Thread: Skies of Arcadia

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

Default Skies of Arcadia

Well.... discuss....

This is by far one of my favorite RPGs of all time and it will be up there with the Chrono series for me and will never change! Anyway I wanted to hear everyone elses opinion on it.
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Good game. Unfortunately, every time I tried to play it my Dreamcast memory device would conk out on me. Farthest I ever got was the giant pyramid looking for the fire orb or whatever. Shame, because I was really getting into it too..

Played it on the Gamecube. Great game, my only issue was the length of the airship battles. I could choose my attacks, and watch like, an entire episode of something on TV while it actually happens lol

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I missed the Little Jack after it was replaced with the Deliphus, I think that's what the second ship was called anyway.

I've never beaten this game, but it'll always have a special place in my heart. One of the last really good Sega games I ever played. And one of the last things they did before they died as a console company. The encounter rate was insane though. So I always got tired of it before beating it. Shame too, 'cause it was a very interesting story with lovable characters and such. Not too many sky pirate games out there

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I liked it. Never finished it, but I've barely finished any of the RPGs I've started. This one though, I loaned it out to my cousin.

He's had it for 7 years.

This game came out for the DS last year, it's not 'fantastic' but it has airship battles and stuff. From the same guys who made the FF3/FF4 remakes for DS.
    YouTube - Nostalgia (DS) Airship Trailer

The only thing better than Sky Pirates is Space Pirates.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Truly brilliant game, one of the best reasons to own a Dreamcast (Never played the GC version, but I hear it has more stuff, so that can only be good!)

Rare to see such a lovely world, and such a likable cast. It was definitely a positive that even though it had serious moments, it was a pretty lighthearted game for the most part, and the folks who made it were aware of the genre's conventions and did a damn fine job using and playing with them.

Have completed the Gamecube version twice and nearly completed the Dreamcast version.

One of my all time favourites for both consoles!!!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Loved it, loved all the main cast too. But I think my favorite thing about it was that you owned an island and got to customize it a little.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never had played the game, but it's the kind of game I will play. One day, I'll get the game and pop it in my GameCube to play. Though, that may have to wait for a month or two or some other time. :/

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

This game to me has one of the reason I love the Suikoden series as well, different types of battles in one game. Not many games really do it but the games that do it well are awesome. I am playing through Suikoden V right now being OCD as possible.... getting every char and such also keeping everyones weapons upgraded... but hey its fun, now excuse me as i go out and rebuy Suikoden III peace out!
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haven't bought it ever.

Still hate myself for it.

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

Yea its hard to find really I need to lend mine to Wolf Kanno when he is done messing around with Fallout 3 and such, but its such a awesome game if ya find it i suggest you grab it.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

It's one of my personal favorite games. The main cast members are three-dimensional and likable, and few other RPGs have emulated the potential for exploration of the game's world.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Skies of Arcadia was a great game. I enjoyed playing it thoroughly and I think it is unfortunate that there was never a sequel of any kind as the world and environment of the game intrigued me.
    I believe in the power of humanity.