Thread: Can't belive it took me this long to post this, but I retired from FFXI in Oct. '09

Default Can't belive it took me this long to post this, but I retired from FFXI in Oct. '09

Yeah, I retired from playing FFXI in October of 09 due to the fact that I barely have no time to play it since I decided to go back to school to study Medical coding and billing. So I decided to make this thread to show what I have accomplished in my 3 years of playing. Let's start off with main job, which was 75 DRG. Here was the following items I have obtained:

1. Weapon: Thalassocrat(augmented with DEX+1 and Attack+5), Cletine(which I use when I'm soloing with /BLU sub)
    2. Subweapon - Pole Grip
    3. Ammo - Smart Grenade
    4. Head - Ace's Helm, Patroclus's Helm(fulltimed this before I got Ace's Helm), Voyager Sallet
    5. Neck - Peacock Amulet(took me 3 weeks to get this)
    6. Earrings - Fenrir's Earring(used it during it the day only), Ethereal Earring(stopped using Fenrir's earring to fulltime this), Brutal Earring, Dragoon's Earring(angon macro only)
    7. Body - Aurum Cuirass, Askar Korazin(which I used before I got Aurum), Assault Jerkin(which I used before I got Askar)
    8. Hands - Dusk Gloves(Augmented with DEX+3, VIT-2, INT-2), Aurum Gauntlets(fulltimed this until I got Dusk), Hecatomb Gauntlets(ws macro)
    9. Rings - Ulthalam's Ring, Rajas Ring, Flame Ring(ws macro)
    10. Back - Forager's Mantle
    11. Waist - Swift Belt, Warwolf belt(WS macro)
    12. Legs - Homam Cosciales, Aurum Cuisses(WS macro)
    13. Feet - Aurum Sabatons, Hecatomb Leggings(WS macro)
    14. Subjobs for DRG - WAR, SAM, BLU

Well these were my accomplishments for my character. As for the game itself, here is what I accomplished:

1. Completed CoP, RotZ, and ToAU ONLY as a 75 DRG
    2. Did Sky, Dynamis, Limbus ONLY as a 75 DRG. Obtained Dynamis-Xarcabard but I never did it.
    3. Took me only 1 or 2 tries on the following items: Assault Jerkin, Empress Hairpin, Bounding Boots, Askar Korazin, Mushroom Helm, Aurum Sabatons, Almah Torque, Dodo skin, Aurum Cuirass.
    4. Able to obtain Destroyers from Western Shadow(MNK was gonna be my next 75 job, but I was only able to reach 55 before I retired).
    5. Able to obtain the WS "Drakesbane" from Nyzul Isle
    6. Able to reach floor 80 on Nyzul Isle(my static disbanded for some reason, but I was content with reaching to floor 80)
    7. Completed CoP 6-4 WITHOUT the use of /NIN subjob.(Believe it or not, I used /WAR. I found Double Attack to be so useful. My NIN was gimped anyway, it was only 25 and it didn't have Utsusemi ><)
    8. Completed Divine Might and Apocalypse Nigh

So there you have it. These are my accomplishments in my 3 years of playing this game. I think I did pretty good. And the fact that I did all this stuff as a DRG(face it, it was my only 75 job ), I find that to be impressive. So what are your thoughts on my accomplishments? Do you think I did good or should I have done better?
    Last edited by Crossblades; 06-03-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

loldrg

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    loldrg
    >_>

/slap

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe we can all post our extended character profiles like you did. I'd be interested to see how others gear their characters (especially that gear elitist Ouch!) and what missions they've accomplished. I'll work on mine later.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Maybe we can all post our extended character profiles like you did. I'd be interested to see how others gear their characters (especially that gear elitist Ouch!) and what missions they've accomplished. I'll work on mine later.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

The list above is non-exhaustive. There are some more subtle gear changes involved for certain spells (a maximum INT+ gear set used for elemental debuffs or enhancing magic gear, for example) that are minute variances of the above and do not warrant the effort of creating a gear profile on FFXIAH.

As far as missions go: (Windurst) Rank 10, (Zilart) The Sealed Shrine, (Promathia) The Secrets of Worship, (Altana) The Long March North, (Assault) Lance Corporal, (Campaign) Starlight Medal), A Crystalline Prohpesy (Fin.), A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.), and Shantotto in Chains. Been slacking in these. Currently working on Wings of the Goddess to prepare for Visions of Abyssia; I'll go ahead and just burn through COP after the level caps are removed. I have no shame!
    Last edited by Ouch!; 06-03-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I don't have the skillz of Ouch! to create cool looking FFXIAH gear sets so I'll just list mine:

Character: Tmoney
    Race: Tarutaru
    Main Job: BLU
    Support Jobs: NIN, THF, DNC, WAR, RDM, WHM (but usually NIN)

Gearz
    • Main Weapon: Perdu Hanger
    • Sub Weapon: Koggelmander, Genbu's Shield
    • Ranged Weapon: Junior Musketeer's Chakram +2
    • Ammo: Bibiki Seashell
    • Head: Walahra Turban, Anwig Salade (STR +4 WS Acc +15, Acc +10 Atk +5), Mirage Keffiyeh, Magus Keffiyeh +1, Homam Zucchetto
    • Neck: Peacock Charm, Chivalrous Chain, Promise Badge
    • Ears: Suppanomimi, Brutal Earring, Minuet Earring, Ethereal Earring
    • Body: Mirage Jubbah, Magus Jubbah +1, Assault Jerkin, Errant Houppelande
    • Hands: Dusk Gloves, Pallas's Bracelets, Mirage Bazubands
    • Fingers: Rajas Ring, Ulthalam's Ring, Flame Ring
    • Back: Mirage Mantle, Smilodon Mantle +1, Amamet Mantle +1
    • Waist: Swift Belt, Warwolf Belt, Anrin Obi
    • Legs: Homam Cosicales, Mirage Shalwar, Desultor Tassets (Cure +5%, Movement +8%)
    • Feet: Homam Gambieras, Denali Gamashes

I'll go back later and color code this list for specific tasks. Also if I feel like it later I'll do PLD but I don't really play PLD anymore. BLU is too awesome!

Missions
    • Windurst Mission: Rank 10
    • San d'Oria Mission: Rank 10
    • Bastok Mission: Rank 10
    • Rize of the Zilart Mission: Completed (including Divine Might)
    • Chains of Promathia Mission: Completed (including Apocalypse Nigh)
    • Treasures of Aht Ugn Mission: Completed
    • Assault Rank: Captain
    • Wings of the Goddess Mission: The current last one (will get the name later)
    • Windurst (S) Mission: Current final one
    • San d'Oria (S) Mission: Blood of Heroes
    • Bastok (S) Mission: Current final one
    • Campaign Medal: Medal of Altana
    • A Crystalline Prophecy Mission: Completed
    • A Moogle Kupo d'Etat Mission: Completed
    • A Shantotto Asscention Mission: Completed
    • Dynamis: Defeated Dynamis Lord, have Tavnazania access
    • Limbus: Defeated Proto-Ultima and Proto-Omega
    • Sky: Defeated all gods including Kirin
    • Sea: Defeated all Jailers including Jailer of Love

Didn't even know you played FFXI.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Didn't even know you played FFXI.
    o.O I would post in the recent accomplishments thread for 2007-2009 and sometimes would make threads here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Legs: Desultor Tassets (Cure +5%, Movement +8%)
    Is this a new item from one of the last updates? Never seen it before, but overall, nice BLU gear

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

It's one of the three pairs of pants you can choose after beating A Shantotto Ascension; those are two of the many augments it can have. Interesting choice. More utility than the PDT-4% I see most people pairing with the movement speed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I don't use it for kiting, mostly just general running around, which you do a lot of in this game. So PDT-4% was kind of useless to me while 5% cure was useful since BLU does have cure spells.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Aye, exactly. I'm just not too sold on the PDT-4% for kiting unless you've already got a good chunk of PDT reduction gear on hand, and BLU doesn't have very many realistically obtainable pieces for that (at least none coming to me off the top of my head).