Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Car!

Moogle First Car!

My grandfather is in town; he arrived yesterday. A little after he showed up, which was very short notice, by the way, I found out that the only reason that he's in town at all is to buy a car for me.

We looked at Jettas first, but there aren't any nearby from a private owner. Then we looked at Hondas, and then Toyota, and then Hyundai. We went through the Civic, Corolla, and, eventually, we found an awesome little Hyundai Accent. All of the Corollas were in a dealer, and my grandfather wasn't interested in buying anything from a dealership. The Civic was in horrible shape, but, as noted by the 'awesome,' the Hyundai Accent is in perfect condition. In fact, all of the routine maintenance was taken care of just a few weeks ago.

We're going in about two minutes to look at it. I'm really excited. My grandfather seems to think that it's a nice car, and he knows what he's talking about. I really like it; it meets all of the specifications that I wanted in a car. So, when I reply to this, I might have my first car :</>D!

Topic: What was your first car and how did you acquire it? Tell us stories!

Oh, wow, I guess in my excitement I didn't post this before I left! Well, we went and looked at the car. We liked it a lot. We went to the bank. My grandfather took out $6,000 cash. I drove home in my very first car, a nice little Hyundai Accent.

WOO

I'm excited :</>D

:</>DDD
    Last edited by Mogi; 06-11-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Gotta fix mah grammars!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My first car was a 1980 Chevy pickup truck that my dad bought me. It was awesome. It was a light blue color and we even got it painted so it looked super nice.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first car was a 1994 Nissan Sentra that I kind of miss.

My dad got it for me when I was in high school.

On a side note, $6,000 cash looks like just as much as it is.

And that's a lot.

My first car is a 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. I still have it, acctually doing some work on it as I slowly get the money. She may be a gas hog, which luckily gas is going back down, and she may require alot of work....but I wouldnt give her up

It was recommended to me that I buy a car cover. The car will be out under the trees all of the time. Is buying a car cover a good idea?

Aww congrats on the new car
    My first (and only car) is my lovely 1993 Ford Fiesta 1.3 beast Shes red so shes called Ruby and i loves her muchly

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mogi View Post
    It was recommended to me that I buy a car cover. The car will be out under the trees all of the time. Is buying a car cover a good idea?
    Yes, they're cheap and will help keep your car clean.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

That was very nice of your grandfather n.n

Say hi to Libby and Marley for me O:

My first car is also my current car, which is a 2000 Saturn SL-1. It is extremely boring but it gets me from Point A to Point B without any issues so I do not really care. I am not a car person and do not spend a lot of time in my car, so it does not need to be anything fancy.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, that car is so cute!

My first car was a 2002 Oldsmobile Alero. It didn't like it very much, though it was veeeery fast. I'll talk about the new car I just got instead, because I like it better.

2010 Corolla sports edition! It's cute!

The best thing about it besides the red color is the gear shift. I love it!

Big photo

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

, I can barely look at a car without getting carsick. It's less severe lately though, perhaps once I'm done with college and earning, I'll look into lessons. No real imperative for a car here though, I'm happy enough walking everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Oh, that car is so cute!

My first car was a 2002 Oldsmobile Alero. It didn't like it very much, though it was veeeery fast. I'll talk about the new car I just got instead, because I like it better.

2010 Corolla sports edition! It's cute!
    It is a sweet ride. And it's red too, which is amazing.

The only Corolla drivers I see are in the standard ones in the colour white. And they have no need for a sporty version because their sole purpose in life is to sit in front of me, driving very slowly, in places I cannot overtake them.

Rye, I hope you are not one of them.

My first car was a Citroen C2. I still have it. My mum bought it for me as a present for my school results.

I don't have and have never had a car. I also made a conscious decision not to get a licence.