Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Metal Gear Solid: Rising

YouTube - Metal Gear Solid: Rising Gameplay - (Reveal E3 2010) [HD]

Yes.

Fine, it probably won't be all stealthy, but I have faith that Kojima will do this right.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

If by 'Kojima' you mean 'Kojima Productions'. This is not Kojima's game.

Edit: glad to see this video included the extra bit at the end. For several hours after the conference, all the videos of Rising cut off that bit at the end.

Kind of interesting to see a gameplay gimmick from Afro Samurai make its way into this game.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 06-15-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This game looks to be unashamedly, gratuitously violent. Set in the Metal Gear universe, I'm down!

My expectations aren't entirely inflated though since this is not a Hideo Kojima game. So maybe it'll end up wowing me in the end and I'll be overappreciative.

Looked kinda cool, even while I'm not really into hack 'n slash. I wish they'd give the MGS series a rest though. MGS 4 remains the big finale to me.

It looks fantastic and seems to be less stealth and more action, which I'm all for.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Looked kinda cool, even while I'm not really into hack 'n slash. I wish they'd give the MGS series a rest though. MGS 4 remains the big finale to me.
    Yep same goes for a lot of games that supposedly were supposed to end. God of War, Halo, etc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Yep same goes for a lot of games that supposedly were supposed to end. God of War, Halo, etc.
    While I do agree, it does take away from the attempted "finale," at the end of the day I can't complain.

Peace Walker was great.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This is probably a buy for me.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Another example of:

Graphics over substance
    Dumbed down to a FPS or hack and slash rather than what made the series great (started with MGS4)

Trying to look cool at the expense of gameplay
    using Graphics as a selling point.

I am sure it will be a huge success, as gamerz ths dayz seem 2 swallow all tht iz chucked at them. I am still waiting for an intelligent MGS or FF game on the PS3, I doubt it will be arriving.

ps. Graffix innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    It looks fantastic and seems to be less stealth and more action, which I'm all for.

You might be all for it, but some of us, rather stupidly, expect an MGS game to be a stealth game.... I guess I would prefer Halo to be a survival horror with Puzzles...let's see how that goes down.
    Last edited by seiferalmasy2; 06-18-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by seiferalmasy2 View Post
    Another example of:

Graphics over substance
    Dumbed down to a FPS rather than what made the series great (started with MGS4)
    You know it's not an FPS right? I think it's also worth pointing out that at this point there's almost nothing known about how it plays so condemning it for being nothing but graphics over substance when you don't even know how it plays is rather ridiculous.

You might be all for it, but some of us, rather stupidly, expect an MGS game to be a stealth game.... I guess I would prefer Halo to be a survival horror with Puzzles...let's see how that goes down.
    You have more than a few stealth games in the series to pick from. Hell, Peace Walker just came out even and there was MGS4 before that (perhaps the best MGS game available when it comes to sheer variety in gameplay). I don't see why releasing a more action oriented spin off is necessarily a bad thing, or why it seems to offend you so much. Don't like it? Don't play it, but at least wait until you know something about it before you start ripping into it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Another example of:

Graphics over substance

I am sure it will be a huge success, as gamerz ths dayz seem 2 swallow all tht iz chucked at them. I am still waiting for an intelligent MGS or FF game on the PS3, I doubt it will be arriving.

ps. Graffix innit.
    How do you know it won't have any substance?
    Oh, that's right, you don't.

You call it a FPS (first person shooter) when the trailer is not from a first person perspective, and the main character does not even wield anything similar to a gun.
    Last edited by Mirage; 06-17-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Looking good so far but Raiden seems to breezing through those guys way too quick. Not much depth there. Obviously need to see more but so far the game doesnt look like it can sustain itself for too long.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Looking good so far but Raiden seems to breezing through those guys way too quick. Not much depth there. Obviously need to see more but so far the game doesnt look like it can sustain itself for too long.
    Because a trailer that showed Raiden getting killed a lot would make it look more appealing?

It was meant to show off the ability to hack things into little pieces. Again, we haven't seen nearly enough to have the slightest idea how it will play, how much depth it will have, or how long the experience can remain fun. It was a trailer that literally showed one element of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Another example of:

Graphics over substance

ps. Graffix innit.
    How do you know it won't have any substance?
    Oh, that's right, you don't.

You call it a FPS (first person shooter) when the trailer is not from a first person perspective, and the main character does not even wield anything similar to a gun.
    Ok then, near-FPS. Same basic hack n slash nature. Or do you prefer 360 degree movable camera hack n slash action game.

Will that do you and your technicalities? The difference to MGS1,2,3 couldn't be more obvious.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It's not a "near-FPS", seriously. It's no more FPS than other hack and slash games. From what has been revealed so far, it's got more in common with Ninja Gaiden Sigma than *any* FPS. Or are you going to tell me NGS is is nearly the same as Halo or killzone?