Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciddies, Part 18: Now legal in America. Nominate!

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

Default Ciddies, Part 18: Now legal in America. Nominate!

HEY HEY, KIDS!

Yeah, yeah, so apparently I'm late. Late? Pah! I'm never late. Nor am I early. I arrive precisely when I mean to. So, what have I been up to lately? Oh man, where to begin! I've been traveling the world, and for all you know, I've been quietly sneaking around with your sister in the past few months! It's been crazy, I wish I took videos. I should do that sometime... you know, for the 'memories'.

I've also been keeping tabs on how things have been going around here... Yuletide seemed to run a pretty good game last time around, so that worked out well for me. Although whats up with "CIDDIES, YAY!"? Needs to be a little more suave than that for me. Someone hit me up with a sig. I'll pay you in my own special way... eh heh. Where was I? I hope you guys didn't miss me too much. Ah, who am I kidding, of course I hope you did. You better have. Anyone who didn't miss me gets a few votes taken off their tally! Ha! How do you like them apples?

Alright. Alright. I'll get to the part you're genuinely interested in. Well, the part that you're genuinely interested in that isn't me, of course. So, if you don't know the drill, read the bottom part of this post and try to wrap your head around just how insane a set of rules can go. Thanks to the EC for their efforts in getting together a complete list of awards, btw. Good stuff.

Here we go!

And the Ciddies are...

1. Best Member
    2. Best Male
    3. Best Female
    4. Best Admin [automated, don't bother nominating]
    5. Best Cid's Knight [automated, don't bother nominating]
    6. Best Site Staff [automated, don't bother nominating]
    7. Best Recognized Member/Former Staff
    8. Best Veteran [person who registered between 1999 and 2006 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
    9. Best Regular [person who registered between 2007 and 2008 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
    10. Best Newbie [person who registered between 2009 and 2010 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
    11. Nicest Member
    12. Evilest Member
    13. Sexiest Male [must actually be male]
    14. Sexiest Female must actually be female]
    15. Cutest Male [must actually be male]
    16. Cutest Female [must actually be female]
    17. Best Custom Rank
    18. Best Avatar
    19. Best Signature
    20. Best Artist
    21. Best Writer
    22. Best Poster
    23. Best Spammer
    24. Best Chatter
    25. Best Visitor Messager
    26. Funniest Member
    27. Weirdest Member
    28. Worst Username
    29. Best Returning Member
    30. Most Powerful Member
    31. Most Informative Member
    32. Most Productive Member
    33. Most Underrated Member
    34. Most Improved Member
    35. Most Missed Member
    36. Most Hardcore Gamer
    37. Most Helpful Gamer
    38. Most Helpful Techy
    39. Most Helpful Member
    40. Cutest Couple [this is for legitimate couples, please go to award 50 for joke nominations]

Most Likely To…
    41. Become a Cid's Knight
    42. Get Banned
    43. Win a Ciddie for the very first time [past winners list]
    44. Not notice winning this Ciddie [remember, they still need to be active members!]
    45. Be Scruffy, the janitor
    46. Wait for a stop sign to say 'go'.
    47. Cry while watching The Expendables
    48. Be Lightning
    49. Be Snow
    50. Get Together [this is not for real couples, but rather for people who you think might hook up... or people who you think would get annoyed because of being nominated, or something]

PM your nominations to me. You can nominate yourself for a few of them, if you want. Try not to nominate anyone else for more than five different awards. Nominations will close around a week from the time of this post, I s'pose.

But, if you want elaboration on that.

The Rules:
    Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than two awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
    Rule #2 - You can nominate any one member for no more than five awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
    Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them.
    Rule #4 - PM nominations to Award Guy, not anyone else!

Rule #5 - PM your nominations by the closing date.
    Rule #6 - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising.
    Rule #7 - You cannot nominate more than one person per award (aside from #40 & #50, obviously). If you do, I'll take the first one you've nominated.
    Rule #8 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig - unless you remove them at some time during the Ciddies.
    Rule #9 - You can change your avatar, custom rank and/or sig during nominations and finals. This shouldn't cause any major issues, as you can only earn what awards you recieve, be the votes late or early, that's your problem.
    Rule #10 - Changes/additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
    Rule #11 - You can only be nominated/voted for one of the 'rank-categorized-awards'. Best Admin, Cid's Knight and Site Staff have automatic entry for all of the obvious included members.
    Rule #12 - You can't nominate a male for any Ciddie with the word 'female' in it, and you can't nominate a female for any Ciddie with the word 'male' in it. If it doesn't have 'male' or 'female' in it, you can nominate a member of either gender.
    Rule #13 - People who are NOT currently couples shouldn't be voted as Cutest Couple - this is for people who ARE already couples.
    Rule #14 Nominations for Ciddie #43 must NOT be past Ciddies winners.
    Rule #15 - People who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.

*deep breath*

Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
    Also - When nominating, please think not of overall, but purely of the last six months. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurrences of the last six months!
    Also - The Cutest Couple award does not count into the five nominations for another member of your choice, or your self-nominations.
    Also - All nominations are strictly confidential - the only other people with access to the Award Guy account is Loony BoB.
    In addition to that - You cannot publically post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread can be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
    Also - To be nominated into the second round for an award, a member must obtain two nominations in that award. However, should eight members all receive three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members receiving four nominations each, and so on. The only exception to this rule will be if only 1-3 members will be cut, meaning it's not worth the change.
    Also - I hold the right to reject any nominations/votes for any reason, most often this is that the member hasn't been active in the forums or chatroom in the past six months.
    Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST
    Also - Award Guy, Election Booth and second accounts are only allowed to be voted for the MLT (Most Likely To...) and Profile (Custom Title, Avatar, Signature) Ciddies.
    Also - Banned members are only allowed to be voted for the Best Chatter and Most Missed Member Ciddies.
    Also - If a member belongs to more than one group (e.g. Former Staff AND Site Staff) then they are eligible ONLY for the first of those groups to appear in the list. This covers Ciddies for Best Admin, Cid's Knight, Site Staff, Recognized Member/Former Staff, Veteran, Regular and Newbie.
    Also - Let's keep it fun. GO! Nominate!
    Last edited by Queen Award, First of Her Name; 06-14-2010 at 08:33 PM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Old Manus

Hell yes.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Congrats to all the winners.

Blog Entries

I must remember to make time to nominate this week. For my sister's sake.

I wonder if there is a tale of tragedy hiding behind Award Guy's blissfully horny bravado.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel obligated to point out that the age of consent in America varies from state to state and it is 17 in more states than it is 18. Because that is the kind of pointless nitpicking which brings me joy

Quote Originally Posted by Award Gay
    HEY HEY, KIDS!
    What is this Three Dog business? John Henry Eden does not approve.

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

I've edited in the usual rules, including the link to everyone's favourite past Ciddies winners list. If anyone notices a name missing from that list that should be on it, or a name that has been changed, let me know! Ingoring the joke name changes that seem to be going on right now, that is. Who would want to be like Loony BoB anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Award Gay
    HEY HEY, KIDS!
    What is this Three Dog business? John Henry Eden does not approve.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Y'all ready for this?

DOO DOOOO DO DO DO DO DOOO DO DO DOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Dramatic Groundhog View Post
    Congrats to all the winners.
    Yes, this.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think the signature I made on my first day with photoshop was beautiful

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I stand corrected, noble clown.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Y'all ready for this?

DOO DOOOO DO DO DO DO DOOO DO DO DOOOOOO
    Reserved for the revelations. =] Honestly, though, I couldn't stop listening to that song for about half an hour recently as AG just kept playing it over and over and over and over while typing out the first post of this thread.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

It's that time of the year again? Maybe this time around I'll actually nominate some members. :D
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Nom'd some in.