it again to get everything.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I just beat the first Uncharted (not bad, the direction Tomb Raider should have gone), and killzone 2.

I'm currently sucking ass at Super Street Fighter 4, and started playing Gran Turismo 5. I love Cammy, but I suck with her nowadays. I hate how you have to go through your license test every new gran turismo. Boring.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quite a few games actually...

PSP:
    Dissidia - Mostly farming for end game equipment
    FFVII - Picked it up on PSN and just having fun playing the old game on the go.

DS:
    FFVI Advanced - Two files, one I'm grinding everyone to lv.99 cause I've never done it before. The other is a more legitimate file, but its unique cause I'm trying to rush through the story so my party is a bit underleveled (or is it the right level? ) so I'm having a blast playing a semi-difficult version of the game.

PS2:
    FFXII - Finally started that second playthrough I've been talking about for four years now. Been having a blast and rediscovering crap I had completely forgotten about. Screw the naysayers, this game is gold.

PS3:
    I've been neglecting the system for a while now. My Wii is on hold until I get a few of these games under my belt.

Mirror's Edge
    - I'm very surprised how much I like this game, though I have to agree with Tycho Brahe from Penny Arcade that combat is the game's biggest weakness, it just doesn't mesh well with everything else in the title and I feel running is more fun than being forced to take out X amount of guards to proceed. Hopefully they will fix this in a sequel.

Demon's Souls - Stopped playing due to minor frustration and other crap irl coming up, so I picked it up again with the intent of finally beating it. I'm having a blast and I must commend the creator's cause they are right when they say the grueling difficulty creates a bigger sense of accomplishment than anything else.

Street Fighter IV - Couldn't find a cheap used copy of SSFIV so I settled with the original just to get the feel of the series. I could never get into BlazeBlue so SFIV is giving me a good taste of 2D fighting love. Even if the game feels archaic and incredibly slow. I've been spoiled in the last fifteen years since SFII so going "back to basics" is kinda a lesson of unlearning everything SFA, SFIII, and GGX has taught me. Online play has been fun, even if I am still a noob.

White Knight Chronicles - I was really skeptical about this game up until I discovered the combo system... It may be limited but good god is it fun to use. I've barely started the story cause I spending more of my time doing quests just so I can play with the combo system and power level. The character creation system is okay but I was more annoyed with them being relegated to nobody silent support character. If I had known this, I would have named my character Gogo or Kimarhi... The plot is very reminiscent of Vision of Escaflowne.

Little Big Planet - Yeah, I know the sequel is almost here but I've been having fun playing the original. Not very far into it yet. It's adorable though...

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Been playing the new Goldeneye 007 for the Wii. The story and gameplay is quite different from the original, as expected, but I am enjoying it so far! Haven't had the chance to try out the multiplayer though, but once my brothers come over to play, I'll get to that. Somehow I like playing FPS on the Wii as it feels more natural than playing on a standard controller.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mass Effect 2

Dear god I haven't been this hooked on a game in a long time.

Finished Red Dead Redemption 2 weeks ago. Awesome

Now I'll be finishing Bayonnetta real soon

Finished Enslaved last week, that was really enjoyable.

Started played a lot of Dragon Ball: Raging Blast again, having fun with that customizing and collecting the few remaining items and attacks.

Will get back to Uncharted soon.

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dragon Age: Origins and I hate it. I don't really know why either, I loved KotOR and Mass Effect.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Probably because it feels like nothing but a medieval fantasy theme mod for either games
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Have pretty much decided on the three games I'll play, and have already completed the campaign of Halo: Reach with smittenkitten at my side. It was really fun, I have to say, although I'm unsure if I prefer it to Halo 3. There were bits of both games I would have liked to see in the other. Great fun regardless.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is also great fun. I'm really enjoying myself and looking forward to times when I can game on my own. But over the past couple of days, most of my time has been spent on...

Final Fantasy VII on the PSP, as I want to replay it before I play FFVII: Crisis Core. Danielle is also playing the game on the PS3, so yay for mutual nostalgia.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Probably because it feels like nothing but a medieval fantasy theme mod for either games
    If it felt like a mod, it'd be great

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    It's mostly the characters. None of them, so far, are remotely interesting. After one conversation with each I used up all the options. Nothing new presents itself. And I absolutely hate Allistair! No, hatred isn't enough. I megahate this smurfer. Everything about him offends me.

The other reasons as to why this game is are a mystery to me.

FEAR. For some reason, I never played it. Very good so far.
    Final Fantasy VII, as well.
    Ohh, and Dragon Age: Origins.
    "We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
    The seasons have changed and so have we.
    There was little we could say, and even less we could do
    To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you."

Fallout 3 (Still)
    Fable 3 (Still)
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything