Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30404445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: More FF9 Riddles

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarian View Post
    The only time I remember the word "Vermin" being used is by Kuja towards the Cleyrans.
    Yeah was thinking this.

No, it's not the Auctioneer.

Hint: The one calling the answer vermin is YOU, the player. No one in the actual game ever actually speaks to it.

Repost:

What the hell did you call me?
    Look at me, do I look like vermin to you?
    You're gonna have to work to earn my protection now.
    Nothing in life is free, after all.
    How about we play a little game first?

Incorrect guesses so far:
    Seifer Almasy
    Gilgamesh/Alleyway Jack/The Four-Armed Man
    Puck
    Zidane's bedpost
    Rachel
    Freya Crescent
    Amarant Coral
    The NPC in the inn in Alexandria
    Burmecian Soldier Dan
    Sir Iron-Tail Fratley, of Burmecia
    Cid Fabool IX
    The Auctioneer

Is it somebody in Treno ? Like during the card tournament on disc 3 ?

No, it's not found in Treno.

An NPC you cannot talk to, but refer to in the game as "Vermin" that is also referred to as "it". Also, it is neither Burmecian nor found in Treno...

I honestly cannot think of any more...

Hint: I never said it was specifically called "Vermin". It is, however, given a name that is something to do with vermin (in the literal sense) that is not indicative of what it actually is.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think your idea of vermin must be different from ours. To me only the cleryans could fit that.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    I think your idea of vermin must be different from ours. To me only the cleryans could fit that.
    My idea is vermin is how it's defined in the dictionary. "Any one of various common types of small insects or animals which cause harm and annoyance." Rats are not the only kind of vermin, either in real life or in the game.

And as I've stated many times before, this character is MISTAKENLY referred to as a type of vermin. Referring to Burmecians as a type of vermin (in their case a rat) would not be a mistake, as rats are indeed what they are. But in the case of the answer to the riddle, what I'm looking for is a character who is referred to as a type of vermin (and note again that includes more than just rats), but is expressly NOT said type of vermin. Also keep in mind my other hint that says that it's the player who makes the aforementioned mistake, not any character in the game.

I think I just dropped several major hints there. I really did NOT expect people to find this riddle so hard, I was expecting it to be guessed in like three posts or something.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Is it the Ragtime Mouse?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightLord View Post
    And as I've stated many times before, this character is MISTAKENLY referred to as a type of vermin.
    Actually, you never said that. You just said that vermin was to be taken in the literal sense.

I think I just dropped several major hints there. I really did NOT expect people to find this riddle so hard, I was expecting it to be guessed in like three posts or something.
    And that kind of attitude makes the game fun for no one. And as easy as you might think this is, if no one ever interacts or speaks to the character, it makes guessing really, really tough.

Is it one of the Friendly Monsters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Ragtime MOUSE?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    And that kind of attitude makes the game fun for no one. And as easy as you might think this is, if no one ever interacts or speaks to the character, it makes guessing really, really tough.
    Interesting how differently two people can interpret the same statement. I was just thinking TwilightLord had been pretty patient considering several hints have gone ignored repeatedly. For example: what you say above that he didn't say, he actually did say, twice. Probably comes down to misinterpretations.

Pantz, you are the win! It was the Ragtime Mouse!

Wow, I did NOT expect that to last as long as it did. Anyway, here's the explanation.

"What the hell did you call me?
    Look at me, do I look like vermin to you?"
    As I've stated before, these lines go together. The Ragtime Mouse is not a mouse, and looks nothing like a mouse. His/Its name was actually supposed to be Ragtime Mouth, which is much more fitting for his appearance. So he's wondering why on earth the player (as I said, it's the player calling him vermin, not any character in the game) is calling him a Ragtime Mouse when he clearly looks nothing like a mouse.

"You're gonna have to work to earn my protection now.
    Nothing in life is free, after all."
    If you answer all of his questions correctly, he drops a Protect Ring. This is sort of continuing the "story" of the riddle too, with the Ragtime Mouse/Mouth essentially saying he was just going to give you the ring, but then you insulted him by calling him a mouse so now you have to earn it.

"How about we play a little game first?"
    Refers to the questions you have to answer.

Congratulations!

I thought it was the ragtime mouse but the ragtime mouse is a monster, not an NPC so I suppose people misinterpreted the riddle.

Monsters are also NPCs.