Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: most valued sense

Default most valued sense

this is really quite sweet:

Aussie's ear implant joy becomes online hit

and got me thinking - which of your senses (sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste) do you most value? how would you rank them in priority?

i think for me sight would definitely come first, then touch, smell, hearing and taste.
    if finding love is just a dance, proximity and chance, you will excuse me if i skip the masquerade

Blog Entries

1: Sight. I can't imagine not being able to see the world, and people around me. I don't think I could live without my sight.

2: Hearing. Not being able to listen to music would seriously damage my soul to no end. What is life without music? To me, not much.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Should be sight since I wanted to see my friends and their smile and hearing should come next since I wanted to hear their voice. Next will be sense of touch cause I wanna harass them.

BTW, do the sixth sense counts too?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Sight, hearing, touch, taste, then smell in order of most importance. Going blind would suck way worse than losing any of the other senses, to me.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Smission.

Blog Entries

Sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell.

Sight would be the worst to lose, by far. Hearing would also be pretty bad, but I could imagine living without one of touch, taste or smell, but probably not all of them.

i agree that going blind would be the absolute worst. but touch is up there too, imagine not being able to feel hot water or a sharp knife or prickly bindis or smooth velvet or a fluffy dog

i would like to revise my ordering here and switch smell for hearing, not sure what i was thinking before. however i do love smelling smells : )

if finding love is just a dance, proximity and chance, you will excuse me if i skip the masquerade

of humour

Sight....Hearing....Feeling....Taste....

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Smell is a life saver literally, once while working I went to turn on the ovens at work only to smell gas in the air... turns out if I turned the ovens on I would have been blown up.

so for me smell is most important though I hold all my sense's in high reguard they are all as important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chri$ View Post
    1: Sight. I can't imagine not being able to see the world, and people around me. I don't think I could live without my sight.

2: Hearing. Not being able to listen to music would seriously damage my soul to no end. What is life without music? To me, not much.
    Exactly this.

All the senses are pretty damn important to me! I'd find it excrutiating to live without even one of them xD

I guess if I had to choose only to have one out of them all, I'd probably pick sight.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    All the senses are pretty damn important to me! I'd find it excrutiating to live without even one of them xD

I guess if I had to choose only to have one out of them all, I'd probably pick sight.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I saw this movie where Robert Carlyle had lost all feeling because a bullet was eating its way into his brain, but he got to smurf Sophie Marceau and he could hold nuclear fuel rods. I think it was called "Planet of the Apes".

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that losing touch - and therefore the ability to feel pain - might actually be kinda cool. I can't see the benefit to losing any other senses.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I would be sad if I lost any of my senses, but in particular I couldn't live without touch (wtf how would that even work).

If I went deaf I might not care as much, but if I went blind I would be very depressed about it.

Losing my taste sensations would render food meaningless which is A BIG DEAL

And what's left....sense of smell would affect my sense of taste. I wonder what it would actually do to my day-to-day sensory interpretationing?