Thread: Chrono Trigger

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember that I always had Glenn around with me, so I could perform X-Strike. That double tech was one of the biggest moments of awesome in the battle system Anyhow, however weird it was, I still liked the battle system. It added a whole new layer of strategy.

I got to Twin Golem and couldn't win

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Just make sure you hit them with an element they blow at countering. Fire and Water work well I seem to recall. Whatever you do don't hit them with physical unless you have another element coming up right after.

Yeah I probably would've continued but that was ages ago and I don't have the save game anymore. I'll probably replay it someday.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You should do it like right now.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You should do it like right now.
    Beat me to it.

It was quite possibly the greatest game on the greatest system ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Chrono Cross was only bad in comparison to Chrono Trigger. In comparison to the average RPG it was probably quite a bit better.
    I would disagree with that, but that's largely because I really, really, REALLY hated the combat in CC. I may have to go back and try playing it again someday to give it another shot, but I couldn't even bring myself to get halfway through when I last tried playing. It was easily one of my most hated RPG battle systems though, and that was back in the days when I had an easier time forgiving that stuff.
    The combat definitely wasn't as good as CT's either, but let's face it, having a combat system as awesome as CT's would've been pretty much impossible. I do wish that they'd at least kept the triple techs, but then again with as many characters as CC had that probably would've been impossible without requiring at least three discs, given all the extra data that'd be required for animating them.
    Which brings me to cross's biggest problem. An insanely large roster that had no reason what so ever to exist.

That out of the way, I didn't like Cross much the first time I'd played it, passing it off as a sub-par RPG. Second time I played it, and the shining glory eyes I viewed Trigger in were put away, I can say I find this an above average RPG, and a release worthy of my time and effort that did plenty more right then it did wrong.

Contributions

I always considered CC on of the 'great' RPGs. It probably helps that I didn't approach it as a direct sequel to CT, more as an inspired by sequel. Like one FF title to the next. Lots of stuff in it that reminded me of CT.

An insanely large roster that had no reason what so ever to exist.
    For sure. But they play so small a role that I could just completely ignore them, so it never really bothered me.

---

I do wish that they'd at least kept the triple techs, but then again with as many characters as CC had that probably would've been impossible without requiring at least three discs, given all the extra data that'd be required for animating them.
    I'd hate to be the guy who has to make them all up. When they got to a party of all reject characters we would probably get some fairly desperate ones.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I always considered CC on of the 'great' RPGs. It probably helps that I didn't approach it as a direct sequel to CT, more as an inspired by sequel. Like one FF title to the next. Lots of stuff in it that reminded me of CT.
    I'm the same way. I actually love Chrono Cross and think its one of the most inspired games Squaresoft ever made. I also loved it for not being like Chrono Trigger. Unlike most fans, I didn't want to play Chrono Trigger again. I mean, I loved that little game and all, but people - let's move on and try something new.
    It's kind of why I inexplicably enjoyed FFVIII after FFVII but then kind of resented Square a bit for doing FFIX the way they did.