Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does XIII have the worst cast of all FF's?

Default Does XIII have the worst cast of all FF's?

snow and hope are the only mildly interesting characters (and thats not saying much).

i think this cast may even be worse than...VIII's :eek:
    Last edited by reinward; 06-02-2010 at 04:42 AM.

Blog Entries

No, I don't think so. I think FFX-2 was much worse (though I guess you can argue it was less of a serious attempt by SE to have a proper full-fleshed out cast and story). Yuna and Rikku lost a lot of the complexity that their characters had from X in X-2 and though Paine's story is pretty good IMO, I didn't really get it all down properly until the second or third playthrough. By comparison, characters like Sazh, Snow and Hope are pretty good.

Having said that, X-2 was still a lot of fun for me. Ditto XIII. I'm not really bothered by a lack of character development in the games I play, probably because I don't really play any other RPGs except FFs, so maybe I'm not the best person to cast judgement.

its cool. the only rpgs i play are FFs too lol

I think the characters are great, they have a tonne of potential, they're just not developed enough. You can feel that they rushed, but I like the balance.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I only liked Sazh, but even he irritating long before the end.

But to be perfectly honest, with the exception of the chars from FFXII and Auron from FFX, FF characters in general have failed to impress me since FFVI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think it's one of the best, actually. I didn't like the main characters in FFX at all, and XII's characters were okay but not amazing. I really enjoyed the characters in XIII - they were written out well, fully fleshed, good design (quirky without going to extremes) and most importantly, they had so much story and so many dimensions to them (for the most part). I particularly enjoyed Sazh and Vanille. Great characters with realistic personalities.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I think it's one of the best, actually. I didn't like the main characters in FFX at all, and XII's characters were okay but not amazing. I really enjoyed the characters in XIII - they were written out well, fully fleshed, good design (quirky without going to extremes) and most importantly, they had so much story and so many dimensions to them (for the most part). I particularly enjoyed Sazh and Vanille. Great characters with realistic personalities.
    I just had a good chuckle
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Okay. Sweet sounding girl who comes across as overly happy but is actually hiding all sorts of things. I've met a few of those. When I say unrealistic, I mean more like... royal princesses and strong knights. These kind of personalities don't really exist to my knowledge.

When I said design extremes, I'm talking pants with different sized leggings (hi Tidus), etc. Keeping in mind her design is around 600 years old, I don't think it's insane at all.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I disagree. I think Final Fantasy XII had the worst cast both in personality, weapons, and character design. Pretty much all the main characters were bleach blonde -- how boring.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think they are more fleshed out and lifelike than many previous FF characters.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I think these characters are some of the best to come from a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I disagree. I think Final Fantasy XII had the worst cast both in personality, weapons, and character design. Pretty much all the main characters were bleach blonde -- how boring.
    Ummm serah and lighting have pink hair....

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

She was talking about XII, not XIII.

Oooppps soz! Really should find my glasses! that "I" is really easy to miss when you're squinting!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Okay. Sweet sounding girl who comes across as overly happy but is actually hiding all sorts of things. I've met a few of those. When I say unrealistic, I mean more like... royal princesses and strong knights. These kind of personalities don't really exist to my knowledge.

When I said design extremes, I'm talking pants with different sized leggings (hi Tidus), etc. Keeping in mind her design is around 600 years old, I don't think it's insane at all.
    OK, i concede about the good designs - the characters dressed somewhat better than probabley any FF. Though Ashe in a short skirt > Lightening in a short skirt, and i miss frans hooker outfit

But Vanille having a realistic personality i just can't agree with. How many people do you know who bounce along oohing and aaahing at everything? Anyone over the age of 10 doing this would certainly be considered a little strange in reality