Thread: If you get new weapon skills...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I agree, especially in this forum which is usually so dead. I wish this and the FFXIV forum had more active topics.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Since when do I usually want to stop it? Provide examples please.

This isn't discussion, this argueing. There's a huge difference. It's obvious both people have different views and aren't going to persuade the other especially when one side is so stubborn and keen to base their opinions on the tiniest bit of information, so why bother?

And I've tried to put up more topics in the FFXIV but the people in this forum don't even like Final Fantasy, so how can you expect them to like it in MMO form?
    Last edited by Rostum; 06-11-2010 at 01:34 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    How am I supposed to address that? I have no idea who works on what and how SE's cost structure works, and neither do you. I will say that I don't think the separate cost of Abyssea was done to recoup the costs of development, or because different people worked on it, or anything like that. I think the separate cost is there because they realize there are plenty of suckers who will pay for anything new in this game regardless of the volume or quality of the content.
    Of course they did it to make money. That said, I just think it's silly that people act entitled to any additional content whatsoever. When you purchased Wings of the Goddess, new endgame was never promised in that package. More importantly, when you purchased Wings of the Goddess, there was absolutely concept of content geared towards beyond level 75. Why shouldn't we have to pay for additional content to accompany the level cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Isn't one of the biggest arguments that people make when others complain about the monthly cost is that those monthly payments help pay for new content?

I don't think it's unreasonable to want SE to keep additional costs for new content relatively low or provide good bang for your buck given how much players have already invested in the game (hundreds of dollars most likely). Square is concerned with their bottom line, users should be concerned with theirs as well.
    The monthly fee pays for a lot of thinks. Development of new content is only one of many. I don't think the fees we pay each month go quite so far as adding content beyond a level cap which has existed for the past six-and-a-half years is covered.

I expect Vision of Abyssea to be worth $10. As far as I'm concerned, $10 really isn't all that much money; and I'm willing to shell out $30 for new endgame that will keep us going until level 99. If you don't think it's worth that amount of money, that's fine, don't buy it. I just think it's silly that you seem to think it should be free.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Of course they did it to make money. That said, I just think it's silly that people act entitled to any additional content whatsoever. When you purchased Wings of the Goddess, new endgame was never promised in that package. More importantly, when you purchased Wings of the Goddess, there was absolutely concept of content geared towards beyond level 75. Why shouldn't we have to pay for additional content to accompany the level cap?
    Well I feel entitled because I am paying monthly for this game. When they stop releasing new content I will stop p(l)aying. I don't expect it to be free, I've already paid hundreds of dollars to play this game! What are they doing with that money?

$10 is not a lot, you're right, it's just the principle of the thing. Also, as much as Ome hates watching it, I like arguing with you.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

I'd argue that you've gotten what you've paid for with that monthly fee; you played for the month you paid for. It doesn't guarantee you anything beyond that.

I'm beginning to hear rumblings that purchasing Vision of Abyssea may be required to access level 76-80. All Square Enix has said is that there will be no limit break quest as we understand it, but that there would be a "requirement". People have noticed that with each Abyssea release there is also a planned level cap increase and some think it isn't merely a coincidence. I don't know how I'd feel about that.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it's about trying to persuade each other, just establishing different view points. I like reading Ouch's position as much as I like reading Del's, even though they're different.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm beginning to hear rumblings that purchasing Vision of Abyssea may be required to access level 76-80. All Square Enix has said is that there will be no limit break quest as we understand it, but that there would be a "requirement". People have noticed that with each Abyssea release there is also a planned level cap increase and some think it isn't merely a coincidence. I don't know how I'd feel about that.
    Smurf, you are probably right.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Square Enix did announce that there were no intentions to adjust existing content for the new level cap, so it wouldn't strictly be needed outside of Abyssea, but yeah...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well the point was to make all the existing stuff easier! But the more I think about it the more it makes sense that we are buying the new level caps. I was wondering why they were making us buy a new Dynamis-like zone but this is probably what we are buying. Oh well, it will probably be fun, and $10 is a drop in the bucket, I just don't like where this is heading with FFXIV on the horizon.

I honestly hope they don't turn FFXIV into a cash shop, and I hope the release of buyable content is better balanced.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

eight BLU spells
    I checked what these spells were on Zam forums and this is what people found:

- Aqua Breath - Adamantoise
    - Plenilune Embrace: AoE HP Recovery, and Erase - Gnoles
    - Demoralizing Roar: AoE Attack Down - Wivres
    - Bombilation: AoE TP Down - Gnats
    - Leafstorm: AoE Physical Damage - Treants
    - Regeneration: Regen - Krakens
    - Battery Charge: MP Recovery - Magic Pot
    - Animating Wail: AoE Haste

So for now it looks like you won't need Abyssea to get these. They look pretty sweet too! Freaking Battery Charge!