Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: The First EoFF Battle Of The Sexes Showdown! ~GIRLS WIN!~

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh ya, Judges please do not go back and edit your post and score. The only thing it will create is confusion. So please dun do that! Thanks!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Average = Sum(submissions)/N(#submissions)

My average = Sum(submissions)/n(#participants)

Why don't you guys learn to read, hm? I thought you were a teacher, shlup.
    I KNOW HOW TO READ, GOOD SIR.
    Then you would be able to see the difference between the two. It's actually not really an average, but I put it like that because it seemed hard for you two to understand what was going on. Now shut up, or I'm gonna start subtracting points.
    In a setting with students and test grades, the teacher adds up all the scores and divides by the number of students. What's the difference between this and what your average is?

Wrong rude guy is wrong and rude.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Average = Sum(submissions)/N(#submissions)

My average= Sum(submissions)/n(#participants)

Why don't you guys learn to read, hm? I thought you were a teacher, shlup.
    I KNOW HOW TO READ, GOOD SIR.
    Then you would be able to see the difference between the two. It's actually not really an average, but I put it like that because it seemed hard for you two to understand what was going on. Now shut up, or I'm gonna start subtracting points.
    In a setting with students and test grades, the teacher adds up all the scores and divides by the number of students. What's the difference between this and what your average is?

Wrong rude guy is wrong and rude.
    *snip* fine.

Students don't get to hand in several test papers.

2 students, 6 and 7 -> average 6.5
    2 students, 6 , 7, 10, 1 -> average 12

That's it, -1 on the next male entry.
    Last edited by Aerith's Knight; 06-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Jesus christ xD

Sagensyg, stop trolling. AK, stop insulting. We're just playing a little game here.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Also this is at NCG
    Do it or I'm giving every female submission a 10 and male a 0. Unless they remind me of frogs. Mmmmmmmm frogs.
    This is obviously judge abuse.
    Not abuse, just a incentive for you to participate. A very strong incentive that also tastes of threat. Tasty threat...
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Team: Male
    Category: Other? I don't know

This is a piece of music (no vocals) that I threw together using Guitar Pro 5 to write all the parts. It consists of a rhythm and lead guitar, a bass, and drums. It's also in MIDI since I don't have my bass or decent recording equipment.
    Score: 8/10
    I enjoyed it, you need more confidence in your work. Do what you want with your music, and don't care if other people have problems!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The difference is, is that instead of dividing by the number of people participating, he is suggesting that they instead, divide by the number of submissions.

For example, let's say 6 people submitted 13 items, all with scores of 7. If we divided by the number of people, we would get a final score of 13*7/6, which is 15.167, a disproportionately high number (as the highest score possible is a 10). If, in another case, 6 people submitted 20 items with scores of 5, we would have a final score of 20*5/6. That's 16.67; here, we would have the number of people contributing work being the same, but they did more work, and got a higher score for it.

The problem with having outrageously high scores above 10 can be solved by dividing by the number of submissions, instead of number of participants. The primary problem is that people can submit more than one item. By removing the number of participants from the bottom of the equation, we should have a more realistic and fair statistic. In the case that we have 7 participants, each one of them submitting 10 items, all with scores of 9, we instead have (7*10*9)/(7*10); final score of 9, which is less than 10. If the total number of submissions is limited to 10, then the equation turns out to become 10*9/10 (which is 9), the total score divided by the number of submissions.

By dividing the total score by submissions and not participants, we should have a mathematically reasonable answer, remove the gender participation disparity, and therefore, have a more successful event. Although to be perfectly fair, AK was the only one here using the correct version of an "average." The assumption you've taken dividing by the number of students in your example, is that each student could only submit one item, thus making the number of tests and students to be the same value.

In summary, AK is entirely correct in this situation and you all (that means all of you) owe him an apology, and we should be dividing by submissions into the total score.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    The difference is, is that instead of dividing by the number of people participating, he is suggesting that they instead, divide by the number of submissions.

For example, let's say 6 people submitted 13 items, all with scores of 7. If we divided by the number of people, we would get a final score of 13*7/6, which is 15.167, a disproportionately high number (as the highest score possible is a 10). If, in another case, 6 people submitted 20 items with scores of 5, we would have a final score of 20*5/6. That's 16.67; here, we would have the number of people contributing work being the same, but they did more work, and got a higher score for it.

The problem with having outrageously high scores above 10 can be solved by dividing by the number of submissions, instead of number of participants. The primary problem is that people can submit more than one item. By removing the number of participants from the bottom of the equation, we should have a more realistic and fair statistic. In the case that we have 7 participants, each one of them submitting 10 items, all with scores of 9, we instead have (7*10*9)/(7*10); final score of 9, which is less than 10. If the total number of submissions is limited to 10, then the equation turns out to become 10*9/10 (which is 9), the total score divided by the number of submissions.

By dividing the total score by submissions and not participants, we should have a mathematically reasonable answer, remove the gender participation disparity, and therefore, have a more successful event. Although to be perfectly fair, AK was the only one here using the correct version of an "average." The assumption you've taken dividing by the number of students in your example, is that each student could only submit one item, thus making the number of tests and students to be the same value.

In summary, AK is entirely correct in this situation and you all (that means all of you) owe him an apology, and we should be dividing by submissions into the total score.
    Jesus christ xD

We're just playing a little game here.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Blog Entries

And you should realize I'm a judge, and I can have a baboon sodomize your entries.

Now, come on people, I want to see those entries. I've yet to see anyone singing. The Alladin song gives +2 in my score.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which one?

Blog Entries

Hmm, the one I did with KC. Uh... A whole new world, I think.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Either gender would need the other gender to do it properly, but they're enemies. Hmmm

Lol, girlxgirl or guyxguy A Whole New World.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Jesus christ xD

Sagensyg, stop trolling. AK, stop insulting. We're just playing a little game here.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shlup wins everything for her spaghetti cupcakes! Spaghetti + cupcakes!! I can't even.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I don't know it this is an okay thing to submit (for "Other"), but let's try it!

Pattern maker
    10/10. I like Ran-kun.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    MB gave me a brilliant idea.

Team: Female
    Category: Others (Culinary Arts)

Description: Here you will see three dozen cupcakes. They are funfetti, as that is the favorite cupcake flavor of every male in America. They were deemed delectable by those who consumed them.
    10/10. I love cupcakes! Why isn't there a cupcake in the smiley list?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfectionist View Post
    Category: PHOTO

This is meant to be part of a series of photos i've taken for my art coursework, it was definitely the best one of this particular batch of photos. The theme we were given was 'Passions & Obsessions' so I chose to take that to mean 'Stalkers' etc. I've already got some of my other Stalker photos up in the Artist's forum but I wanted to post something I haven't shown before.

I'll probably post another piece for the the Art category in a couple days cos i'm trying to blitz through this coursework
    I like it. 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Do with it what you wish then.

Team: Male
    Category: Performance
    Description:

Oh Resha can you not see?
    That we live in a land of misery.
    People suffering left and right.
    It just isn't right.
    But one of the worst lives is mine.
    I suffer daily and every time.
    I cry for freedom I cry for help.
    Yet my calls are not answered.
    But you Resha you are my light.
    So shine on my life and let me fight.
    And we shall go to lands unknown.
    Hand in hand with a lovers bond.
    Do you wish this or do you not?
    Do you want to save me?
    If you do then take my hand.
    And my misery shall be banned.
    So come Resha do you accept me?
    As your soul mate to make life an ease.
    Or shall you banish my heart to misery.
    I wish it had been one of Demon Dude's demonic poems, but this is good, too! 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissaur View Post
    Category: Wacky Pose Picture

"VOV-WO"

I tried making the word wow but as you can see I failed BUT it lead to a great picture!

P.S. Aerith's Knight, note the cleavage
    I like it. 10/10.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Monda you are killing me. xD