Thread: Anyone ever play this game?

Default Anyone ever play this game?

I am looking for an old NES game I really enjoyed as a child. I can't find the cartridge and it was all in Japanese so I have NO idea what it's called!

You start off as 2 characters, a guy in blue and red who looks a bit like superman with a mask on, and a blonde girl wearing pink. You go through six levels (I think) rescuing other characters that include a gorilla, a small boy, an Easter Island head and a guy/girl with red hair. At the end you go into space in a plane and fight a massive she-demon.

Anyone heard of or played this game?? I've searched through tons of NES roms, tried to search for the characters/descriptions on the net but nothing...it must be out there somewhere! I've found every NES game I used to play as a kid except that one (which happened to be my favorite). Any help would be appreciated!!
    Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you...

Currently playing through the main series...
    Playing: FFII
    Completed: FFI

How did you come across a Japanese NES game? And how did you play it? I'm pretty sure NES was slightly region locked. So I'm guessing you had a Famicom. Was it a side scroller, or overhead? Your search is probably going to be a hard one. I can imagine there were probably 10 times as many NES games released for Japanese than there were any other languages

Blog Entries

Typed "japanese nes platformers gorilla easter island statue" into google and one of the results was "Wai Wai World".

After another quick google i got this

Seems to fit the description
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

OMFG Black mage I love you so much right now!!! That's the game!!! Thank you SOOO much!!!

How did you come across a Japanese NES game? And how did you play it? I'm pretty sure NES was slightly region locked. So I'm guessing you had a Famicom. Was it a side scroller, or overhead? Your search is probably going to be a hard one. I can imagine there were probably 10 times as many NES games released for Japanese than there were any other languages
    I have no idea what I had back then, I had many many NES games in Japanese - in fact almost none of my games were in English. Had Mario 3, Mickey Mouse, Contra, etc to name a few all in Japanese...my older brother found the english names and just wrote them on the cartridges for me I'm from South Africa so I'm not sure if Famicom games made it here...
    Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you...

Currently playing through the main series...
    Playing: FFII
    Completed: FFI