Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: More FF9 Riddles

A Place to Call Home?
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Need a name for your character, ability, item, or location. I might be able to help, see this entry for more information .

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwa Tsuki View Post
    A Place to Call Home?
    You got it! Good job!

Once I was there,
    That was long ago. (These two lines refer that everyone at one time is somewhere they call home.)
    The first thing I will do
    Is find it yet a again. (It is the first piece of music you hear in the game, before you even start playing.)

Wait lets explore,
    And strive to find.
    A soul, a stone,
    And a reflection of my home. (This entire stanza is asking you to actually play the game where you find each item. The soul references Soulcage, whom is found in the Ilfa tree, The stone is the Gulug stone found in Oeilvert, and the reflection of my home is the four mirrors found at Ipsens castle.)

It feels so close.
    But never quite the same. (Each tune played at the location is very similar to A Place to Call Home, as each uses the same motif.)

ichigo My turn!

That was a nice riddle, qwertysaur. I was only able to guess it because of Rantzien's guess being incorrect but pretty spot on.

Here's my riddle.

................Erratic is my heart, beating when he is nearby
    ...............Never before - felt this way about somebody else
    ............Intriguing is he, around him I'm incapable of thought.

....Zephyr blows eastward, forward
    marching today - our journey continual
    .......Appreciate this calm, nothing stays forever, chang
    es are abound
    Dally with disaster - eternally victorious, abundant danger - day-to-day life.

I am looking for one answer, and a person and the thoughts. There are already enough clues here, and take a look at the number of words in each line. The colors are because the bold, the italics, and the underline are not that great with the Courier New font, also, the dots at the being is so that this riddle keeps the form I wish for it to have.
    Last edited by Shinwa Tsuki; 06-15-2010 at 06:09 AM.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Need a name for your character, ability, item, or location. I might be able to help, see this entry for more information .

Eiko when she's at Madain Sari, making dinner for Zidane and the gang?

Nope, try decoding the hidden hints first.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Thank you
    Pulling out the four words and unscrambling them gets
    Dagger
    Garnet
    Summon
    Cities

I'm guessing the kidnapping of Princess Garnet to take her to Lindblum

ichigo Not quite...

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Thank you
    Pulling out the four words and unscrambling them gets
    Dagger
    Garnet
    Summon
    Cities

I'm guessing the kidnapping of Princess Garnet to take her to Lindblum
    No, it is not an event. You have the correct character, but I also wish for her thoughts. Who is she thinking of in the first verse, his name is there. And the second verse also has a link, but it is very vague and it is not an event of any kind related to the story - unless...

If you wish to, figure out way those five words are hints. Also, I wish to see your logic for the guess.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Ah I missed the fifth word that you linted to, Zidane.

The first part of the riddle is Garnet falling in Love with Zidane.

I guessed the kidnapping and traveling because you hinted at both Dagger and Garnet, and that is the part of the game where she changes names. She also is unable to use her summons fropm a story perspective (you can grind enough to be able to use them but it will not affect the story) and cities you go from Alexandria to Lindblum

ichigo Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Ah I missed the fifth word that you linted to, Zidane.

The first part of the riddle is Garnet falling in Love with Zidane.

I guessed the kidnapping and traveling because you hinted at both Dagger and Garnet, and that is the part of the game where she changes names. She also is unable to use her summons fropm a story perspective (you can grind enough to be able to use them but it will not affect the story) and cities you go from Alexandria to Lindblum
    Yes, that will do. Quite well in fact.

I was thinking more of traveling in general, and that cities would be her home and birthhome.

Also, is there a current FF7 Riddle thread?

Edit: Reasoning....
    ................Erratic is my heart, beating when he is nearby
    ...............Never before - felt this way about somebody else
    ............Intriguing is he, around him I'm incapable of thought.

This verse only relates to how Dagger or Garnet feels about Zidane, this is more closer the the end of the game. It could also be how Freya sees Fratley, or even how Eiko thought about Zidane when she first met him. The second line, refers to confusion - she never felt true love before. The third line was originally intended to be "Interesting he is, when I am around him I am unable to think."

....Zephyr blows eastward, forward marching today - our journey continual
    .......Appreciate this calm, nothing stays forever, changes are abound
    Dally with disaster - eternally victorious, abundant danger - day-to-day life.

This verse relates to the journey. Two things to note is that zephyr here means both west wind and a gentle breeze, while dally means to flirt. The second line refers to the constant danger and the fact that calm is never around for long. My original thought for line three was that it would be read as "Flirting with danger - forever victorious, abundant danger - daily life." - similarly line two was originally going to be "Appreciate this calm, nothing stays the same forever."

I restricted myself to 9 words per line, for this riddle. And, yes, I included about 5 hints hidden within:
    • One letter at the beginning of each line forming a word: Zidane.
    • The structure allows for a word to be formed by the letters going down the center, indicated by the pale green letters: cities - this refers to both Alexandria and Lindblum, but it also refers to Alexandria and Madain Sari. The later being Dagger's birth home and her summoner's roots.
    • The letters in light blue are meant to be italics text: dagger - which refers to both the alias and the weapon.
    • The letters in pink are meant to be underlined text: garnet - which refers to both the royalty name and the gemstone.
    • The letters in plum are meant to be bold text: summon - which refers to being summoned to the court and the Summoner Class.

Just thought I'd mention, that.
    Last edited by Shinwa Tsuki; 06-15-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

ichigo Huh? It seems...

I am hoping that this riddle thread will keep on going. As, it is very close to going over a week - two more days of waiting. Maybe someone else will have a stab at this. Here is another one.

Riddle
    None of us harm, but it seems like we do.
    One of us is a play on Holy, but not Holy itself.
    One of us is a play on Meteor, but different from Meteor.
    One of us is a play on Fire, but not Fire at all.
    What are we?
    When are we seen?
    Where are we played?

-----
    Should be rather simple. It'll make sense when I explain.

I am looking for three answers or their common theme, when they are seen, and where they are seen, and I would also like to know which one equates to which answer. You can combine both the when and the where.

Edit: I would still like to know if there is a current FF7 Riddle thread going....
    Last edited by Shinwa Tsuki; 06-20-2010 at 04:56 AM.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Articles
    Blog Entries

The SFX spells the Tantalus-group gets during the play at pretty much the start of the game? (You see them when the chars cast them)
    Should be pretty obvious why. Can't remember there being a Holy-spell, but I remembered Meteo and Fire being fake castable spells.

ichigo Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    The SFX spells the Tantalus-group gets during the play at pretty much the start of the game? (You see them when the chars cast them)
    Should be pretty obvious why. Can't remember there being a Holy-spell, but I remembered Meteo and Fire being fake castable spells.
    Yes, it is the spells that act as the special effects for the play "I Want To Be Your Canary". The spells in question are Poly, Pyro, and Medeo. Poly is a play on Holy, Medeo is a play on Meteor, and Pyro is a play on Fire. It makes more sense with the JV.

Poly is written as ポーリー PŌLĪ, Holy is written as ホーリー HŌLĪ, Medeo is written as メデオ MEDEO, Meteor is written as メテオ METEO, Pyro is written as ファイダ FAIDA, and Fire is written as ファイア FAIA. I should also mention that Fira is written as ファイラ FAIRA and Firaga is written as ファイガ FAIGA.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Articles
    Blog Entries

Open round.

ichigo Open round it is

I'm not gonna post another riddle here for a bit - I'd like someone else to play.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Lost for years,
    Unspoken for longer.
    Found in the rubble,
    I continue tradition.
    Left or right, it's your choice.
    Just don't forget to listen.

What am I?